The Alphabet game

lezzles

Reply Fri 8 Sep, 2006 06:32 pm
Just imagine how interesting it would be if the government undertook huge pipe laying and dam building exercises so that floodwaters could be harnassed and used for water storage and drought relief. Instead of lining their own pockets they could actually bring some stability to the country's real needs.
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Sat 9 Sep, 2006 08:01 am
Keep telling the pollies that and see what their reaction will be. All jokes aside, I have often wondered if the enormous rains in the northern part of Australia can't be harnassed and made to flow south instead of running out to sea? I know it is a fair distance, but big pipelines and pumping stations should be able to do the trick. Afterall they do it with oil which is conveyed in this manner over thousands of kilometres.
0 Replies

bsingh5

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2006 05:10 pm
Leverage with your local politician might help you in understanding this matter.
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2006 05:20 pm
Most if not all are incompetent and I wouldn't waste my time talking to them.
0 Replies

bsingh5

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2006 05:24 pm
Never hurt to try though; and you musn't give up once you do they believe that no one will ever speak out against them. You must be living far longer than I have and therefore might have had to question them on more than one occasion, not seeing any changes you gave up hope of ever having them change. But is that not more childish than standing for what you think is right? Sorry if that is too ......harsh.
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2006 08:09 pm
Open debate is healthy bsingh5 and I respect your views, harsh or not you're welcome. I'm very disillusioned with the type of politicians we have, and so is everybody else here for that matter, they all look after their own pockets, in this country at least. Health, Education, Housing for the less fortunates and workers protection has been totally neglected. Very important matters if a country is to progress in a democratic way.
0 Replies

bsingh5

Reply Thu 14 Sep, 2006 10:10 am
Too true. What was that one saying? "Power corrupts....absolute power corrupts absolutely" or something to that sort was it not? You would think that I would understand about politicians but I guess because I'm still niave I believe that there is a little good in everyone (I am not using my ignorance as an excuse but as a reason). However that does not stop them from doing harm. I just wish that politicians would remember their promises once they get into office (that is if they were evern true about them in the first place). Even if change is going to take a while, if you start others are sure to follow. Is that much not right?
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Thu 14 Sep, 2006 02:23 pm
Quite right bsing5, you summed it up pretty well, for one so young you have a pretty good grasp of things. Let's get off politics and onto happier things, what have you planned for the coming weekend, doing anything exiting?
0 Replies

bsingh5

Reply Thu 14 Sep, 2006 02:38 pm
You always find some way or the other to compliment me when I have no right receiving it Embarrassed . Other than studying or trying to find some sort of volunteer work nothing. What about you?
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Thu 14 Sep, 2006 02:44 pm
Righto, alphabetical order first Smile Watching football final and having a family BBQ, niece's birthday. Did you catch up with your friend spidergal, she was around recently.
0 Replies

bsingh5

Reply Thu 14 Sep, 2006 02:46 pm
Sadly no. I saw that she was but I have not had a time to do that as yet. That's nice a family BBQ....is it morning or late afternoon?
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Thu 14 Sep, 2006 02:51 pm
Toasting and a BBQ are always afternoons or evenings festivities. I'll be busy cooking which I love doing.
0 Replies

bsingh5

Reply Thu 14 Sep, 2006 02:57 pm
Universal joy for some, headache for others. Personally I enjoy it as well but sometimes I get just a bit enthusiastic.
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Thu 14 Sep, 2006 03:01 pm
Very good to let your hair down once in a while b5, particular after studying so hard, you deserve a break.
0 Replies

bsingh5

Reply Thu 14 Sep, 2006 03:10 pm
Wow...letting my hair down....see that would be a bad thing literally speaking because then it might catch on fire or get into the food. And I for one would not enjoy eating my own hair. Laughing
0 Replies

lezzles

Reply Thu 14 Sep, 2006 05:34 pm
Xylophones playing a lively intro, the Emcee stretches out his right arm -
"And now, ladies and gentlemen, let's give a big hand for our very own bsingh5 and her incredible hair eating act"

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Thu 14 Sep, 2006 05:42 pm
You are a real comedienne lezzles. Cool
0 Replies

bsingh5

Reply Thu 14 Sep, 2006 05:43 pm
Zealously in fact.
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Thu 14 Sep, 2006 06:19 pm
Always time for another run through the abc.
0 Replies

bsingh5

Reply Thu 14 Sep, 2006 06:20 pm
Better to have someone to run through it with you.
0 Replies