Do you Post Secret?

Chai

Reply Mon 18 Feb, 2008 01:35 pm
another bump

sometimes I see a post on post secret that really hits me, like this one...

http://bp2.blogger.com/_a7jkcMVp5Vg/R7YsPNP2M7I/AAAAAAAAELU/A9hp4QKL0KM/s400/teacher1.jpg

Like, what's life all about? We'd all like to think we do something worth while, but only his wife knows none of his students thought enough of him to attend, or respond to an invitation.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 18 Feb, 2008 01:44 pm
I read that one too and had to stop and RE-read it.

I used to have the book....

if I remember who I lent it to, you can borrow it if ya like.

it is a good, one hour read.. but there seems to be a lot of 'i love you' notes and not much else.
What little other stuff there is though is REALLLY good..
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 18 Feb, 2008 01:53 pm
naw...that book wouldn't interest me...I like the stuff that really upsets me.

Like, when I read that above secret, I thought about how I would be afraid to give a party, because I'd be sure no one would show up, or worse, one person would show up, and be like "what a loser"

I had a girlfriend in high school, who told me a story about this other girl in our class who was totally unpopular. No one ever even talked to her.

She said when she was little she was invited to this girls house for a birthday party. She went, and was the only kid that showed up. Her mother had all this food laid out and everything.

My friend said the thing that really stuck with her was that they sat on the porch and watched the snails crawl up and down the side of the house.

oh my god, I'm going to go turn on the gas on the stove.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 18 Feb, 2008 03:02 pm
I gave that one a re-read too.

It really made me wonder if I would have responded.....
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 18 Feb, 2008 03:36 pm
There are teachers, and there are teachers. His wife might think that
her husband is an exceptional teacher, his students perhaps thought
differently.

If the teacher was great and had meant a lot to me, I definitely would
attend his/her anniversary, but out of all the teachers I had, only
a few made a difference.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 18 Feb, 2008 05:42 pm
That's not the point CJ, it doesn't have anything to do with his profession.

It's the husband who loves his job so much.

There he is, going along thinking he's happy with his lot, that students he had must have liked him. His wife, after years of hearing him talk about various students (must have, how would she know who to invite?) decides to honor him with a surprise party....only, no one even acknowledges he's alive.

It would be the same if your husband planned a surprise party for you, inviting all you clients over the years, one's you've talked about, and how much you enjoyed working with them, and how you had a mutually satisfying relationship.....and no one even responds......like you don't even exist, meant nothing.

The wife is hurt, she loves her husband, wanted to honor him, and she realizes no one thinks he's important enough a human to even respond to.

I hope she can shield him from ever finding out.
0 Replies