why?? i just want to know

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2006 06:34 am
la ilaha ella ALLAH,Mohammad rasool ALLAH

Why a Jew can grow his beard in order to practice his faith
But when Muslim does the same, he is an extremist and terrorist!
Why a nun can be covered from head to toe in order to devote herself to God
But when Muslimah does the same she oppressed
When a western women stays at home to look after her house and kids she is respected because of sacrificing herself and doing good for the household?
But when a Muslim woman does so by her will, they say, "she needs to be liberated"!
Any girl can go to university wearing what she wills and have her rights and freedom?
But when Muslimah wears a Hijab they prevent her from entering her university!
When a child dedicates himself to a subject he has potential.
But when he dedicates himself to Islam he is hopeless!
When a Christian or a Jew kills someone religion is not mentioned, but when Muslim is charged with a crime, it is Islam that goes to trial!
When someone sacrfices himself to keep others alive, he is noble and all respect him.
But when a Palestinian does that to save his son from being killed, his brother's arm being broken, his mother being raped, his home being destroyed, and his mosque being violated -- He gets the title of a terrorist! Why? Because he is a Muslim!
When there is a trouble we accept any solution? If the solution lies in Islam, we refuse to take a look at it.
When someone drives a perfect car in a bad way no one blames the car.
But when any Muslim makes a mistake or treats people in a bad manner - people say "Islam is the reason"!
Without looking to the tradition of Islam, people believe what the newspapers say.
But question what the Quran says!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,019 • Replies: 16
No top replies

McTag

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2006 06:44 am
I don't usually get involved in religious threads, because I have no religious beliefs myself.

However, I would say that anyone should be able to dress how they like, and worship as they like, and behave as they like, as long as

1. they don't try to force anyone else to do the same

2. they obey the laws of the country they are living in

3. they don't discriminate against anyone who has a different set of beliefs from them.

Since I think compliance with 3 is impossible to achieve, I believe religion is a bad thing.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2006 06:52 am
It's also my point of view...
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2006 07:06 am
could be because every time there is terroist rhetoric or terrorist actions it is done LOUDLY in the name of Allah.... just a thought... people are impressionable....
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2006 10:32 am
I have no problem with those who would die for their religion, though it may be in vain.

What disturbs me are those who would kill for their religion.
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2006 11:49 am
I agree 100%
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2006 01:24 pm
Re: why?? i just want to know
bluebaby wrote:
la ilaha ella ALLAH,Mohammad rasool ALLAH

Why a Jew can grow his beard in order to practice his faith
But when Muslim does the same, he is an extremist and terrorist!
Facial hair doesn't make anyone a terrorist. Murder and threats of murder do.
Why a nun can be covered from head to toe in order to devote herself to God But when Muslimah does the same she oppressed
If the nun's society threatened her with death, violence or ostracism if she didn't choose to cover her body, that would be the same oppression Muslim women endure.
When a western women stays at home to look after her house and kids she is respected because of sacrificing herself and doing good for the household?
But when a Muslim woman does so by her will, they say, "she needs to be liberated"!
If western women are forced to stay inside, and are only allowed to venture out of the door with a male relative, she would need to be liberated, just like the Muslim women this applies to.
Any girl can go to university wearing what she wills and have her rights and freedom? But when Muslimah wears a Hijab they prevent her from entering her university!
I agree with this one.
When a child dedicates himself to a subject he has potential.
But when he dedicates himself to Islam he is hopeless!
I would only say the odds are he is disaffected from authority and society, and adopts Islam in protest, so he is "likely" ripe for anti-establishment violence. Hopefully not.
When a Christian or a Jew kills someone religion is not mentioned, but when Muslim is charged with a crime, it is Islam that goes to trial!
If the Christian or Jew kills in the name of their religion, that is examined. Since so many Muslims are killing people in the name of--and because of--their religion, it needs to be examined and broadcast.
When someone sacrfices himself to keep others alive, he is noble and all respect him.
But when a Palestinian does that to save his son from being killed, his brother's arm being broken, his mother being raped, his home being destroyed, and his mosque being violated -- He gets the title of a terrorist! Why? Because he is a Muslim!
You should share this story.
When there is a trouble we accept any solution? If the solution lies in Islam, we refuse to take a look at it.
Who has found a solution in Islam for anything? I know where one is for the problem of the growing Jewish population, but genocide is not as good an answer as it seems to be for Muslims, who follow and support the related passages in the Koran.
When someone drives a perfect car in a bad way no one blames the car.
But when any Muslim makes a mistake or treats people in a bad manner - people say "Islam is the reason"!
If the car model has caused thousands of other similar accidents, it is recalled.

