The Arab Institute for Holocaust Research and Education

littlek

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 12:45 am
I just saw a heart warming story about an arab lawyer, Khaled Mahmid, in Nazereth, Isreal. He founded, set up, and runs a holocaust memorial museum. It's the only arab-owned-run holocaust educational center. The article says he is passionately trying to educate his people about who the Jews are, what has happened to them and why they came to found Isreal.

One man, one step, makes a big big difference in the world. At least I hope he does.

BBC article
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 763 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 12:51 am
littlek,

That is awesome! I can only imagine the problems it has caused for this dear man. It's just a shame that it has taken the world so long to understand what actually happened. I worked in a nursing home once and there was a holocaust survivor there. She was really something. One of the strongest people I'd ever met. She had horror stories. Maybe that's why it's taken so long for things like this to come to light. I'm not so sure it's something that is ever going to be faced completely. It was and probably always will be the foremost horrific event in history IMO.

Thank you for providing this story.
0 Replies