EDIT (Moderator): Link Removed
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 844 • Replies: 17
No top replies

rhymer

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 03:39 pm
Yes indeed, we do exist (at least I think so).

However, I have come to a different conclusion from yours regarding 'creation'.

I believe that what exists (in its most fundamental form) has always existed. Things made up from fundamental forms have existed since they became existant or evolved.

There was no start, there will be no end.
But things definitely change, perhaps from mass to energy and back again, totally or partially (Big Bangs, perhaps many of them).

You see, nothing can happen without cause(s).
Therefore there can have been no first cause.

OK., matter and energy may be transported to different points in space and appear to be 'created', but it only seems so because the transportaion is invisible to us.

This does not kill off your 'God' by the way.
If God(s) do exist, they are products of development of the system which has been running permanently as I said before.
0 Replies

Seeker

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 12:09 pm
What shows me there is a creator is the fact that some atoms just make wood and metal and stardust, and then others do everyything they can for a certain number of years to work together and keep something alive, giving it thoughts and a conscience and feelings.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 05:54 pm
Quote:
What is life? Man's existence in this world and the creation of this entire universe are not mere accidents or products of a fortuitous nature

You know this? No, it's just your opinion. It would more honest if you said so.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 05:57 pm
Perhaps "The Happiness of Guessing" would be a far better title for this thread than "The Light of Truth"
0 Replies

ali87

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 10:17 pm
Mohammad literally means "light of truth" noone was named Mohammad before him, even jesus himself mentioned Mohammad's name in the bible.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 10:51 pm
Mohammed was an illiterate rutting pig who raped little girls . . . apart from that, i'm sure he was a real nice guy . . .
0 Replies

real life

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 11:36 pm
rhymer wrote:

I believe that what exists (in its most fundamental form) has always existed. Things made up from fundamental forms have existed since they became existant or evolved.

But things definitely change, perhaps from mass to energy and back again, totally or partially (Big Bangs, perhaps many of them).

OK., matter and energy may be transported to different points in space and appear to be 'created', but it only seems so because the transportaion is invisible to us.

If God(s) do exist, they are products of development of the system which has been running permanently as I said before.

Entropy poses quite a big problem for your view.
0 Replies

ali87

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 11:39 pm
Setanta wrote:
Mohammed was an illiterate rutting pig who raped little girls . . . apart from that, i'm sure he was a real nice guy . . .

PROVE YOUR CLAIM, OR RU GONNA MAKE A FLYING STATEMENT AGAIN?
0 Replies

ali87

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 11:41 pm
Setanta wrote:

i admit he was illiterate, but i dont agree with the rest. prove that he was indeed a rutting pig, cuz he forbade eating pig flesh? and prove that he raped little girls.
0 Replies

Raul-7

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 12:19 am
Even Jesus did not drink alcohol nor did he eat pork; yet most Christians do.
0 Replies

rhymer

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 10:15 am
real life wrote:
rhymer wrote:

Entropy poses quite a big problem for your view.

ENTROPY definition - "a thermodynamic quantity representing the amount of energy in a system that is no longer available for doing mechanical work"

I do not presume that the matter and energy of which we are aware is limited to the Universal entities of which we are currently aware.
Maybe energy can be transferred between 'our' system and limitless other systems of which we are totally ignorant because they are so far away.

These are just my ideas by the way: please don't just accept them or reject them because you don't want to think about them, see if they hold any worthwhile consideration, develop them, criticise them logically as 'real life' has done, for the benefit of all.
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 01:17 pm
It seems to me that these claims by Muslims to "the moral highground" are completely negated by their failure to to treat their own "followers" with visible decency. Women are mistreated, refugeee aid is embezzled, oil revenue is squandered, and voting is rigged. Instead of preaching their platitudes to others, let them put their own house in order !
0 Replies

Raul-7

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 04:13 am
It is odd you claim that refugee aid is embezzled even though Zakat (charity) is the third of the pillars of Islam; yet it isn't in Christianity.

Don't even start with women, becuase no one abuses more than you Christians will all of their fornication and cheating that is commonplace for you. No wonder AIDS and STDs are spreading in Christian communities; for God has warned us - the more wrong doing the more diseases will flourish and spread.

Votting is rigged? Look at your president; what a disgrace and yet he was re-elected?! :S
0 Replies

Ethmer

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 09:33 am
There is another view of God and us. The way we are and why. More information is at my web site below and is self-explanatory.
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 10:55 am
Raul-7

Since I am neither a Christian nor an American your comments are somewhat misdirected. Irrespective of whether your counter claims are correct, it is elementary logic that it does not excuse Islamicists from the claims against them !
The fact that you engage in such a purile argument merely serves to underline the worthlessness of your case.
0 Replies

Im the other one

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 03:40 pm
ali87 wrote:
Setanta wrote:

PROVE YOUR CLAIM, OR RU GONNA MAKE A FLYING STATEMENT AGAIN?

Funny how the words "pig" and "fly" end up in this same post.
0 Replies

Im the other one

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 03:40 pm
0 Replies