Grit? You Want Grit? You Got Grit!

Stray Cat

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 06:07 pm
Idea Idea Idea

Hmmm......I think I'm going to start a club for us outsiders....

This could be the first message board with it's own underground movement....
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 06:09 pm
Everyone thinks they're an outsider... ;-)

I say that blithely, but truly, I started a thread on this on Abuzz (when I was feeling put out about insiderhood there) and found that even the people who I thought of as the ultimate insiders didn't think of themselves that way.

I think Phoenix nailed this one.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 06:15 pm
That could make it even more fun.....it'd be interesting to see who would show up!! Razz
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 10:01 am
There's been at least one. We had a fun run at the 'un-cool club' last year. It was sort of the same theme. There was a thread asking for nominations of the cool people at A2K. A number of folks were named as being in the 'in' crowd and a spinoff thread ensued. I don't know if there have been others along the same line, but this has come up before.

As a charter member of the uncool club and an outsider of any of the cliques, I agree with Phoenix. Stick around and everyone finds their own niche.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 01:23 pm
High school all over again. No thanks.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 04:55 pm
I agree with you, JL. Don't get me wrong. There are many people here whom I genuinely like and enjoy. But this board does have a high school atmosphere sometimes.

Now I've probably offended some people out there by saying that. Ah, well.

We have to realize were not always going to "get" each other or agree with each other all the time.

I might still start that Outsiders thread though, just for a goof.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 04:57 pm
I posted quite some years ago that I pretty much dislike everyone on a2k but managed to tolerate 2 or 3. Nothing has changed.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 04:59 pm
Of course, that catapulted him to the Presidency.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 05:03 pm
Quote:
I posted quite some years ago that I pretty much dislike everyone on a2k but managed to tolerate 2 or 3. Nothing has changed.

LOL!! Love it, love it, love it!
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 05:22 pm
I may add Lash to the tolerated list.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 09:02 pm
And moi? Confused Have I made the cut?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 09:07 pm
dlowan wrote:
Intrepid wrote:
Nah. I don't know any damsels in distress. If you mean at A2k, it seems that any damsel here would be more than able to defend themselves.

Not sure who were responding to on the 2nd parts, Soz. If it was me, I have no problem with Kicky. If it was my comment about go tell it to your president, then that was a smart ass remark I made to dlowan. Probably not all that funny afterall.

Then it is little surprise that I failed even to realise it wa sdirected at me, since I do not HAVE a president, but a prime minister.

A bad one, as it happens, but still a prime minister.

Laughing I was referring to your comment re: Kicky being the A2k President. I guess it kinda got lost in the fluff Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 09:21 pm
Re: Grit? You Want Grit? You Got Grit!
Momma Angel wrote:
I don't have to like any of you and you don't have to like me.[/size][/b]
On something as cyber-vague as an internet forum, the terms like and dislike loose substance, too Turing Test-ish Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 09:22 pm
Sorry Chumly, you lost me on that one.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 09:24 pm
We could be the best of pals face to face, internet forums do not tell the human story, it's all unanswered.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 09:26 pm
And the people you think are the cat's ass, you may well not be able to stand in person.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 09:27 pm
Chumly,

How right you are. That's a very good thing to keep in mind, isn't it?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 10:04 pm
Izzat right? Everyone I've met from a2k has been quite similar to their online personas. I've liked them in person, and usually a great deal more than online.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 10:17 pm
Me too, Roger.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 10:43 pm
Intrepid wrote:
dlowan wrote:
Intrepid wrote:
Nah. I don't know any damsels in distress. If you mean at A2k, it seems that any damsel here would be more than able to defend themselves.

Not sure who were responding to on the 2nd parts, Soz. If it was me, I have no problem with Kicky. If it was my comment about go tell it to your president, then that was a smart ass remark I made to dlowan. Probably not all that funny afterall.

Then it is little surprise that I failed even to realise it wa sdirected at me, since I do not HAVE a president, but a prime minister.

A bad one, as it happens, but still a prime minister.

Laughing I was referring to your comment re: Kicky being the A2k President. I guess it kinda got lost in the fluff Crying or Very sad

Aha! Now it makes sense.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 09:20:14