South America hlep please!! Thanx

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 02:39 pm
OK, here's the scoop. My family and I are definitely going to South America this summer, June and July, for 2 months. We are a husband and wife, two kids under 10, and a dog. We don't want to be anywhere where the average temperature will be below 55 or 60 degrees, and the only two countries that are definitely out are Brazil and Columbia. Finally, we would like to be in a city that is large or fairly large so that there will be plenty to do. Most importunely, I would like for it to be safe as my wife likes to take the kids out during the day but I can't always be with her. Where would you guys recommend that we go? Thank you SO much for your help. I would really be very appreciative and thankful for any type of help or suggestions. Thank you. [email protected]
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,118 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Pitter

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 07:12 pm
I live in Colombia and think Medellin would fit the bill nicely regarding temperature, safety and things to do. However you said Colombia is out. My wife and I traveled to Ecuador and Peru in the last few years. She is very demanding when it comes to temperature. Seventy eight degrees is borderline cold to her. Well everywhere we went in both countries was by that measure freezing cold. The only city she liked for it's temperature was Guayaquil, Ecuador close to ninety a lot of the time. Ugh!

I haven't been there but have you considered Buenos Aires? A friend just bought an apartment there and he loves the European flavor of the city.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 05:22 pm
Remember it's autumn-winter in South America at that period.

You left Brazil out.
So, by far, the place that fits to your requests is Buenos Aires. Specially as for "plenty to do".
0 Replies