THE ELLPUS GUIDE TO FREEZING A DOG.

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 09:08 am
maybe you can put her on a skateboard and wheel around? just a thought.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 11:43 am
LordE, that video was priceless. To me, the joy expressed by dogs is joy in its purest form; a joy that makes everything close by feel uplifted.

My parents had a samoyed while living in the mountains outside Tucson. Even in the mountains it was hot during the summer, but in the winter there was quite a lot of snow. The first time she (Snow Angel) experienced the snow, she acted as if she had died and gone to heaven, pushing it around with her nose, bouncing and flinging it up in the air and finally, circling around to make a little nest settling in and taking a nap there in the snow with just her smile and her black eyes showing.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 01:01 pm
My friend's just acquired a Samoyed pup. It will be another two weeks before he can bring him out for a walk, and at the moment he looks like a giant snowball.

I said he should call him fluffy, but he thought this was a bit iffeminate.

He's settled for the highly original name of Sam.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 06:40 pm
That video is great Lordie - when you're moving like that, it doesn't matter hoe cold it is outside.....
0 Replies

margo

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 08:43 pm
Looks bloody nippy there, Ellpus!

See - that's where cats and dogs differ - any self respecting cat would look outside, say ****! out loud, and go back to the warmest spot inside.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 08:55 pm
margo wrote:
Looks bloody nippy there, Ellpus!

See - that's where cats and dogs differ - any self respecting cat would look outside, say ****! out loud, and go back to the warmest spot inside.

Ours (cat) lays down on the sheepskin in front of the fireplace and waits for us to light the fire. She's no dummy!

Anon
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 08:55 pm
Green Witch wrote:
it amazes me that I can get up in the morning and after reading the world headlines I can watch a video of a dog in England running happily in the snow taken by a person I have grown fond of, but have never met. How can there be war in a world like this? We should all just be sending each other videos of our pets and family. Sorry, don't mean to get off topic...

Great point!
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 10:55 am
Anon-Voter wrote:

Ours (cat) lays down on the sheepskin in front of the fireplace and waits for us to light the fire. She's no dummy!

Our Krispin, however, a dummy is. He figured out that warmth comes from fire place. But he will be sprawled there even when the fireplace is empty and ice cold.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 07:45 am
I have found out that the nickname that I have for my dog (guinea), is not a particularly nice word in the USA.
It certainly doesn't have any bad meaning linked to it in the UK, but simply a term for an old monetary value of twenty one shillings...a guinea.

I do apologise for any offence I may have caused. Totally unintentional, I assure you. I was never aware of it before, but will steer clear of it in future.

Anyway, this is a photo, taken after a recent snow flurry. The cast includes Ben the English Setter, Dex the Retriever, and GUINNESS the nutter.

Guess who has treats hidden in his pocket?

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b358/lordellpus/mp.jpg
0 Replies