I'm From China!

Asherman

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2006 09:57 am
To win the Nobel Prize, a individual has to have done some outstanding thing that advances World Peace, or that has improved the lives of human beings. The CCP's record on human rights isn't fertile ground for winning the prize. Some dissident individuals might get serious consideration, but then they would suffer government suppression. Scientists would have a better shot at the Prize, I think, but the CCP seems to discourage its leading scientists from fully participating with their peers outside China. If a scientist doesn't get peer recognition by their publications, their hopes for the Nobel aren't very good.
0 Replies

raymond chan

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2006 07:30 am
Asherman wrote:
To win the Nobel Prize, a individual has to have done some outstanding thing that advances World Peace, or that has improved the lives of human beings. The CCP's record on human rights isn't fertile ground for winning the prize. Some dissident individuals might get serious consideration, but then they would suffer government suppression. Scientists would have a better shot at the Prize, I think, but the CCP seems to discourage its leading scientists from fully participating with their peers outside China. If a scientist doesn't get peer recognition by their publications, their hopes for the Nobel aren't very good.

Exactly!
0 Replies

giantgem

Reply Mon 1 May, 2006 08:10 am
from shanghai to zhu jia jiao
hi..i'm from singapore and i dont know if i'm in the right subject but i need to know how to get to zhu jia jiao from shanghai. it's the labour day holiday...planning a getaway. thanks so much for any help
0 Replies

raymond chan

Reply Mon 1 May, 2006 10:27 am
Re: from shanghai to zhu jia jiao
giantgem wrote:
hi..i'm from singapore and i dont know if i'm in the right subject but i need to know how to get to zhu jia jiao from shanghai. it's the labour day holiday...planning a getaway. thanks so much for any help

Here's the website of Zhu Jia Jiao http://www.zhujiajiao.com/(it's totally Chinese version) for your reference and I hope it can help you!

And I searched some details,you can take the bus--Line Hu Qing Zhu at Chengdu N. Rd and DaGu Rd to the Zhu Jia Jiao station. The fare is 9 Yuan/p.

I'm not shanghai local resident,I hope my info can meet your needs.
0 Replies

giantgem

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 06:02 am
my appreciation
thank you so much for your help, i really appreciate it. i hope i wouldnt get lost on my way there. may i ask which part of china are you from?
0 Replies

raymond chan

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 08:09 am
Re: my appreciation
giantgem wrote:
thank you so much for your help, i really appreciate it. i hope i wouldnt get lost on my way there. may i ask which part of china are you from?

I'm in Guangzhou (Canton) city, GuangDong Province.
Southern China!
0 Replies

giantgem

Reply Thu 4 May, 2006 06:53 am
i know guangzhou! but i've heard that the security there isnt as good as compared to shanghai and it's kind of dangerous to go out at night is it? but the shopping there is really fantastic as compared to shanghai since most are manufactured there. you go to hongkong often since it's very near guangzhou?
0 Replies

raymond chan

Reply Thu 4 May, 2006 11:14 am
giantgem wrote:
i know guangzhou! but i've heard that the security there isnt as good as compared to shanghai and it's kind of dangerous to go out at night is it? but the shopping there is really fantastic as compared to shanghai since most are manufactured there. you go to hongkong often since it's very near guangzhou?

em...I think every city has such security problem more or less.
You should take care of yourself and beware of your belongings no matter where you are,right?
But you will safe when you are in GZ,coz you can see thousands of security in the street!

And yes, most of clothings are manufactured in Guangdong.I often go HK,it takes abt 2hrs to HK city by train.
0 Replies

giantgem

Reply Thu 4 May, 2006 07:30 pm
guangzhou is the nearest to singapore too. now that with tiger airways, a budget airline havin a new route there, i'm sure it's about time for me to visit guangzhou. i only know theres a lao shu jie in guangzhou is it? what's there?
0 Replies

raymond chan

Reply Fri 5 May, 2006 10:51 am
giantgem wrote:
guangzhou is the nearest to singapore too. now that with tiger airways, a budget airline havin a new route there, i'm sure it's about time for me to visit guangzhou. i only know theres a lao shu jie in guangzhou is it? what's there?

I'm sorry! I heard that name,but I really dont know the exactly location of it!

May be you will find some shops of selling fake products.But I think these shops are going decline because of the government policy!

