Do you Post Secret?

Eva

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 04:19 pm
Education is not necessarily the same as schooling. You know that.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 04:21 pm
so, yous got sum book learnin unner' yer belt huh?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 04:25 pm
OK M your toe is creeping over the line, this is a warning.
Next time I will have a word with the mr.(who happens to like my porsche.)
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 04:37 pm
i aint es'cared of you..

but if it means he cant see the porsche again
>sigh<

ill be nice.

grgrhgrhgrhkadfjarrgrgrgrrrgrrrgrrrr
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 04:41 pm
Ok for you mrs M the next time you're here you are sleeping on the couch. I mean it!
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 04:45 pm
but..........i Love you.

but
but

Im tellin Diane..
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 04:45 pm
"I never let schooling get in the way of my education" -Mark Twain
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 05:35 pm
It's interesting, I like it. Since I saw it for the first time today I wish I'd seen the archive. Definitely a bookmark.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 05:35 pm
how many do you figure are fake

i'm betting the english teacher is real and the suicide at the top is fake, it would be so easy for someone to make up the real heart wrenching stuff

it's still a great site, i love that kind of stuff, anyone who likes this shoul;d probably read neil bantock's trilogy griffin and sabine, atale told completely in post card correspondence between the two characters, very interesting and beautifully illustrated
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 05:43 pm
I've been playing around with this postcard type idea today since Chai made me second guess myself about sending something in.

It's been fun!

I do words and picture things of Mo all the time but I've never really played around with my own ideas and words before. I thought about posting some on this thread but I think I'll start a different one instead (if I can get my images onto Photobucket - my uploads keep failing.....).
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 06:53 pm
The site is very interesting.

Boom, I'm looking forward to seeing some of the stuff you've made while playing. Smile
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 07:18 pm
Here you go: http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=68813&highlight=

Come paste your own mini-biographies!
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 08:20 pm
I think we had a thread like that here, actually. Long time ago? (May even have been Abuzz, but I'm pretty sure it was here.)

Perhaps it wasnt, "my secret thought", but an "I'm sorry" thread ... where you could apologise, for anything, that really bothered you about having done or said, anytime, to anyone.

It went pretty much the same way as this site, judging from your comments. I remember there were a few heartwrenching / breathtaking ones, on the first pages ... then it went off into the more trivial / flippant / funny.

I'm good at A2K searches, but for this one I wouldnt even know where to start ... does anyone recognize what I'm talking about?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 08:24 pm
I do, it was here.

Hmm.

I'll look for it.
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 01:17 am
Book mark.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 10:06 am
I couldn't find the sorry thread!

Found one quick (entitled "I'm sorry") and got all happy but it was Wilso apologizing for Aussies helping with the Iraq invasion, or something.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 5 Sep, 2006 02:54 pm
bumping

You know, at some point during the week I end up looking at this site.

However, it seems to be becoming more and more a place for people to just vent some emotions, not something that's a secret at all.

For instance, this week, there's a picture of a soldier, taking a nap, and the caption is "I'm so afraid he's not coming back, and we won't have a wedding".....now, I think it's safe to say she's expressed that to someone.

Or someone writing "I think peace will come, sooner than we think" or "I'm getting married in 8 months, I lost my job, my fiance is in Iraq, my world is crashing down..I've never been this excited or scared in my life"....THAT's a secret?

I mean, this stuff you be fine if the premise of the whole site wasn't that you were telling something you have never told another soul.

I remember when I first discovered that site...it would literally make me gasp. I could see how sharing some secret could really help someone by getting it off their chest.

Now, it's really losing it's meaning. Secrets are being posted.

They might as well just come post here.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 5 Sep, 2006 06:55 pm
I feel the same way.

I bought the book and was dissappointed.

So dissappointed that I gave it away.

I felt like I was looking into a teenagers diary

It was full of " i wish you loved me"

" i love him and cant say"
" i love her but Im not her type" sort of things

Now, the flip side, what kept me reading was that I was picturing that these writters were in love with some really bad people.
Maybe it was a young girl in therapy for sexual abuse, and she thought she loved her abuser, no matter who he was

Maybe it was someone who met Saddam hussien and loved him (Laughing)

SOMETHING..
other then the high school crushes I was picturing.

If I get the book back, I will let you borrow it .
you will see what I mean.. Confused
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 5 Sep, 2006 07:06 pm
I missed this thread! Hmmmm.... interesting site, but I agree with Chai and shewolf's most current assessments.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 07:23 am
lilk...there used to be a way to get into the archives....there was some really heavy duty stuff back then. I don't know if it works anymore, or if they want you to buy the book.

I didn't feel like a voyeur, it would really make me feel and sometimes ache for these people who finally felt they had found an outlet to tell something that they felt safe telling no where else.

it's a shame.
0 Replies