Rational Creation Theory

Bobbles

Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2006 11:57 pm
Apon scouring the Near-Death Experiences website, I came across the accounts of a experiencer, Edgar Cayce, who claims to have talked to God, Jesus, and other souls/beings during his afterlife experience. He has written books and accounts about what Jesus told him.

Apparently Jesus explained to him exactly how the Universe was created and how humans came to be. These explanations run alongside the Bible's interpretations, but are much more complex. Though the Bible explains that God created Adam and Eve, Cayce explains that souls released from God encountered the bodys of semi-evolved humans and eventually evolved into "Adam". It's confusing but worth a look, Click here.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 833 • Replies: 8
No top replies

fresco

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2006 02:57 am
Bobbles,

This word "rational" needs to be taken to the cleaners.

Irrespective of Cayce's "visions", applying the word "rational" to "creationism" assumes that the avoidance of the infinite regress of "who made God" is a rational move. If "rationality" means selecting your particular variety of rose coloured spectacles then Cayce, or any other religious claptrap will qualify.
0 Replies

RaceDriver205

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2006 07:50 am
lol, i remember once someone told be about a book written by a man who was talked to by god whilst in a trance. Apparently it was a good laugh, reminds me of Hubbard and church of Sci and what he said about being run over by a bishop in a steam roller and then going to live peacefully on the planet Zog for 234,345,342,396 years or something. Anyway, ill take a look.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2006 07:52 am
Edgar Cayce was a charlatan par excellence, the evidence for which is in the facility with which he suckers the gullible long after his death.
0 Replies

aktorist

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 04:23 pm
Quote:
Apon scouring the Near-Death Experiences website, I came across the accounts of a experiencer, Edgar Cayce, who claims to have talked to God, Jesus, and other souls/beings during his afterlife experience. He has written books and accounts about what Jesus told him.

I think that they are called endorphins. Or a hallucination. Hallucinations occur frequently.

When you have an NDE, your feeling of "self" can be detached from your brain. The sensation can easily be created in a laboratory, by placing a helmet with rotating magnetic fields on your head. Visiting a place where the movement of the Earth's crust generates magnetic fields can give you the experience. Being in a situation where one's brain doesn't get enough oxygen sometimes does it.

A "prescence" can be then sensed. It is not God, or a ghost, or anything else. It is just the feeling of self.
0 Replies

Sanctuary

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 07:22 pm
I lost my hopes for a plausible Creation theory as soon as I read "Near-Death Experience". Sorry, but I believe in no such things. I've not once heard of a so-called 'near-death' experience that can't be rationally explained.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 07:23 pm
I keep hopin' the bobble-thumpers will have a near-life experience, and get a clue . . .
0 Replies

Drowned By Darkness

Reply Sat 4 Mar, 2006 10:09 pm
Like someone said before, it was proably a hallucionation, they occur all the time, by loss of blood or severe trauma.
0 Replies

Ethmer

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2006 10:11 am
http://www.able2know.com/go/?a2kjump=http://www.near-death.com/experiences/cayce03.html

An interesting read. It has been many years since i read the works about Edgar Cayce.

However, i don't believe i ever saw where Mr. Cayce claimed to have talked to God or Jesus. He also, by the way, never wrote a book, to my knowledge. i believe all books about him were written by others, many using the notes taken by his secretary during the "readings".

i am amazed to see how influencing his knowledge was to be many years later in my life when i wrote my philosophy "A Search For Truth" (which can be viewed by clicking on the "www" link at the bottom of this reply. Many similarities.
0 Replies