Is abortion not negative feedback?

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2006 08:09 am
Does abortion not reduce the number of aborters (people prone to abortion) in a population and thus actually work in favor of anti-abortion activists. And therefore should they not be supporting abortion in order to fight abortion?
Freak out.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 590 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2006 08:24 am
Twisted Evil
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2006 09:53 am
Interesting.

If nothing else, it highlights that one thing both sides of this debate would like is a world in which abortion is not necessary. Nobody is really pro-abortion -- it's a sad, sad event that is best avoided. The divide is just, if it DOES become necessary, for whatever reason, will we make it so that illegal (and often fatal) back alley abortions are the only option?
0 Replies

rufio

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 01:41 pm
It's my understanding the anti-abortionists are opposed to abortion because they think it is analogous to murder. With that perspective, I don't think this theory works, since that would be the same as killing someone in the expectation that they will eventually kill others, before the actual fact, which I don't think many people are terribly keen on.
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 09:32 pm
So it comes down to, when does a human life start to exist?
0 Replies

queen annie

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2006 01:26 pm
IMO, when that initial breath of air is gasped, that is the birth of 'a living soul' on this material plane. It is the start of the awareness that defines existence on our present level.

'When life starts' is not as crucial as 'what start should life have,' the way I see it.

Anti-abortionist zealots scream about 'murder'--their desire to sustain and protect all human life regardless of circumstance. A potential mother (and perhaps father) that seek an alternative to bringing a child into a world that they do not see as prepared for that child (on the personal scope, that is--pregnancy happens with sex, but families require preparation of a much more extensive sort) obviously feel that the 'life' option is far bleaker than the 'murder' option--it is not a decision or experience that leaves any woman untouched or unaffected--surely it feels like murder, but that doesn't make it so.

IOW, what is the real death-sentence? A life without promise one of any kind of even fleeting happiness due to an entry into a world that does not welcome you or provide any source of nurturing embrace?
Or prevention/postponement/detour?

If the anti-abortionists truly had faith in God, they would not be trying to make His decisions for the rest of the people. If they understood things from the spiritual perspective they lack yet claim exclusive, they would certainly not view physical death with such a limited and dogmatic aversion.

What do I think? I think what I think and I expect others to do the same--I cannot determine anything but what I experience myself. I think those kind of laws are ultimately hypocrisy in its highest form.
0 Replies