Harper Gets Tough on Liberals!

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 02:32 pm
February 4, 2006
Ottawa, Canada (Rooters)
By Elmer Horsesnort

In an unexpected move today, the Prime Minister of Canada, Stephen Harper, spoke out about the flood of American liberals sneaking across the border into Canada, which has intensified in the past week, sparking calls for increased patrols to stop the illegal immigration.

The re-election of President Bush is prompting the exodus among left-leaning citizens who fear they'll soon be required to hunt, pray, and agree with Bill O'Reilly. Canadian border farmers say it's not uncommon to see dozens of sociology professors, animal-rights activists, and radical feminists crossing their fields at night.

"I went out to milk the cows the other day, and there was a Hollywood producer huddled in the barn," said Manitoba farmer Red Greenfield, whose acreage borders North Dakota. The producer was cold, exhausted, and hungry. "He asked me if I could spare a latte and some free-range chicken. When I said I didn't have any, he left. Didn't even get a chance to show him my screenplay, eh?"

In an effort to stop the illegal aliens, Greenfield erected higher fences, but the liberals scaled them. So he tried installing speakers that blare Rush Limbaugh across the fields. "Not real effective," he said. "The liberals still got through, and one made off with my favourite cow Bessie after I insisted I absolutely didn't have any Ben and Jerry's Half Café/Decaf Mocha Latte No Carb Ice Cream… you know, the $28 per pint kind."

Officials are particularly concerned about smugglers who meet liberals near the Canadian border, pack them into Volvo station wagons, drive them across the border, and leave them to fend for themselves.
"A lot of these people are not prepared for rugged conditions," one Mountie said. "I found one carload without a drop of drinking water. They did have a nice little Napa Valley cabernet though."

When paranoid liberals are caught, they're sent back across the border, often whining loudly that they fear retribution. Rumours have been circulating about the Bush administration's establishing re-education camps in which liberals will be forced to drink domestic beer, refrain from caviar and lobster, and watch NASCAR.

In the days since the election, liberals have turned to sometimes-ingenious ways of crossing the border. Some have taken to posing as senior citizens on bus trips to buy cheap Canadian prescription drugs. After catching a half-dozen young vegans disguised in powdered wigs, Canadian immigration authorities began stopping buses and quizzing the supposed senior-citizen passengers.
"If they can't identify the accordion player on The Lawrence Welk Show, we get suspicious about their age," an official said.

"I feel sorry for American liberals, but the Canadian economy just can't support them," an Ottawa resident said. "How many art-history majors does one country need? And besides, we are already over-run with free lunchers."
In an effort to ease tensions between the United States and Canada, Vice President Dick Cheney met with the Canadian ambassador and pledged that the administration would take steps to reassure liberals, a source close to Cheney said.

"We're going to have some Peter, Paul, & Mary concerts, and Linda Ronstadt, too - if she hasn't died of old age already. The president is determined to reach out." Laughing Laughing Laughing
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 880 • Replies: 14
No top replies

Amigo

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 02:46 pm
Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 05:01 pm
It must be a fake article.
0 Replies

pachelbel

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 06:56 pm
Oh! Do you think so!?

Hey - amigo, he thinks it's fake! Guess he's never heard of Elmer Horsesnort -the famous reporter?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 08:01 pm
Or Rooters news agency.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 08:08 pm
So which is it? Should I believe this. or are you clever villains toying with me?
0 Replies

Mandso

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 09:35 pm
thtat article doesn't sound plausible enough. I mean, some random american asking for a coffee of a certain type?!
maybe they just needed something to talk about.
0 Replies

pachelbel

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 10:49 pm
FreeDuck wrote:
Or Rooters news agency.

Let's root for Rooters!! Laughing
0 Replies

pachelbel

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 10:50 pm
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
So which is it? Should I believe this. or are you clever villains toying with me?

Toying with you? Never. Shocked Very Happy
0 Replies

pachelbel

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 10:52 pm
Mandso wrote:
thtat article doesn't sound plausible enough. I mean, some random american asking for a coffee of a certain type?!
maybe they just needed something to talk about.

You need to read more, Mandso Exclamation Ya missed the entire point :wink:
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 09:13 pm
http://www.fewings.ca/2006/optimized/060209PosterBoyc.jpg
0 Replies

Mandso

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2006 05:14 pm
i always miss the point
something i just tend to do
after all, i am still in senior school
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2006 06:18 pm
hi across the oceans, mandso !
it's an 'inside' canadian joke.
harper swore that he would stop liberal "hypocrisy' if elected prime-minister ... but his actions upon being elected weren't any better than than the liberal actions (who had plenty of practice in hypocrisy - harper hadn't developed enough finesse yet). hbg

ps. the actions that cause him some grief are appointing a senator(unelected) to serve in the government and to ask a freshly elected liberal to serve in his conservative government. even some of his own ministers are perplexed by his actions - and have openly said so. not a good start for a freshly minted prime-minister and government.
0 Replies

pachelbel

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 10:53 pm
But it beats the He!! out of what they have in the States.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 01:31 pm
pachabel wrote :
'But it beats the He!! out of what they have in the States. '

...but canada is trying hard to catch up...just give our new government a chance and they'll show the americans a thing or two . hbg
0 Replies