Peter Popoff mailed me a letter

KiwiChic

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2006 05:01 pm
real life wrote:
KiwiChic wrote:
.....anyone asking you for money is a scam artist period!

And why they let those Red Cross folks and Greenpeace folks and Amnesty International folks and Shriners and UNICEF get away with asking for money is a mystery, ain't it?

Matter of fact, I went to the grocery the other day and before I got out the door the cashier asked me for money too. Hey...................

whats up with the childish retort?....you know very well in what context I mean..this thread pertains to a religious scam artist on TV that Snipe felt he was parted from his money in a not so honest way, then to be asked for more...stop trying to turn it into rubbish no one can be bothered with.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2006 05:37 pm
Hey, KiwiChic, for fifty bucks I'll have god smite real life for you. He owes me a coupla favors...
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2006 06:08 pm
Re: Peter Popoff mailed me a letter
real life wrote:
mesquite wrote:
SNIPE wrote:
He told me he could help me. He sent me some water i was suppose to put under my pillow. When I opened the letter the water packett was empty. He told me to ssend him a seed of 15 dollers. I sent him $20 like an ass and now regreat it. The same day I mailed out the $20 dollers he sent me another letter saying God want you to send a seed of 200 hunderd dollers. I seen a vision and god told me to help you. If you send me this money and obay god you will be blessed with a higher income everymonth. I am so mad. I looked him up on the internet and people say he is a fake. Im mad I mailed him $20 but glad I found out he was a fake before I mailed the $200.00. Did anyone hear of this guy. Can I get him in trouble. Does anyone know about Peter-Popoff

Yep,

Peter Popoff with his "miracle spring water"

Don Stewart, with his "green prosperity handkerchief"

Robert Tilton with his request for "vows to the Lord"

All three play on the BET channel on Sunday evenings.

All three promise miracle healing and sudden wealth if you just send them money.

All three prey on the desperate and disadvantaged.

Why don't honest Christians police their own house?

Because they all sell the same product.

And what do you expect Christians to do about these folks, Mesquite? Beat 'em up? Shoot 'em?

Well you certainly have no problem finding words to jammer on about for the things that DO bother you such as abortion or the teaching of evolution.

real life wrote:
Don't tell me there's nobody taking advantage of folks who aren't religious........

Strawman.
real life wrote:
Is there anything that you can't find a way to bash Christians about, Mesquite? Is absolutely everything their fault?

Are you disagreeing with my premise that "they sell the same product"?

real life wrote:
You're a sad case.

I have brought up the subject of these leaches in at least four other threads besides this one.

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=488145&highlight=popoff#488145

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=614326&highlight=popoff#614326

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=682453&highlight=popoff#682453

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1253379&highlight=popoff#1253379

What is sad, real life, is that these shysters continue to operate with impunity because the hide beneath the cover of religion.
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2006 06:49 pm
kickycan wrote:
Hey, KiwiChic, for fifty bucks I'll have god smite real life for you. He owes me a coupla favors...

lol you trying to scam me out of 50 bucks kicky?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2006 07:10 pm
Kiwichic,

Trust me, I think I can get God to do the smiting for nothing. :wink: Laughing

(And yes, that was a joke. Laughing )
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2006 07:16 pm
LOL I know you probably could MA
0 Replies

SNIPE

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2006 07:33 pm
Hey, Thanks for making this a sticky. I really cannot wait for Petter Popoff to send me another letter and ask for money. I'm going to mail him something real special. Maybe I'll put some fake game money or dookie. Laughing lol
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2006 07:36 pm
SNIPE,

Why don't you ask him if he would like YOU to introduce HIM to God? :wink: Laughing
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2006 07:40 pm
Snipe,

I have a cat. I have ready access to dookie anytime you need any.

Tell you what. You send me fifty dollars for postage and handling, and I will personally dig out a few large cat nuggets and have them in the mail to Mr. Popoff in the morning.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2006 11:58 pm
Mesquite wrote:

What a ridiculous question. Of course I disagree.

Use is not the same as misuse.

Would a doctor who uses a scalpel and a punk who uses a blade be engaged in the same occupation?
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2006 10:02 am
Real,
I provided four links where I previously brought up these leeches. Feel free to scan those threads or even this one for a post by a believer that that responds other than defensively.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2006 10:08 am
Mesquite wrote:
real life wrote:
Mesquite wrote:

What a ridiculous question. Of course I disagree.

Use is not the same as misuse.

Would a doctor who uses a scalpel and a punk who uses a blade be engaged in the same occupation?

Real,
I provided four links where I previously brought up these leeches. Feel free to scan those threads or even this one for a post by a believer that that responds other than defensively.

Which may not be surprising, considering your tendency then and now to paint all Christians with the same brush, just as you did above --- 'they sell the same product'.

So how come you, like everyone else in your hometown, are a druggie and beat your children, Mesquite?
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2006 10:14 am
Mesquite, you live near me???
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2006 03:49 pm
Squinney, not unless you have recently moved to Arizona.
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2006 08:00 pm
real life wrote:
Mesquite wrote:
Real,

Which may not be surprising, considering your tendency then and now to paint all Christians with the same brush, just as you did above --- 'they sell the same product'.

Yep, definitely the same product. Robert Tilton has an assortment of Bibles on his desk with all of his favorite passages referring to "vows" highlighted. He skips from one to another reading passages during his "show".
0 Replies

real life

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2006 09:56 pm
mesquite wrote:
real life wrote:
Mesquite wrote:
Real,

Yep, definitely the same product. Robert Tilton has an assortment of Bibles on his desk with all of his favorite passages referring to "vows" highlighted. He skips from one to another reading passages during his "show".

