IMO, we have the ability to read the minds of others *SMILES

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 11:35 pm
We all know of telekinesis, psychics, and other such powers outside of our physical ability. We've all heard of and some of us believe that this is existent in our reality.

Do you think this is an actuality?, that people capable of these feats exist?

In my opinion I think we are capable of this. For example, we've all heard of miracles where science has failed to proven false right?.

We've all had random thoughts at one point in our lives right? Something just popping up in your mind without any relevance to anything you are doing. Or images of things just randomly appearing in your mind. Well, what if these images and thoughts were not yours, what if they were the thoughts of someone elses which your brain has stumbled upon. Of coure you dont take into consideration that these thoughts might be the thoughts of someone next to you, or someone even far away. You simply just dismiss these thoughts as your own, probably because you dont believe in such abilities and we are not attuned to this ability. Since these thoughts may be from someone around you or in another part of the world, you really cant check. You also wont check because you dont know if they are your thoughts or thoughts belonging to someone else. Though, dont you ever wonder why you start thinking of stuff that isnt even relevant to you? If that even happens to you. But yeah, I think theres a possiblity that these random thoughts are generated by other individuals subconsciously and your brain happened to come across these thoughts. We are not attuned to being able to do such things so it is likely hard to use it will.
Since these thoughts have no name or something linking it to someone, theres no way to know. Maybe next time if you have a strange thought try asking around ^^, maybe you'll sound crazy or maybe you'll find that someone who was thinking exactly what you thought of in your brain.
If we were able to do such things dont you think humanity would be much better off, since people would think twice about what they say and do ? Wouldnt it also be cool to be able to send images to eachother through your mind.

NO MORE TELEPHONE BILLS

I'm not trying to prove anything, this is just a thought

Sounds crazy eh? But its a possibility Very Happy I wish i could test this out Very Happy

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK ON THIS? POSSIBLE? PLEASE 'SHARE' YOUR THOUGHTS no pun intended
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 731 • Replies: 17
No top replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 11:39 pm
Some pretty interesting thoughts there, crayon851. I'm not sure I can agree with the thoughts part, but who knows? Now, I will admit that just a passing action of someone else might spark a thought in you.

I am not sure it would be a good idea if we could read each other's minds though. I'm thinking that's not a good thing. We all have thoughts at times that aren't too attractive, don't we? Can you imagine having to guard your every single thought? Shoot, I have a hard time guarding what I say, much less a fleeting thought I might have.
0 Replies

crayon851

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 11:58 pm
Well gettign around that would be the hard thing, but wouldnt it mean less crime? for example a guy goes into a store to rob the owner, the owner knows the guy is going to rob him so he has his gun ready, and the robber knows the guy will kill him if he tries. End result, he buys a chocolate bar and leaves and thinks about what could have went sour while he munches on some sweets
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 12:02 am
Did you see that movie with Tom Cruise in it about this very thing? They could read people's minds and would jail them before they committed the actual crime. Well, they were wrong in Tom Cruise's character's case.

I, personally, would not want to read the mind of anyone on A2K right now, if ya get my drift. :wink:
0 Replies

crayon851

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 12:05 am
Yes i saw that movie, it was cool, but i didnt like it when that girl came out of the pool soo jumpy. I literally jumped out of my seat. But as of now, you wouldnt know if you were reading someones mind, since there are so many and theres no way you could find out. Havent you ever wondered about the thoughts you have, some of the random ones that just dont belong? For example, sometimes when i let my mind wander i think of the most random things. And can you see a satelite? with your eyes? like a little lgiht moving the sky? I always seem to see one, but no one else ever sees it and it looks just like a star, except moving and its not an airplane
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 12:06 am
OH yeah, I wonder where a lot of my thoughts come from. I guess I never gave it that much thought before.
0 Replies

crayon851

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 12:09 am
The brain runs on waves right? or some sort of signal or w/e and since all brains run ont he same signal i t hink its possible to pick up signals from other individuals. Just like the book 'the chrysalids' which i thought was good and had a good concept. I wanna have super powers.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 12:12 am
Well, super powers is something I don't want. Too much responsibility. Well, except maybe one right now. I wish I had the ability to go back in time.
0 Replies

crayon851

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 12:19 am
Why? do you want to go back in time? And just because you have super powers doesnt mean you have to be responsible hah. It just means that you shouldnt go around taking buildings down with your toes or fingers, or reading peoples minds or blowing up the moon, or flying around airplanes mocking them. All you have to do is enjoy your powers and not think about society. If they had the powers, its likely some people would turn to crime and naturally there would be a creation of suepr heroes and villains.

I would want to fly have super strenght , invicible and have spider senses along with the webs and wolverines claws and his healing ability and night crawlers teleporting ability...and i think thats it, i jsut think it would be really fun to have those. No more walking to school for me, no more using a knife, no more getting scared of falling. Oh and i would want to be able to breath in space and never age unless i put my mind to it.

If i had thoes powers, one thing id do is jump off the tallest building and hope for the best
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 12:43 am
I'd love to go back in time and change a few things. I think we all would.

If I had superpowers I would want them to be of speed. I would love to be able to get through any job, chore, etc. in like two seconds!
0 Replies

crayon851

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 12:46 am
Me too ..What if i told you that we are capable of such things? For example, the mind over matter technique that monks use that allow them to endure below zero temperature in nothing but their tighty whiteys. If instead, they were able to use their mind to believe they were capable of such things, it is likely that they would be able to do it. Just like them making their bodies able to withstand such cold weather, though science has deemed it as impossible
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 10:28 am
I read minds, but only in person.

Drives my kid and my husband batty. ;-) My husband has a saying that goes something like, "I will only be held accountable for what I SAY, not what I THINK!"

(What I'm actually doing is reading microexpressions and making use of contextual information. We all do it, sometimes people are able to hone it to a high degree. Cops are often able to do this after many years of experience.)
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 11:01 am
sozobe,

Do you think that your hearing loss has sharpened this skill for you?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 11:03 am
Sure... that is, I had to try to figure out how to communicate, and that's what evolved before I had a term for it.

Some people evidently can purposely learn it, but it sounds like in general people have a predisposition and then hone it, or don't.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 11:05 am
Great article on microexpressions here:

http://www.gladwell.com/2002/2002_08_05_a_face.htm
0 Replies

crayon851

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 01:53 pm
LOl thats really funny what your husband says "i cannot be held accountable for what i think"

Its like motive without action..can you teach me to read midns I WANNA LEARN ^^ soo bad so like on tests i'll ask my teacher whats the answer to this one. and i'll get the answer right away D:
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 02:29 pm
I can't teach ya, sorry, but according to that article there are ways to learn... go ahead and read it! It's interesting (I think).
0 Replies

crayon851

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 02:33 pm
you know what you should ask your husband? go like try not to think of "insert name naked" and he will think of it , then you can use it against him to benefit from it Very Happy
0 Replies