Cat Keeping me awake.

Intrepid

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 09:55 pm
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/Intrepid2/HandsupKitty.jpg

This might work.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 10:50 pm
Sorry, Intrepid. We're talking about Nermal, here. He may not be quite normal, but my little clown is fearless. If I threatened him with a gun, he'd make me either eat it, or use it.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 11:09 pm
My cat crawls unto my belly anytime I roll onto my back. The thing is I tend to sleep on my back when my bladder's full. Little bugger.....
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 11:54 pm
Ah! Nermal always nails me right in the femorial nerve.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 02:40 am
and I wouldn't trust bvt's cat transport service, either - you're better off not asking and not knowing!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 08:21 am
Now that you mention it, margo. . . .
0 Replies

Aldistar

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 08:33 pm
I have a cat that does this too. I just call it kneading. Over the years I have had many cats and found that all the ones that kept doing this past kittenhood were cats that were abandoned by their mothers or shelter cats. All the kittens I have had do it but always grew out of it except the ones that didn't spend enough time nursing. I think it may be some kind of emotional thing. Despite the deep rooted reasons, the fact that your cat does it to you does mean he loves you and sees you as his surrogate mother. The cat I have now that still kneads on me was a shelter cat and he is inseparable from me when I am home. I have found that the only thing that works is just to let him knead and purr himself to sleep.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 08:37 pm
littlek wrote:
My cat crawls unto my belly anytime I roll onto my back

I believe I would exhibit the same behavior.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 08:58 pm
My cat kneads on me and she is an old girl. I had never heard of all these cute names for it, like 'making muffins' before. It makes sense that it would be because of abandonment/too early weaning. My girl came from the shelter and had other 'habits' when I first got her. She dropped a lot of the negative behavior/scaredy cat stuff once she got used to her home, but she still kneads me every time we cuddle.

I just make sure my blanket is inbetween her claws and my skin, and the kneading actually feels like a lil massage.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 09:02 pm
Total agreement with Aldistar on this one. Even though some of my cats who weren't weaned too early did that occasionally in moments of high bliss, they did it far less.
0 Replies