So how does that prove that all ministers professing the Christian faith 'sell the same product' ? You haven't shown anything to prove your assertion.

Do all atheists 'sell the same product' ? Are all of them culpable for the atrocities committed by atheist regimes such as the Soviet Union during the reign of Stalin, etc ?

Your weak broadbrush attempts grow more desparate each time you trot them out, Mesquite.

Are all donors to the Red Cross responsible for the way that organization misrepresented itself by stashing 9/11 funds and not disbursing them? Are they all just deluded RC fanatics, dedicated to a cult?

How 'bout all Democratic donors? Do they secretly practice the 'scream' of their wacky leader, Dr. Dean? Are they responsible for his every nutty remark? ("I hate Republicans" "Republicans are all about suppressing votes" , etc)

How 'bout public school teachers and those that send their kids to public schools? Are they responsible for the actions of the leaders of public schools --- the administrators and teachers who are in the news (seems like a new one every week) for sexually exploiting their students?

Mesquite, your premise is DOA.

Just state the obvious; that you will do and say anything, no matter how untruthful or disconnected from reality to smear Christians because you dislike them and feel superior to them. Just tell the truth and be done with it.
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2006 11:35 pm
real life wrote:
mesquite wrote:

So how does that prove that all ministers professing the Christian faith 'sell the same product' ? You haven't shown anything to prove your assertion.

The product would be the Bible, the word of God.. It is the sales pitch that varies. Some push it's fire and brimstone and wrath of God messages, others push the sweet Jesus died for you message, or some other message, but they all trot out scriptures from the same book.

real life wrote:
Do all atheists 'sell the same product' ? Are all of them culpable for the atrocities committed by atheist regimes such as the Soviet Union during the reign of Stalin, etc ?

Athiests have no product. That is what the term means. The atrocities were not commited in the name of atheism, however you cannot say the same for Christianity.

real life wrote:
Your weak broadbrush attempts grow more desparate each time you trot them out, Mesquite.

What is desperate is your continual lame attempt to discount science so as to accommadate your 6000 year age of the earth.

real life wrote:
Just state the obvious; that you will do and say anything, no matter how untruthful or disconnected from reality to smear Christians because you dislike them and feel superior to them. Just tell the truth and be done with it.

How about you either put up or shut up with your accusations. Show where I have ever criticized Christians for being Christians. In this thread I have criticized the lack of even lip service against the charlatans abusing your faith. I also readily criticize those that would impose their religious view upon others.

Show me one instance of my being untruthful that is even close to the incessant quote mining technique that you employ on the evolution thread.
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2006 11:42 pm
squinney wrote:
Mesquite, you live near me???

In my first reply, I had missed real's reference to my hometown. :wink:
0 Replies

real life

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 12:18 am
mesquite wrote:
real life wrote:
mesquite wrote:

The product would be the Bible, the word of God.. It is the sales pitch that varies. Some push it's fire and brimstone and wrath of God messages, others push the sweet Jesus died for you message, or some other message, but they all trot out scriptures from the same book.

real life wrote:

Athiests have no product. That is what the term means. The atrocities were not commited in the name of atheism, however you cannot say the same for Christianity.

real life wrote:

What is desperate is your continual lame attempt to discount science so as to accommadate your 6000 year age of the earth.

real life wrote:

How about you either put up or shut up with your accusations. Show where I have ever criticized Christians for being Christians. In this thread I have criticized the lack of even lip service against the charlatans abusing your faith. I also readily criticize those that would impose their religious view upon others.

Show me one instance of my being untruthful that is even close to the incessant quote mining technique that you employ on the evolution thread.

Funny how you want to change the topic to evolution now.

Yes, atheists do have a product. Their message is one that they 'sell' every day using argument and persuasion, just as others who have a belief that they uphold and argue for.

Let's not kid ourselves that atheists can be just as market oriented as churches. Some of the atheists on this forum are very active in trying to persuade others to adopt their view. That is their right.

Do they therefore share responsibility for the millions who were starved in the Ukraine during the Stalinist era? Don't tell me that wasn't done in the name of atheism. That's semantic sleight of hand, since everyone knows that Soviet Marxism was atheist at it's core and was philosophically founded upon the primacy of man and the non-existence of God.

So should we broadbrush all atheists the way you do Christians or no? And don't forget about the Democrats. Should they get the same broadbrush treatment?

Your technique is so obvious. Paint all Christians with the misdeeds of an aberrant few and then decry their 'self defensive' responses.

So how come you are a druggie and beat your kids like everyone in your hometown, Mesquite?
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 05:33 pm
Your delusions are boundless real life.

In the process of looking up some dirt on my favorite televangelists I came across an interesting site.

It seems that there is a group of Christians that care about the abuses of some of these scammers and actually do something about it.

Quote:
The foundation regularly provides assistance to print and electronic journalists investigating suspected fraud or other abuses of the public trust by members of the religious media. The foundation maintains a private investigative license with the State of Texas and frequently provides undercover operatives. to news programs like PrimeTime Live, 60 Minutes, Dateline, CNN Special Reports, 20/20, British Broadcasting Corporation, Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, and Inside Edition, among many others. We have also worked with The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, The Economist, London Independent, Washington Post, Los Angeles Times, and The Dallas Morning News.

Foundation representatives have testified for Congressional hearings examining abuses by America's television evangelists. The foundation has also provided investigative reports to various agencies of state and federal government.

Trinity Foundation Inc.

Kudos to Trinity and it's founder Ole E. Anthony
0 Replies