Questions about my new Sony Cybershot DSC W7

Tomkitten

Reply Sat 18 Feb, 2006 10:42 am
Next question: Is it possible to download new pix without downloading all the previous ones on the stick? Or do I have to delete all the previous stuff first?

And: When transferring pix from the camera to the computer is it possible to pick and choose which to save on the computer?
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Sat 18 Feb, 2006 11:26 am
Questions about my new Sony Cybershot DSC W7Go to Setup, as
Go to Setup, as usual; it will say Camera 1. Press the Down button and Camera 2 setup will appear. Setup 2 is used for a few rather special features, like Enlarged Icon. I doubt you would bother with it in general, but as a further example of the horrible manual I'll tell you this:

I went to Sonystyle.com and on the live chat went through a few hoops, including being referred to Step 4 of Page 44.

Unfortunately, that only shows an illustration of Setup for Camera 2, which is not what you basically get when you head for Setup. However, the technician did walk me through the route to Setup 2, and I found this shortcut. (He sent me to Menu, left arrow>down arrow> right arrow, which all worked while I was on the Chat, but now doesn't.)

BTW - Sony is very prim - I wrote "damn" and they entered "****".
0 Replies

MV

Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2006 11:54 pm
I finally got my camera to work right. I had to contact Sony tech support on the web site and Albert walked me through resetting my camera. After that, I could change the number of pictures I could get on my memory stick.

Thanks Albert!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2006 05:30 am
Re: Questions about my new Sony Cybershot DSC W7
Tomkitten wrote:
Next question: Is it possible to download new pix without downloading all the previous ones on the stick? Or do I have to delete all the previous stuff first?

And: When transferring pix from the camera to the computer is it possible to pick and choose which to save on the computer?

In your first question, do you mean download or upload? If you mean download, you can always add new pics to the memory stick, up to its capacity.

I usually upload my pictures on the computer to Picasa, so I can only speak for that program. Picasa has two prompts. One is to exclude the pictures that one does not want to upload. The other is to remove all the pictures from the memory stick. There is a choice. You can always delete individual pictures manually, directly from the camera.

0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2006 10:12 am
Thanks, Phoenix. Yes, I meant "upload".

One thing I haven't (among many) yet figured out is how to review all the pix on the stick while it's in the camera, so that I can delete what I don't want right there. But I have been having fun with black and white and also sepia.

And I notice that pix can be loaded back onto the memory stick from the camera - interesting, though probably not majorly important.

It's gonna take a long long time before I master all the options, but it's a fun challenge!

I've transferred all my photos to my removable hard drive, and set up access to Photobucket there, also. So I'm good to go; I just have to start taking more practice pix. Right now I'll be using a couple as basis for paintings.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2006 10:30 am
Tomkitten- Do you know that you are forcing me to learn how to use this camera? Very Happy

I had recently found how to do what you wanted. When you have some pictures on the card, turn the top dial to the little arrow. then hit the "W" on the back of the camera, top right. All the pictures on the card will show up on the screen, and you can use the wheel on the bottom right of the camera to choose what you want to delete.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2006 10:44 am
Likewise!

In a few months we should both be experts.

I'm trying Picasa again (i did have it once, but never used it properly).
0 Replies