What are your opinions on the meaning of this quote?

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 03:31 pm
"I would rather look up to someone than look down upon them because when I look down at someone I am at my peak and when I look up to them I always have room to grow."

Me. I think.

Excuse my poor grammar and poor use of words. I am still trying to better my english and increase my vocabulary.

What do you guys think of this quote? I think I made this quote up , though I am not too sure. Can someone help me out? and can someone help me with increasing my vocab?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 668 • Replies: 4
No top replies

akaMechsmith

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 06:50 pm
I don't think that you made it up out of "whole cloth" so as to speak. I have heard similar sentiments voiced before but darned of I remember where.

IMO it's a reflection on the desireability of having goals. Also when one has achieved all goals what is left? If you, in your opinion have reached the pinnacle of your achievements, the only way to go is down.

You might like to try the "Quotes forum" of A2K. It's kind of fun. Smile
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 12:01 pm
you're not neccecarily at your peak. Your're just gazing down. It is always much more comfortable to look to where you've been than where you're going, because that has yet to be done...
0 Replies

crayon851

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 01:02 pm
well i always thought that this meant that you are at your peak with no more room to grow. If you had not been at your peak then you would still be looking up rather than looking down. It is always better to look up than to look down because this way you never limit your growth. Once you start looking down on people then thats like saying "I am at my limit"
0 Replies

RoyalesThaRula

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 03:23 pm
If you look down on somebody you think you're better than them. That's a false notion and it has the same effect on someone as if they were to think they were at their peak.
0 Replies