(abrogation) in the Bible

ali87

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 08:21 pm
xingu wrote:
Quote:
atleast we muslims are not "hypocrites" like "the jesus of the bible", when he only prostrated to god when he was desperate. we muslims glorify god almighty even when we dont need help. so ru telling me that you should only pray to god when youre badly in need of help?

You seem to enjoy calling Jesus a hypocrite. But yet you nothing about him. What was Jesus' daily routine? How many times did he pray during the day? Did he pray when he woke up? Do you know?

Of course you don't. None of us do. The Bible gives us very little information about Jesus. Compile all of the information in the Bible about Jesus and you probably cover less than a month of his lifetime. 99.9% of Jesus' life is unknown.

But despite this ignorance of his daily life, religion and customs, you are willing to pass judgment on him and call him a hypocrite. That doesn't say much for you or your religion.

By the way, I'm not a Christian.

You like to flaunt your religiosity with pride. You act as if you are better than others because you bow down to God five times a day. I suppose if someone came up with a religion that requires their believers to bow down to God ten times a day they would be twice as religious as you and, what, God will turn his back to you?

Some questions for you;

Where do you get this idea that God expects you to bow down and pray to him five times a day?

What will God do to Muslims who don't bow to him five times a day?

What will God do to those who refuse to become Muslims but decide to remain Christians or Deist?

And PLEASE be succinct.

"Where do you get this idea that God expects you to bow down and pray to him five times a day?"

i will provide an article that gets in depth into this
0 Replies

ali87

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 08:52 pm
0 Replies

ali87

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 08:53 pm
the obligatory prayers which are performed five times a day, and are a direct link between the worshipper and God. These five prayers contain verses from the Quran.

The times of the Prayer are determined by the position of the sun. Thus the times vary from one place to another and from season to season. Most Muslims today refer to a Prayer schedule published by their local mosque.

Prayers are said at dawn, noon, mid-afternoon, sunset and nightfall, and thus determine the rhythm of the entire day. Although it is preferable to worship together in a mosque, a Muslim may pray almost anywhere, such as in fields, offices, factories and universities. Visitors to the Muslim world are struck by the centrality of prayers in daily life.

The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said: "Islam is built upon five pillars: testifying that there is no true god except Allah and that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah, performing Prayer, paying the Zakah(paying the poor and needy), making the pilgrimage to the Sacred House (Hajj), and fasting the month of Ramadan." (Reported by Al-Bukhari)

Concerning the prayer, you are only required to perform five daily prayers. the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said: "Allah Almighty has enjoined that five prayers have to be performed daily. He who performs them regularly, will be blessed by entering Paradise. However, he who pays no attention to performing them, there will be no covenant for him in the Hereafter, and it is for Allah Almighty to punish him or to bless him by entering Paradise." (Reported by Malik, Abu-Dawud)
0 Replies

ali87

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 08:55 pm
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v619/Immortaltech/muslim_girl_1.jpg
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 10:07 pm
xingu wrote:

And PLEASE be succinct.

You were kidding, right?

Very nice picture, ali. Is that your daughter?

edit: I was referring to the picture of the girl, not the label someone is making her wear.
0 Replies

ali87

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 02:14 am
J_B wrote:
xingu wrote:

And PLEASE be succinct.

You were kidding, right?

Very nice picture, ali. Is that your daughter?

edit: I was referring to the picture of the girl, not the label someone is making her wear.

i wonder how ur gonna justify 3 year old girls forced into sex in the bible!
atleast they just made her wear a label, loll.

Children
Sometimes one has to read a passage twice to believe what has been written in the Sacred Books of Judaism: what has been decreed the way to a holy life by the "sages of blessed memory... whose words are the natural sounds of Judaism":

Said Rabbi Joseph, "Come and take note: A girl three years and one day old is betrothed by intercourse. And if a Levir has had intercourse with her, he has acquired her. And one can be liable on her account because of the law prohibiting intercourse with a married woman. And she imparts uncleanness to him who has intercourse with her when she is menstruating, to convey uncleanness to the lower as to the upper layer [of what lies beneath]. If she was married to a priest, she may eat food in the status of priestly rations. If one of those who are unfit for marriage with her had intercourse with her, he has rendered her unfit to marry into the priesthood. If any of those who are forbidden in the Torah to have intercourse with her had intercourse with her, he is put to death on her account, but she is free of responsibility [M.Nid. 5:4].
Sanhedrin 7/55B
R. Nahman bar Isaac said. "They made the decree that a gentile child should be deemed unclean with the flux uncleanness [described at Lev.15], so that an Israelite child should not hang around with him and commit pederasty [as he does]."
For said R. Zira, "I had much anguish with R. Assi, and R. Assi with R. Yohanan, and R. Yohanan with R. Yannai, and R. Yannai with R. Nathan b. Amram, and R. Nathan b. Amram with Rabbi [on this matter]: 'From what age is a gentile child deemed unclean with the flux uncleanness [described at Lev.15]'? And he said to me, 'On the day on which he is born.' But when I came to R. Hiyya, he said to me, 'From the age of nine years and one day.' And when I came and laid the matter before Rabbi, he said to me, 'Discard my reply and adopt that of R. Hiyya, who declared, "From what age is a gentile child deemed unclean with the flux uncleanness [described at Lev.15]? From the age of nine years and one day."'
[37A] Since he is then suitable for having sexual relations, he also is deemed unclean with the flux uncleanness [of Lev.15]."
Said Rabina, "Therefore a gentile girl who is three years and one day old, since she is then suitable to have sexual relations, also imparts uncleanness of the flux variety."
That is self-evident!
Abodah Zarah 36B-37A

