Chancellor Helmut Kohl agrees with Ahmadinejad on Holocaust

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 04:44 am
http://www.iranfocus.com/themes/iranfocusColour1/images/IranFocus-New-Logo.gif

Quote:
Iran Focus

Tehran, Iran, Mar. 06 – Former German Chancellor Helmut Kohl reportedly told Iranian businessmen in Germany that he agreed with statements by Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad that the Holocaust was a “myth”, the semi-official Jomhouri Islami reported on Monday.

http://www.iranfocus.com/uploads/img440b5b4d704f0.jpg

The government-owned daily wrote that at a dinner gala with Iranian hoteliers and entrepreneurs, Kohl said that he “heartily agreed” with Ahmadinejad’s remarks about the Holocaust.

“What Ahmadinejad said about the Holocaust was in our bosoms”, the former German chancellor was quoted as saying. “For years we wanted to say this, but we did not have the courage to speak out”.

Ahmadinejad caused an international furore last year when he publicly declared that the Holocaust was a “myth” and threatened that Israel must be “wiped off the map”.

His comments were supported by senior Iranian officials, including Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei and former president Ayatollah Ali Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani.

The country’s state-run media have systematically defended the position of the Iranian president and given extensive coverage to historians and “experts” who deny the Holocaust took place

source
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,562 • Replies: 31
No top replies

detano inipo

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 06:42 am
This so-called collossus of German politics was a totally corrupt and arrogant man.

If his quote about the holocaust is true, he will start a fierce debate in Germany.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/593146.stm
0 Replies

chris2a

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 07:41 am
Following our basic instinct for survival, we justify the most abhorrent acts of brutality and murder against our fellow man. This animal instinct is well developed in humans and quite complex. To be worthy of surviving, we must turn the truth upside down to justify our existence in the face of our deeds deemed unworthy of humanity and compassion.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 07:53 am
Kohl became famous - in 1984, I think - because he coined the phrase "the grace of late birth" (because he is born in 1930).

I suppose, if he really said such, it would be more than in an uproar here. But until now I've noticed nothing. Not even that report is noticed here.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 08:03 am
If he was as inferred a holocaust denier. Would he not be breaking German law?
0 Replies

chris2a

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 08:03 am
Walter, do you think it may be a politically driven discussion if, in fact, it is true?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 08:22 am
Driven be whom? And why? (Kohl isn't even a member of parliament anymore.)
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 08:24 am
au1929 wrote:
If he was as inferred a holocaust denier. Would he not be breaking German law?

Well, if the Iranian 'voice of government' now becomes the one and only truth - of course.

You rely a lot on what the Iranian says and propose, do you au?
0 Replies

chris2a

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 08:28 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Driven be whom? And why? (Kohl isn't even a member of parliament anymore.)

Yes, but you know there are always economic undercurrents to politics, whether an active or "retired" member of that circle
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 08:29 am
Walter
Not at all. I said if he was as inferred.
0 Replies

detano inipo

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 09:43 am
Jomhouri Islami is the Irani newspaper that carried this story. It also carried these stories.

http://mehr.org/stoning_list.htm

http://mehr.org/
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 05:37 pm
And if you want to see a stoning in Iran.....

http://www.iran-e-azad.org/stoning/video.html

The video is not of very good quality but you get the idea.

They wrap them in white linen and bury them waist deep in a hole. Then everyone who chooses to picks up a rock and throws it at the victim. It's like a big party. Kind of reminds you of the old Roman games.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2006 12:34 am
Besides on the blog of the conservative 'Die Welt', the 'news' has until now only be reported in 'American Thinker' and three Arabian blogs.
0 Replies

dalahow2

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 08:22 am
FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION...
I thought The former chancellor has freedom of expression Laughing Laughing Laughing

Is it true that it's in their bosom but they can't talk?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 08:34 am
Good God. I hope this isn't true. This is exactly the kind of thing I've been concerned about with the muzzle law.

If the Chancellor himself carries these feelings, how deep in German, or global society, does this feeling exist?

We have no idea, because they can't say.

Will be following this.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 08:46 am
But, I do keep in mind, this may be a ruse by Iran. It's just sort of crazy that they would do something like this, because he could easily deny it.

I'd like to know the truth.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 09:46 am
So you are all concerned. That's fine - but can anyone give me a link for that - besides that Iranian source?

Quote:
Former Chancellor Helmut Kohl denies Iran daily's story

Wed. 08 Mar 2006
Iran Focus

London, Mar. 08 - Former German Chancellor Helmut Kohl denied a report in a semi-official Iranian daily picked up by Iran Focus which accused him of agreeing with statements made by Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on the Holocaust, according to a statement received from the former chancellor's office.

In an email to Iran Focus on Wednesday, Lutz Stroppe, the head of the office of the former chancellor, wrote that Kohl "rejects firmly" the quotation from a government-owned daily in Iran. Jomhouri Islami wrote in its Monday edition that at a dinner gala with Iranian hoteliers and entrepreneurs, Kohl had said that he "heartily agreed" with Ahmadinejad's remark that the Holocaust was a "myth".

The article was subsequently picked up and reported by Iran Focus.

Ahmadinejad caused an international furore last year when he publicly declared that the Holocaust was a "myth" and threatened that Israel must be "wiped off the map".

His comments were supported by senior Iranian officials, including Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei and former president Ayatollah Ali Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani.

The country's state-run media have systematically defended the position of the Iranian president and given extensive coverage to historians and "experts" who deny the Holocaust took place.
Source
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Lash wrote:
Good God. I hope this isn't true. This is exactly the kind of thing I've been concerned about with the muzzle law.

If the Chancellor himself carries these feelings, how deep in German, or global society, does this feeling exist?

We have no idea, because they can't say.

Will be following this.

It's a former chancellor - he isn't in office since eight years now.

Who is "they" that can't say it?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Lash wrote:

I'd like to know the truth.

Okay, my above quote is more than a week old.

Any idea, where else to be find "the truth"?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 10:06 am
I'm suspending judgment until the story unfolds.

I don't want to blame the man if he's the victim of a convenient and inflammatory lie.

They very well be using a German figure to cause a serious problem, that would greatly benefit their position.

Or, he could have said it... I don't mind waiting.
0 Replies