Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,021 • Replies: 36
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 09:22 am
looks more like Gabby Hayes in a gown
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 10:05 am
For every tree that looks like Jesus, I'll bet someone can find a tree that looks like Elvis, or for us older folks, James Dean.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 10:08 am
I'm waiting for one that looks like Stewie.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 10:12 am
Actually, the tree does look like Jesus holding a lamb....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/boomerangagain/House/jtreecopy.jpg
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 10:21 am
From the picture on the website it does look like it is Jesus holding a lamb. Does anyone know if there is anyway to get a larger view of the picture?

I have no idea if this tree means anything or not. It might or it might not. At the very least, it does appear to be getting others to think about Jesus. Maybe that's the point. I am going to see if I can find a closer shot or a larger shot of this.

Thanx for posting this edgar.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 10:22 am
My pleasure.
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 10:33 am
We don't really know what Jesus looked like, so how can we say this looks like him? This could be the image of just about anybody from within a couple centuries of Jesus. Maybe it is the image of a first Century camel salesman, come back to warn us to use eco-friendly transportation.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 10:42 am
I'll bet the guys who administer the Rorschach are having a blast with this.
I remember the big brouhaha about the Virgin Mary being seen in a glass window in Clearwater. People flocked from all over the place to see it, until someone broke the window.

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/tips/getAttraction.php3?tip_AttractionNo==5296

The thing is, as in a Rorschach test, people see what they want into an ambiguous figure. I would bet that the people who were convinced that both the Jesus tree and the Mary window were perceived as such by religious individuals.
0 Replies

Jason Proudmoore

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 10:45 am
boomerang wrote:
Actually, the tree does look like Jesus holding a lamb....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/boomerangagain/House/jtreecopy.jpg

There is something intriguing with us human being. We tend to try to find order wherever there is disorder. It's the way we function, our brains. Let me take this "picture" of Jesus holding what seems to be some sort of lamp and examine it a little bit further. Well, a guy like me comes in and tells you something else: Now, look at the figure you call "Jesus." Can you see another person within the figure? Well, I see it. As a matter of fact, this character resembles a fictional powerful Japanese (anime) character who casts balls of white energy from his hands. Can you see his face, his hands (producing white energy), and his muscular body within the figure of Jesus? IMO.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 10:45 am
It looks a little suspicious, the guy hiding behind the tree with a chainsaw.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 10:55 am
Fercryingoutloud.

I can't belive how people seem to take offense to seeing Jesus in a tree.

Speaking as someone who has sat through a gazillion art history lectures and studied thousands of pictures of Jesus I think the tree looks like Jesus holding a lamb.

So there!

And I'm not even a Christian.

So there again!

And if you look at the kind of melty area on the side of Jesus' face it looks like the face from Edvard Munch's "The Scream".
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 11:01 am
boomerang wrote:
And if you look at the kind of melty area on the side of Jesus' face it looks like the face from Edvard Munch's "The Scream".

And that is exactly my point. People see what they want to see when the image is uncertain. People like to be able to make some sense out of things that are vague.

It is logical that people whose lives are very much involved with Jesus, would tend to see Jesus. Ask a Buddhist, a Hindu, who has had little or no experience with the likeness of Jesus, and I would suspect that they would come up with a completly different interpretation. You are artistic, and therefore relate the figure to a famous painting.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 11:43 am
is that lamb he's carrying, i thought it looked more like pork loin
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 11:52 am
At least this time the religious figure is not on a half eaten sandwich. People see what they want to see.
0 Replies

Pauligirl

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 01:49 pm
Yeap. And that baloney has a first name......pareidolia

http://skepdic.com/pareidol.html

P
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 02:33 pm
Pauligirl wrote:
Yeap. And that baloney has a first name......pareidolia

http://skepdic.com/pareidol.html

P

Now I know why I like this site. I learn something new every day. Thanks, Pauligirl!
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 02:40 pm
Hey! That really is jesus! Crying or Very sad I'm going to hell.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 02:45 pm
Laughing Amigo!
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 02:55 pm
It looks just like Jesus don't it?IN A GRAVEYARD NO LESS !!!

This blows away the burnt Virgin mary tortilla. When I was a kid we would get a Virgin Mary tortilla every other week. BAM, there would go our tortilla. Whatever kid got the Virgin Mary tortilla got screwed out of there tortilla.

Pretty soon we learned if you got the Virgin Mary on your tortilla you kept your mouth shut.
0 Replies