If you wanna pay a visit to guangzhou,I think you'd better pay a visit to the whole PRD(Pearl River Delta),such as the cities--Guangzhou,Shenzhen,ZhuHai,ZhongShan,Macau,HongKong.

You can experience the Chinese-style modernization!
0 Replies

giantgem

Reply Fri 5 May, 2006 08:13 pm
seriously, raymond, sometimes i find it hard to decide which part of china to go because i've been to the jiangnan route-suzhou, hangzhou, wuxi, shanghai and nanjing, which i loved it so much i want to go again. singapore is near malaysia if you heard of it. it's nickname is hua yuan chen shi in chinese. i actually plan to go to beijing for the next china trip. i think guangzhou is practically shopping isnt it? and those fake goods are declining so i guess prices of goods are increasing too?
0 Replies

raymond chan

Reply Sat 6 May, 2006 05:04 am
Nope! The prices of goods would not increase.You know,most of clothings are manufactured in Guangzhou.Even you can find some shops of selling socks it just cost you 10yuan for 10pairs !!

And I suggest you can pay a visit to YunNan or GuiLin! The minority are living there.that's totally different from the other part of China!

And also, Guangzhou welcomes you! It will be different from the JiangNan route.
0 Replies

giantgem

Reply Sat 6 May, 2006 09:06 am
10 yuan for 10 pairs of socks is sooooooooooo cheap!!! but then i'm not so interested in socks. haha! i'm more interested in boots, clothes and accessories. you said you are studying in guangzhou so what are you majoring in?
0 Replies

raymond chan

Reply Sat 6 May, 2006 12:26 pm
giantgem wrote:
10 yuan for 10 pairs of socks is sooooooooooo cheap!!! but then i'm not so interested in socks. haha! i'm more interested in boots, clothes and accessories. you said you are studying in guangzhou so what are you majoring in?

Oh! You are a girl !! Now I know......-_-||
I'm studing in Guangdong uni of foreign studies,majoring in International Business.I'm a sophomore.
0 Replies

giantgem

Reply Sat 6 May, 2006 10:12 pm
hahaha!!! yup, i'm a woman. cos i'm interested in clothes, boots and accessories is it? so what do you plan to do in future? business? invest in shanghai or india?
0 Replies

raymond chan

Reply Sun 7 May, 2006 03:35 am
giantgem wrote:
hahaha!!! yup, i'm a woman. cos i'm interested in clothes, boots and accessories is it? so what do you plan to do in future? business? invest in shanghai or india?

Haha...yeah~~
But I really dont know what I plan to do in the future.May be I will immigrate to other country...

According to your profile,you are just 17 years old,but you are university student!?
0 Replies

giantgem

Reply Sun 7 May, 2006 09:53 am
no!!!! hahaha! i'm not a university student. i just finished high school and started on polytechnic. it's a 3 year course and then after that you can choose to work or go to the university for further studies. i guess i will probably go to some overseas university, say australia. if i am 17 and in university, i will be so smart. haha, but i'm not. how old are you then?
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Sun 7 May, 2006 10:34 pm
giantgem wrote:
no!!!! hahaha! i'm not a university student. i just finished high school and started on polytechnic. it's a 3 year course and then after that you can choose to work or go to the university for further studies. i guess i will probably go to some overseas university, say australia. if i am 17 and in university, i will be so smart. haha, but i'm not. how old are you then?

Just jumping into your conversation here - giantgem I note you are interested in studying poytechnic in Australia. I am Chinese and currently in Aust - here's something you may be interested in for future study courses - we actually have an Australian Technology Network of Universities - a grouping of Australia's best techno universities. Here's the website if you are interested:

http://www.atn.edu.au/

I'm interested in learning Chinese mandarin and would appreciate any help from all chinese people here - especially mainlanders. Ok please continue your conversation - sorry for jumping in! Razz
0 Replies

giantgem

Reply Mon 8 May, 2006 05:45 am
hey pragmatic! hm..is polytechnic same term as university? i dont think so right? i'm actually more interested in the universities in australia. i have a cousin who graduated from QUT. you're interested in learning chinese? but i thought you're a chinese?
0 Replies

raymond chan

Reply Mon 8 May, 2006 05:56 am
giantgem wrote:

Next month will be my 21st birthday,haha......
I thought most of Singapore ppl can speak Chinese,can you ?
0 Replies