where were will you be?

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 07:57 pm
Islam is a religion in which God requires you to send your son to die for him.

Christianity is a faith in which God sent his Son to die for you.
- Surprised
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 539 • Replies: 12
No top replies

Doktor S

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 08:12 pm
And I am not sure which is the more disturbing psychology between the two.....
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 08:15 pm
Not me, buddy.
0 Replies

mysaviourJesus

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 08:19 pm
koran tells the truth
-"Fight and slay the pagans [Christians] wherever ye find them and seize them, confine them, and lie in wait for them in every place of ambush" (Surah 9:5)
-"Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the last day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and his apostle nor acknowledge the religion of truth of the people of the Book (the Jews and the Christians) until they pay the Jizya [tax on non-Muslims] with willing submission and feel themselves subdued." (Surah 9:29)
-"Those who follow Muhammad are merciless for the unbelievers but kind to each other." (Qur'an 48:29)
-"Enmity and hatred will reign between us until ye believe in Allah alone." (Qur'an 60:4)
Say to the Unbelievers, if (now) they desist (from Unbelief), their past would be forgiven them; but if they persist, the punishment of those before them is already (a matter of warning for them). And fight them on until there is no more tumult or oppression, and there prevail justice and faith in God altogether and everywhere; but if they cease, verily God doth see all that they do. (Qur'an 8:37-39)
And fight them on until there is no more Tumult or oppression, and there prevail justice and faith in God; but if they cease, Let there be no hostility except to those who practice oppression. (Qur'an 2:193)
-"Fight the unbelievers in your surroundings, and let them find harshness in you." (Qur'an 9:123)
-"For he who believes in the Trinity, "the Fire will be his abode … a grievous penalty will befall the blasphemer." Qur'an (5:72-73)
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 08:22 pm
scrappy bunch....
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 08:54 pm
Harshness in you, that rings a bell.

Can you talk other than quoting somebody or some book?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 09:15 pm
Re: koran tells the truth
mysaviourJesus wrote:
-"Fight and slay the pagans [Christians] wherever ye find them and seize them, confine them, and lie in wait for them in every place of ambush" (Surah 9:5)
-"Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the last day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and his apostle nor acknowledge the religion of truth of the people of the Book (the Jews and the Christians) until they pay the Jizya [tax on non-Muslims] with willing submission and feel themselves subdued." (Surah 9:29)
-"Those who follow Muhammad are merciless for the unbelievers but kind to each other." (Qur'an 48:29)
-"Enmity and hatred will reign between us until ye believe in Allah alone." (Qur'an 60:4)
Say to the Unbelievers, if (now) they desist (from Unbelief), their past would be forgiven them; but if they persist, the punishment of those before them is already (a matter of warning for them). And fight them on until there is no more tumult or oppression, and there prevail justice and faith in God altogether and everywhere; but if they cease, verily God doth see all that they do. (Qur'an 8:37-39)
And fight them on until there is no more Tumult or oppression, and there prevail justice and faith in God; but if they cease, Let there be no hostility except to those who practice oppression. (Qur'an 2:193)
-"Fight the unbelievers in your surroundings, and let them find harshness in you." (Qur'an 9:123)
-"For he who believes in the Trinity, "the Fire will be his abode … a grievous penalty will befall the blasphemer." Qur'an (5:72-73)
This is really confusing. Neither hellfire nor the trinity are doctrines supported by the bible.

So if you believe in the trinity nothing happens?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 09:28 pm
I will be as far from religion as possible.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 09:35 pm
I will be sitting in a lawn chair, eating some sort of pork product, and drinking cheap beer, lamenting the fact that edgar is not my immediate neighbor.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 09:45 pm
That too.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 10:06 pm
ob,
You will always be welcomed at my door... Bonus points if you can drag some of your friends along with you.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 10:08 pm
You wouldn't want to be my neighbor, LionT. I live deep in the heart of Bush country.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 10:14 pm
Edgar, I live deep in the heart of Helms country.
Good fences make good neighbors. I will leave extra lawn chairs out for you and osso. My fence is a pine forest.
0 Replies