The basis for these rulings is the following Mishnaic passage of Tractate Niddah (filth):

A girl three years and one day old is betrothed by intercourse. "A girl three years old may be betrothed through an act of sexual intercourse," the words of R. Meir. And sages say, "Three years and one day old."
And if a Levir has had intercourse with her, he has acquired her. And they are liable on her account because of the law prohibiting intercourse with a married woman. And she imparts uncleanness to him who has intercourse with her when she is menstruating to convey uncleanness to the lower as to the upper layer. If she was married to a priest, she eats heave offering. If one of those who are unfit for marriage has intercourse with her, he has rendered her unfit to marry into the priesthood. If one of all those who are forbidden in the Torah to have intercourse with her did so, they are put to death on her account. But she is free of responsibility.
If she is younger than that age, intercourse with her is like putting a finger in the eye.
(Mishnah Niddah 5:4)

Thus, one "of the many important issues worked out in the Mishnah concerns proper conduct with women," and the "entire society of Judaism - that is, the community formed by the Torah - found in the Talmud those modes of thought and inquiry, those media of order and value, that guided the formation of public affairs and private life as well."
While it is reassuring to see there was at least some limit as to what the sages would declare holy and moral, this ruling had severe implications on the interpretation of other topics as well. The Tannaïtic Midrash Sifre to Numbers in §157 comments on the above quoted commandment of Moses to kill the Midianite women as well as the male children:

"Now therefore, kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that has known a man by sleeping with him.(Num 31:17).
[This] refers to her who has slept with a man as well as her who is suitable for intercourse, even when she has not slept with a man...
But all the young girls who have not known a man by sleeping with him, keep alive for yourselves. From here R. Shimon b. Yohai used to say: a Proselyte girl who became a proselyte in the age of less than three years and one day, is rendered fit to marry into the priesthood."

According to the Tannaïte Rabbis, Moses therefore had ordered the Israelites to kill all women older than three years and a day, because they were "suitable for having sexual relations."

Bibliography:
[131] Ibid., vol.XXI.A-D, Tractate Bava Mesia, Atlanta: Scholars Press 1990, p.ix-x.
[132] Ibid., vol.XXIII.B, Tractate Sanhedrin 1984, 150. See also vol.XIX.A, Tractate Qiddushin 10a-b, 1992, 33. "Menstruating" here of course refers to the ritual "flux uncleanness" described in Lev.15.
[133] Ibid., vol.XXV.A, Tractate Abodah Zarah, 1991, 168. Emphasis original.
[134] J. Neusner, The Talmud of Babylonia. A complete outline, Part IV. The Division of Holy Things. B. Number 37. 1995, 704.
[135] Neusner 1993, 41.
[136] Neusner 1995, 7.
[137] Kuhn 1959, §157, 652f. My translation. In general, proselytes are not allowed to marry into the priesthood.
[138] Ibid., §157, footnote 86, 653.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 07:29 am
You want ME(?) to justify something in the bible, Ali? Bible justification is not something I have any interest in doing. But it pisses me off when supposed adults IN THIS DAY AND AGE use children to market their political agendas, regardless of the message. Do you suppose that cute girl marched up to her parents and begged to be a political pawn? I somehow doubt it.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 07:37 am
Re: (abrogation) in the Bible
ali87 wrote:
Who knows...

(I removed their brackets and commentaries for easy read)

Say what you want to and stop babbling incessantly kid.

(and for the record, removing the brackets and commentaries did not allow for an easy read...it just confirmed that you have too much time on your hands. )
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 06:47 pm
Quote:

Since I'm not a Christian I don't have to justify anything in the Bible. I don't hold the Bible to be the word of God any more than I do the Koran. Like the Bible the Koran is full of hate, venom and contradictions.

How do you Muslims justify rape of fellow Muslims. You bow down to worship your God five times a day and, beaming with pride, brag how your more pious than all other religions. Then when Muslim troops invade Muslim Kuwait they rape their women. Your bowing down five times a day doesn't mean squat to me because you still behave like the infidels you condemn.

Quote:
"In Algeria, the women of entire villages have been raped and killed. The government estimates that about 1,600 girls and young women have been kidnapped to become sexual slaves by roving bands from armed Islamic groups."

It has been estimated that Iraqi soldiers raped at least 5,000 Kuwaiti women during Iraq's invasion of Kuwait.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/war_rape.htm
0 Replies

ali87

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 09:57 am
xingu wrote:
Quote:

Since I'm not a Christian I don't have to justify anything in the Bible. I don't hold the Bible to be the word of God any more than I do the Koran. Like the Bible the Koran is full of hate, venom and contradictions.

