Grit? You Want Grit? You Got Grit!

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 08:57 pm

Have you ever had one of those bad hair days that lasted for months?http://www.smileys.ws/smls/yahoo/00000017.gif Have you ever made snap decisions that were final and then went oops Embarrassed but were too embarrassed to turn that decision around because you knew you were going to be laughed at if you did? Have you ever felt like your world has just fallen apart and then after some reflection, sleep, and common sense you have realized it hasn't?

My guess would be yes, these have happened to all of us. Well, that's what's happened to me. Seems the only thing I really needed was to actually have a conversation with someone about what was really going on. And I thank God for that person that was willing to listen to me. I have never given up on anything in my life. I almost did. But her statement, "Until now?" hit me like a ton of bricks! And her honesty brought me back to reality.http://web4.ehost-services.com/el2ton1/heart.gif

Do I need the people on A2k? Yes! Yes! Yes! Big f'ing deal! Whether I do or not, for whatever reason I do or not, is none of anyone's business unless I choose to share that with you. Diane says (indirectly) I have no grit. Well, maybe it's high time I really got some.http://web4.ehost-services.com/el2ton1/boxing.gif

So, this is the way I see it. I don't want to quit on A2K. I enjoy the conversations. I enjoy the interaction with people that I am not able to actually experience in real life right now. I don't have to like any of you and you don't have to like me. Sure, I wish everyone did like everyone but they don't, never will. So, I will not quit. I will post in whatever forum I want to. I will say what I want to say and I will talk to who I want to talk to. If you don't want to converse with me, then don't. That's the way that goes! And I will use Smiley's whenever I feel like it for whatever reason I feel like it. So, I suggest y'all put on your big girl and/or big boy panties and deal with it! It's what I'm going to do!http://web4.ehost-services.com/el2ton1/cheers.gif

I want to talk to other people. I want to debate the issues that I find interesting. If I don't do it according to your standards well, then don't get into a discussion with me and then we both won't get frustrated or irritated. If you feel I have nothing to offer then just ignore me. So, you are not going to hear me ask you to be civil or respectful again. I don't want special treatment from anyone for any reason. None of us knows how long we have on this earth and I will be go to heck (can't change some things Laughing ) before I let anyone stop me from doing what I enjoy doing for whatever time I have.

And Diane, I'm going to take you up on your offer, lady. And, I do consider you a lady. If I need ya to tell them to f'off, I'll let ya know!http://web4.ehost-services.com/el2ton1/biggrinsmiley.gif

So, I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 7,146 • Replies: 202
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 09:00 pm
Hiya. ;-)
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 09:01 pm
atta girl!!!! you show them Very Happy
good to see you back...missed ya Laughing
0 Replies

CrazyDiamond

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 09:02 pm
Head for the hills!! Inform commander Setanta that we are being pursued! Retreat! Retreat!

Just kidding, it's still war Wink

And, yet, I found myself clicking the first option on that poll.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 09:02 pm
MommaA said f

I have cloistered myself from certain areas for the past week or two....

apparantly I have missed a lot.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 09:04 pm
Welcome back, baby!!
0 Replies

CrazyDiamond

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 09:05 pm
Chai Tea wrote:
apparantly I have missed a lot.

Yeah, Lord Ellpus came out of the closet a coupla days ago. You missed that one.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 09:05 pm
Ahahahahaha, I knew you couldn't stay away.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 09:09 pm
So waddaya want, a brass band? Glad to see ya back, girl! Very Happy
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 09:09 pm
Well, it was either come back or get treatment for the withdrawal symptoms. :wink:

Phoenix, no brass band. Angels are partial to harps if ya' know what I mean. :wink:
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 09:11 pm
Is there treatment?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 09:13 pm
Please stop stickin those smiley faces all over your posts. They remind me of patty Dreibelbess back in grade school who used to put those gummy stars and stickers all over her papers and send them around as notes.
Other than that , juss take on somebody and give em a big sock on the labonza
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 09:18 pm
Is it too early to start with the meta stuff about how AM I supposed to respond if I disagree, and am I hereby barred from responding to Momma Angel unless I agree with her...?

Yes...?

I'll wait.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 09:20 pm
sozobe,

You got meta stuff? Bring it on!
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 09:22 pm
farmerman,

I will make a deal with you ~ you stop posting words I have to look up all the time and I won't use my smileys. We got a deal or what? :wink:
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 09:26 pm
Well, actually, nimh's long post on your farewell says it all pretty well.

I'm looking forward to some honest, drama-free disagreements. :-)
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 09:31 pm
Drama is no longer part of my vocabulary. :wink:
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 09:32 pm
Oh for goodness' sake, I'd just written you a big long email telling you all about why you have to ignore "certain people" on A2K and why you shouldn't leave, and then I see this. Criminy. Ah, well, glad you're here anyway. Very Happy
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 09:36 pm
Cyphercat,

Guess ya forgot cats have ESP? :wink:
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 09:39 pm
Hee hee hee! That's another thing, I can't be the only one here defending cats from accusations of satanism.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Grit? You Want Grit? You Got Grit!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 03:10:55