Ever wonder about the paranormal?

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 05:37 pm
We all know of telekinesis, psychics, and other such powers outside of our physical ability. We've all heard of and some of us believe that this is existent in our reality.

Do you think this is an actuality?, that people capable of these feats exist?

In my opinion I think we are capable of this. For example, we've all heard of miracles where science has failed to proven false right?.

We've all had random thoughts at one point in our lives right? Something just popping up in your mind without any relevance to anything you are doing. Or images of things just randomly appearing in your mind. Well, what if these images and thoughts were not yours, what if they were the thoughts of someone elses which your brain has stumbled upon. Of coure you dont take into consideration that these thoughts might be the thoughts of someone next to you, or someone even far away. You simply just dismiss these thoughts as your own, probably because you dont believe in such abilities and we are not attuned to this ability. Since these thoughts may be from someone around you or in another part of the world, you really cant check. You also wont check because you dont know if they are your thoughts or thoughts belonging to someone else. Though, dont you ever wonder why you start thinking of stuff that isnt even relevant to you? If that even happens to you. But yeah, I think theres a possiblity that these random thoughts are generated by other individuals subconsciously and your brain happened to come across these thoughts. We are not attuned to being able to do such things so it is likely hard to use it will.
Since these thoughts have no name or something linking it to someone, theres no way to know. Maybe next time if you have a strange thought try asking around ^^, maybe you'll sound crazy or maybe you'll find that someone who was thinking exactly what you thought of in your brain.
If we were able to do such things dont you think humanity would be much better off, since people would think twice about what they say and do ? Wouldnt it also be cool to be able to send images to eachother through your mind.

NO MORE TELEPHONE BILLS

I'm not trying to prove anything, this is just a thought

Sounds crazy eh? But its a possibility Very Happy I wish i could test this out Very Happy

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK ON THIS? POSSIBLE? PLEASE 'SHARE' YOUR THOUGHTS no pun intended
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 716 • Replies: 6
No top replies

NickFun

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 07:08 pm
There are many things in this woorld we can't understand. The human mind has a tendency to think "this can't happen, therefore it didn't". Check out my thread on the subject at http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=26144&highlight=
0 Replies

Ethmer

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 04:11 am
Yes i think that some of these powers exist in some people. Just like some people have better senses of smell, etc., not everyone is meant to have psychic abilities.

i don't think that all those random thoughts you speak of are necessarily of psychic origin. i think many of them are simply a result of your brain doing its subconscious actions and sometimes leaking a result to your conscious mind.

"If we were able to do such things dont you think humanity would be much better off, since people would think twice about what they say and do ? Wouldnt it also be cool to be able to send images to eachother through your mind."

No, i don't think humanity would be better off with that ability. i think it would interfere with freedom of thought which is a necessary function of our mind in order for it to come to correct courses of action relative to others.

It would be nice to be able to send images to others via your mind and a concerted effort but it would have to be because of concerted effort rather than just accidental transmission.
0 Replies

RoyalesThaRula

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 11:12 am
Our existence is paranormal man. Of course it's real. We can't explain the paranormal and we can't explain life. There's a reason the two are connected.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 11:36 am
Re: Ever wonder about the paranormal?
crayon851 wrote:
We all know of telekinesis, psychics, and other such powers outside of our physical ability. We've all heard of and some of us believe that this is existent in our reality.

Do you think this is an actuality?, that people capable of these feats exist?

Many times people have told me I am psychic...no wait...they said psychotic.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 11:42 am
I think that there is a lot about the human mind, and its interrelationships with others, about which we have just scratched the surface. I don't think that there is anything that is, "paranormal". I DO think though, that there are mental abilities of which at this time we know little.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 11:56 am
I have some psychic tendencies. Sometimes it has proven to be embarrasing. One time I had been reading a book about a certain cmedy improv group and I swore that I had read about this sketch that I didn't find very funny but it stuck with me. A few days later I was attending a performance by a different comedy improv group and they were performing the same sketch word for word. I knew the performers and accused one of them os stealing the sketch idea. He swore it was an original piece. Everything he told me about the sketches origins sounded like it came from the book. Later someone who read the book appproached me and told me she could not find the sketch in the book. I re-read the book frantically. The sketch was not in there. woops!
0 Replies