How do you Muslims justify rape of fellow Muslims. You bow down to worship your God five times a day and, beaming with pride, brag how your more pious than all other religions. Then when Muslim troops invade Muslim Kuwait they rape their women. Your bowing down five times a day doesn't mean squat to me because you still behave like the infidels you condemn.

Quote:
"In Algeria, the women of entire villages have been raped and killed. The government estimates that about 1,600 girls and young women have been kidnapped to become sexual slaves by roving bands from armed Islamic groups."

It has been estimated that Iraqi soldiers raped at least 5,000 Kuwaiti women during Iraq's invasion of Kuwait.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/war_rape.htm

those are people, not their religion, if ur gonna feed me that crap, then im gonna feed it right back at you, well actually if you read my other posts then ull that its the bible that promotes rape, u will not find a single verse in the Quran that promotes rape, but u will in the bible, just go read it, or read my other posts. and how do u justify christians raping chraistians and raping muslims and jews?

crusaders, world war one and 2, raping the red indians, raping blacks.

do you know how latinos were created?

the white christian man raped native indians and blacks creating latinos.

and the white christian man is now raping iraq....

how do you justify all that?

christianity is and was blood without redeption.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 09:59 am
ignorance is bliss, they say.
0 Replies

ali87

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 10:11 am
do you know how latinos were created?

the white christian man raped native indians and blacks creating latinos.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 10:15 am
ali you are a silly goose.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 11:10 am
dyslexia wrote:
ali you are a silly goose.

You are very kind!

Anon
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 05:08 pm
I find it funny that this ali, who is so full of hate and venom, is condemning Christianity because it is so full of hate and venom.

You condemn Christianity because of the war Christians have fought.

Hypocrite! What of the wars Muslims have fought. After Muhammad's death the Muslim religion was spread by fire and sword. It was spread by the slaughter of thousands of people.

Muhammad died in 632. By 710 Muslim armies had invaded and conquered North Africa and were in the process of invading Spain. By 711 Muslims had conquered Egypt, North Africa, the Persian Empire and parts of Spain. They started their conquest of Sindh in Afghanistan. By 717 they had tried but failed to conquer the Byzantine capital. At 732, 100 years after Muhammad's death, the Europeans stopped the Muslim European conquest at the Battle of Poitiers.

In the Koran there are constant passages of hate against Jews and Christians. The Koran full of hate against anyone who is not Muslim.

Christians will burn in Hell
[5.72] Certainly they disbelieve who say: Surely Allah, He is the Messiah, son of Marium; and the Messiah said: O Children of Israel! serve Allah, my Lord and your Lord. Surely whoever associates (others) with Allah, then Allah has forbidden to him the garden, and his abode is the fire; and there shall be no helpers for the unjust.

There are constant passages in the Koran of all nonbelievers burning in Hell.
[3.85] And whoever desires a religion other than Islam, it shall not be accepted from him, and in the hereafter he shall be one of the losers.

[4.56] (As for) those who disbelieve in Our communications, We shall make them enter fire; so oft as their skins are thoroughly burned, We will change them for other skins, that they may taste the chastisement; surely Allah is Mighty, Wise.

Allah hate disbelievers.
[35.26] Then did I punish those who disbelieved, so how was the manifestation of My disapproval?

[40.10] Surely those who disbelieve shall be cried out to: Certainly Allah's hatred (of you) when you were called upon to the faith and you rejected, is much greater than your hatred of yourselves.

Allah forbids friendship with unbelievers.
[3.118] O you who believe! do not take for intimate friends from among others than your own people; they do not fall short of inflicting loss upon you; they love what distresses you; vehement hatred has already appeared from out of their mouths, and what their breasts conceal is greater still; indeed, We have made the communications clear to you, if you will understand.

[4.89] They desire that you should disbelieve as they have disbelieved, so that you might be (all) alike; therefore take not from among them friends until they fly (their homes) in Allah's way; but if they turn back, then seize them and kill them wherever you find them, and take not from among them a friend or a helper.

Intermarriage is forbidden. Another sign of Muslim intolerance and contempt for freedom.
[2.221] And do not marry the idolatresses until they believe, and certainly a believing maid is better than an idolatress woman, even though she should please you; and do not give (believing women) in marriage to idolaters until they believe, and certainly a believing servant is better than an idolater, even though he should please you; these invite to the fire, and Allah invites to the garden and to forgiveness by His will, and makes clear His communications to men, that they may be mindful.

Does not the Koran say Muslims are forbidden to kill Muslims?
[4.92] And it does not behoove a believer to kill a believer except by mistake, and whoever kills a believer by mistake, he should free a believing slave, and blood-money should be paid to his people unless they remit it as alms; but if he be from a tribe hostile to you and he is a believer, the freeing of a believing slave (suffices), and if he is from a tribe between whom and you there is a convenant, the blood-money should be paid to his people along with the freeing of a believing slave; but he who cannot find (a slave) should fast for two months successively: a penance from Allah, and Allah is Knowing, Wise.

Hypocrite; Muslims still kill Muslims today.

Hypocrite; don't tell us of Christianity's faults when you have so much in your own religion.
0 Replies