The Alphabet game

Clary

Reply Wed 5 Jul, 2006 02:40 am
Pattering rain now, with the temperatures staying up in the high 20s, unusual for Britain. Feels fresh, the roses smell great.
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Wed 5 Jul, 2006 04:09 pm
Qiute welcome this cloudburst, the lawns and plants are thirsty.
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Wed 5 Jul, 2006 05:47 pm
Rousing goodmorning to my English friends.
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2006 02:11 am
Salutations to you from warm and damp Devon, Dutchy! Everyone seems to be complaining about the heat here, and it's hardly been above 30! I've been an expat too long...
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2006 08:53 am
Totally deserted by everyone at 12.30am!
0 Replies

butterfly

Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2006 09:43 am
U might want to check your mailbox Dutch, when you get a chance - re: The Colossus Cryptic :wink:
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2006 10:58 am
Very quiet since our most vociferous players are deep in their Lovatts.
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2006 09:31 pm
What a surprise Cryptic Queen, only two wrong, I'm getting better. Get a Lovatts UK publication Clary and join the fun.
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Fri 7 Jul, 2006 01:21 am
Xpect I will sometime, supposed to be working for a few days Sad
0 Replies

butterfly

Reply Fri 7 Jul, 2006 01:47 am
You would be a most welcome edition to the Lovatts fanclub Clary, should you ever wish to take it up Cool
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Fri 7 Jul, 2006 01:54 am
Zanks very much, Butterfly, I weel zink about eet! By ze way, I am trying to revive some old Word Games threads, have a look!
0 Replies

butterfly

Reply Fri 7 Jul, 2006 02:09 am
A pleasure to know our friend Clary. Very Happy

I'll go and have a look :wink:
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Fri 7 Jul, 2006 09:04 pm
Been looking a longtime "B", where are you?
0 Replies

lezzles

Reply Fri 7 Jul, 2006 10:45 pm
Catching up with you all. My pc is letting me play today. Glad to see Clary back in the ranks.

So, it's down to the French and Italians; Queensland won the case of oranges; and the All Blacks don't appreciate being depicted as handbag swingers - can't say I blame them! That of course has little or no meaning for the non-Oz among us.
0 Replies

lmur

Reply Fri 7 Jul, 2006 11:07 pm
Don't know about that lezzles. Allow me to attempt a translation.

Is the Queen of England currently on a tour of her colonial underlings Down Under, casually flicking a handbag filled with oranges at any stray Europeans that cross her path?
0 Replies

lezzles

Reply Fri 7 Jul, 2006 11:59 pm
Excuse my whimsical nonsense please lmur! Your interpretation certainly brings a smile to one's lips. Can't you just picture ER bowling oranges at the peasants?

"Case of oranges" is very local slang for the State of Origin clashes between New South Wales and Queensland in the Rugby League. However, the banana-benders (Queenslanders) are known more for tossing beer cans at the players than oranges.

As for the handbags - whenever there is a clash between the Kiwis and Oz, television promotions always show footage of the Enzeders doing the very fearsome Haka (Maori war chant). Evidently last week one of the Kiwi team appeared in court for hitting someone with a handbag - so naturally for the upcoming Rugby Union Bleddersloe Cup match, the Haka footage has been digitally enhanced and each participant now sports a pastel coloured handbag slung over their left wrist.

Very partisan, I know, but I thought Dutchy was still on board and would know what I meant.

Who is favoured for the World Cup between France and Italy?
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Sat 8 Jul, 2006 02:01 am
France, according to my well-informed sons, who also prefer their style of play to that of the Italians (don't get them started on the Portuguese!). Allez les Bleus!
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Sat 8 Jul, 2006 08:24 am
Good vibes tell me the Azzuri's will triumph over France no doubts about it.
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Sat 8 Jul, 2006 03:39 pm
Honestly, what can I do? I now have an Italian student staying here who is an avid fan, yet my sons are going for the Frogs; perhaps I should just spend the evening at the computer.
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Sat 8 Jul, 2006 03:46 pm
I think that is a good idea Clary, what about the tennis final, aren't you going to watch that?
0 Replies