brown slush.

An unexpected warm day
proves the equalizer.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 01:01 pm
ehbeth
ehBeth wrote:
A couple of us are getting together with buttercup (mrs. cav) later this month.
Among so many other things, I thank cav for introducing me to buttercup. She's a kick.

I'm so glad to hear this. Please give her my best wishes and take some pictures, if she allows it, to post.

BBB
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 01:10 pm
that was a neat poem. I never saved any cause I never thought hed be gone.
Ehbeth, hows buttercup doing? Let her know that her guy is still a Tookay leader in spirit and we all think of him.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 01:49 pm
farmerman wrote:
Let her know that her guy is still a Tookay leader in spirit and we all think of him.

Yes, please do so!
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 02:19 pm
Self-portrait of the chef as a kind of food:

Onion: A little crusty on the outside, multi-layered for sure,
sometimes I inadvertently cause tears, melt me down, I get very
sweet indeed...

Couldn't say it any better. Miss ya, Paul.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 04:06 pm
I think of him every time I boil eggs, and occasionally when I look down to see my own Cavalier at my feet, looking up at me. I would never have known about these wonderful dogs if it weren't for Cav/Paul.

Please tell buttercup "hello" from me, too, Beth.
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 04:11 pm
...can't see a Ronald McDonald without "Eat Sh|t" coming to mind...
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 04:18 pm
Yes, a hello and a hug to Buttercup.

One of the main things I remember about Cav was his advice in Relationships & Marriage, as a happily married person.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 02:11 am
While posting pics of the Chicago gathering, I ran across this one of my mother in Russia. I'd like to think that by now she's shared a bench or two with Cav.
http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/4598/momcav2th.jpg
(((((((((Buttercup)))))))))
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 02:19 am
On a happier note, I also ran across this Gem:
http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/3541/bumblebee29lv.jpg
Don't know who's child, but the pic always makes me smile.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 02:30 am
A year later & I still miss cav so much. (I'm getting weepy again, just reading this thread!) What can I say? Such a huge loss ... <sigh> We all know that ....

I'm thinking of you today, cav, & also of you, buttercup. Here's hoping good things are happening in your life again.

Here's a link to one of my favourite cav threads (there were so many!) It's called Let me analyse your A2K personality, free of charge! Very funny, very clever & oh, he's so sharp! It starts here:

Cav: "Now, the rules are, I cannot channel anyone I have already met, and there is no guarantee on my success rate, but hey, you aren't paying, so nothing lost." Laughing .... <cont>

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=24678&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=analyze&start=0
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 06:42 am
Cav will always be my friend. I miss him too.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 07:01 am
Sometimes, when i catch random a2k thoughts going on in my head, I seem to always have had a Cav thought or two.
As everyone else , it is usually over cooking.

It still seems strange ( but very welcome) that someone you can never lay eyes on, can actually impact your life, influence who you are , and give you a sense of comfort with just black typing.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 08:26 am
I had a totally full-on Cav's-hanging-around vibe when I spoke to O'Bill this past weekend.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 08:39 am
I somehow don't think Cav would approve of what's been happening on A2K, even as a liberal Canadian.

He's in the wind, and whatever he's cooking, it smells great.
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 08:42 am
I thought of Paul when I watched an episode of the Next Food Network Star. I remember how excited he was about preparing for his chance in the previous competition before he became ill...
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 09:43 am
He passed away a few weeks before I was going to meet him. How do you ever get over that fact??? Sad
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 10:33 am
I keep his quote in my sig line as a reminder, not only of him, but of how his spirit can carry on through my interactions with others.

I cherish our last phone conversation.

I loved his telling of his families migration to Canada. I couldn't stop reading. Anyone have a link to that?

Bear Family Hugs to Buttercup when you see her.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 10:52 am
My avatar is for Cav, the clown chef

The tear is mine
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 12:50 pm
Synonymph wrote:
I thought of Paul when I watched an episode of the Next Food Network Star. I remember how excited he was about preparing for his chance in the previous competition before he became ill...

Me too, Syn.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/02/2024 at 04:26:08