Without looking to the tradition of Islam, people believe what the newspapers say.
But question what the Quran says!
The worst stuff is IN the Koran.

I'd be interested to hear your responses.
0 Replies

Perplexed

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2006 06:25 pm
McTag wrote:
I don't usually get involved in religious threads, because I have no religious beliefs myself.

However, I would say that anyone should be able to dress how they like, and worship as they like, and behave as they like, as long as

3. they don't discriminate against anyone who has a different set of beliefs from them.

Since I think compliance with 3 is impossible to achieve, I believe religion is a bad thing.
Do you think I discrminate due to religion? If you think I do I'd like to know why.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2006 02:03 am
Perplexed wrote:
Do you think I discrminate due to religion? If you think I do I'd like to know why.

Are you posting under "Bluebaby's" avatar?
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2006 02:23 am
Perplexed wrote:
McTag wrote:

I'm sure I don't know whether you discriminate or not, but as a person apparently with strong religious beliefs, you would be very unusual (unique?) if you did not.

But let's not get personal here.

Most religious creeds seem to be a good blueprint for living, despite my misgivings about religion in general. It's how they are interpreted and used where the problem seems to lie.
0 Replies

PoetSeductress

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2006 10:21 am
quote:

McTag wrote:
...a good blueprint for living...

That's a very good word, McTag. It happens to be one of my favorites:

(n) photographic print of plans or technical drawings etc.
(n) something intended as a guide for making something else; "a blueprint for a house"; "a pattern for a skirt"
(v) make a blueprint of

Synonyms: design, draft, draught, pattern

Related words: design, exposure, photo, photograph, pic, plan, plan, program, programme
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2006 10:54 am
Yes. Words are interesting things.

Do you know why the blueprint was so called? The plans etc for construction of all kinds used to be blue (and white) in colour, because of the reproductive system used way back when.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2006 10:57 am
And by "reproductive system" I mean of course in this case, the making of copies of plans.

Just in case you wondered. Smile
0 Replies

PoetSeductress

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2006 11:01 am
quote:

McTag wrote:
Yes. Words are interesting things.

Do you know why the blueprint was so called? The plans etc for construction of all kinds used to be blue (and white) in colour, because of the reproductive system used way back when.

Yes. As I was growing up, my step-father and his brothers had their own residential construction company. They built homes and apartment complexes. I can remember him spreading out is blueprints across the kitchen table. I loved going on the building sites, hearing the sounds, and smelling the scent of the wood after it's sawed.

McTag wrote:
And by "reproductive system" I mean of course in this case, the making of copies of plans.

Just in case you wondered. Smile

I understand. Smile
0 Replies

bluebaby

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2006 02:33 pm
dear Lash,I don't know the source of your info. but i can confirm that they aren't accurate women(Muslims) are not compelled to wear hijab or as nuns are compelled to wear certain clothes,Iam talking about the major Islamic countries in the arab world .Women aren't also confined in houses ,take me as an example Iam a univ. student &iam free to go out whereever and whenever i wish,may be some families are a little bit reserved and they never allow their girls or women to go out freely but this isnot related to any religion as i have a French friend (Christian)who can't go anywhere without her father's permission (he rarely grants her any)...Islam my dear advocates and supports freedom of worship. don't pay attention to what fanatics or extremists say, if you read the HOLY QUR'AN and tried to interpret the core meaning i can assure you that you will not be bias and the image will get crystal clear
0 Replies

AliceInWonderland

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2006 05:08 pm
What country are you speaking about, bluebaby? I'm sure there are strict families in many areas, but there seems to be a much higher percentage in Muslim areas, particularly in those areas where illiteracy is high. Unfortunately, as a female university student, you are in the minority. Average literacy rate among Muslims is 38%, among women in rural areas, only 3 - 7 % are literate. Link

Perhaps it is because of horrible misinterpretations of the Qur'an (or perhaps because of accurate interpretations), but Muslim women, statistically, are oppressed, even in Pakistan where the prime minister was a woman. Veils, sequestering, lack of rights, etc. have become part of the culture associated with Islam. It's sad.
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2006 05:35 pm
KABUL, Oct 9, 2004

http://asmallvictory.net/archives/afelec.jpg
0 Replies