Today we lost a bright light in our household

Eva

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 11:02 pm
I feel the same as littlek. What a lucky dog she was, to have you.

When I think about all the wonderful dogs who don't have loving homes, it makes it nice to read stories like Sadie's. You gave her a great life, Glitterbag.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 07:45 am
So sorry to read this.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 08:16 am
I'm so sorry for your loss, glitterbag.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 10:58 am
I read this and got a little teary.
Im sorry you had to go through this glitterbag.

I hope you get to a point where you can feel better
and the emptyness doesnt feel so heavy.

Best wishes to you .
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 04:25 pm
It's a bad loss when you lose a family friend, even if you might be half expexting it.
A dog has a way of telling you when things are getting bad & it needs a bit of help.
I'm sure you did all you could. It takes time to get over it but you still got your other dog.
I wish you well
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 04:39 pm
I'm sorry for your loss, Glittergirl.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 07:38 pm
Hello friends, thank you all for the lovely remarks. OldandNew is right, when we lose our friends it leaves a hole in our hearts, but I will always have my memories. Our Sadie was a sweetheart, and we couldn't allow her to suffer. I don't regret the surgery last summer/fall because it allowed her to live until recently pain free. We still have our lovely doofus Chloe, also sweet but never the top dog of the house. She misses Sadie and looks all over for her. My family feels blessed to have known so many noble dogs in our lifetime.
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Sat 18 Feb, 2006 11:40 pm
I am so sorry to hear of this dear lady. Sadie and you were on my mind this week and i was hoping she was recovering well from her surgery.

You did the best thing for her even if it hurt you, and that is the mark of true friendship and love.

You have a heart full of memories and you will forever be able to feel her fur with your fingertips and hear her voice in your ears if you listen close enough.

she will be there for you whenever you think of her.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 01:14 am
Nicely said, kuvasz - I'm sure Kodi woulda been proud of you for that.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 02:41 pm
Thank you kuvasz for the lovely words. Sadie seemed to be rebounding from operation and was much more active and very happy. She was feeling so good she was almost making herself a pest, always asking me to do something. But that's what I like about dogs, if you don't think of it, they will. This whole liver thing was from out of the blue. All of her organ functions were checked prior to surgery just for that reason, the doctor didn't want to operate on a dog that might have a life-threatening disorder. From the time I got suspicious of her condition until we had to put here down was a mere 7 days. There was not going to be a recovery from her situation and she would only get worse, we just couldn't do it to her. We miss her, and it's funny how you can feel so hollow one minute after feeling normal for a period of time. You are right about the touch of her hair, she had the softest ears I have every felt, like touching velvet. We do have wonderful memories and have been recalling various things she liked to do.

She loved to have repairmen in the house. I had a technician working on my dishwasher and realized Sadie wasn't in the room. I walked in the kitchen and there was Sadie with her head stuck over the repairman's shoulder trying to see whatever was so interesting in the dishwasher. She was always nosing around in the toolboxs and if someone handed her a hammer she lit up like light bulb. We decided not to let her carry the CD cases around because the cases kept cracking. Once when a decorator was here measuring for new drapes in my bedroom, we got downstairs and I noticed a toothbrush in the middle of the living room. I picked it up a little confused, then the decorator said "Oh that's my toothbrush", apparently she left her bag on the downstairs chair, so Sadie checked out her makeup bag and scattered several items on the rug. I was happy the decorator had a sense of humor.
0 Replies