Cavs been gone almost a year. We can remember him

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 09:48 pm
cavfancier said
Quote:
I love my craft, and go into a serious shame spiral when things get slow. Thankfully, there are cool forums like this to interact with others and pass on my superior knowledge, muahaahaa....(don't do evil laugh terribly well, being in a service industry). Sometimes wacky, sometimes serious, just yer average dude in a white jacket...

We can remember his great soul, any cav stories?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,332 • Replies: 46
No top replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 11:35 pm
Being in the same business, hardly a day goes by that I don't remember his wit and wish I could discuss business with him. My partner shares a great deal in common with him (kind, easy-going and devoted to his craft) and it would have been a great pleasure to introduce them. What a terrible shame to have lost one so good, so young. Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 11:41 pm
sigh......
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 12:25 am
I don't want to do it in this state of mind--but I have some really sweet ones, unless someone else brings them.

Tomorrow.

Smile Cav
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 12:27 am
It might sound peculiar, but bearly every evening, when eating a sandwich with raw milk cheese, I'm thinking about him. Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

margo

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 12:51 am
I often think of him.

Saw a Cav dog t'other day (Cavalier King Charles spaniel!) and remembered him again.

Wishing I could tap into his brain again Sad
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 03:05 am
I have seen so many threads with Cav in them lately.

It is hard, but very nice.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 03:15 am
I joined A2K shortly after Cav died, so I never had the chance to converse with him.
From what threads I have read though, I can see why people were, and still are, so upset.

He came across as a really nice guy.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 05:49 am
I got very friendly with Cav on the Spontaneous Poems and other original writing threads. It totally amazed me how quickly he picked up on certain things and was growing almost daily as a poet. I didn't follow the food oriented threads too closely, but was always aware of his warm personality on a2k. I would give anything if he were here with us again.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 05:50 am
Cav was a great guy with a quirky sense of humor, a great wit, and an extensive knowledge of his craft. I spoke to him by phone in the hospital not long before he died and I'm so glad I did. Squinney and I both felt like we'd lost a real friend.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 07:45 am
Oh, the wonderful bantering. I sure miss that great guy!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 08:00 am
There was never a thread that he couldnt add some friendly light and warmth. I wish we could have a collection of his poems .
You never think of people younger than you going away , I think of him often , and, although Id never met him, I felt he was a friend .

Warren Zevon's last song always brings him to mind with a smile and a tear.

Well, gotta go back to being the prick that I am, Cav didnt like no phonies
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 08:11 am
<sigh>
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 08:16 am
I only saw a few of Cav's posts before he died but it was his illness and passing that showed me what a wonderful, caring community A2K is. He touched the souls of so many here (and IRL as well). He is deeply missed but still lives on.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 08:27 am
He's in the wind.

Cav, whatever you're cooking, it smells wonderful!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 08:57 am
Miss him still, and always will.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 08:58 am
I can't believe it's been a year.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 09:10 am
cav was one of the first people i really got to know on the board, not as well as i would have liked to , but we had some good times in the music forum
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 11:37 am
A couple of us are getting together with buttercup (mrs. cav) later this month.

Among so many other things, I thank cav for introducing me to buttercup. She's a kick.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 12:39 pm
Cav has his memorials in hundreds of hearts.

He is missed.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Cavs been gone almost a year. We can remember him
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/02/2024 at 02:43:57