Curious questions re cats

fishin

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 09:10 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
The explanation I've heard is that cats hunt game and thereby deprive trophy game of dinner.

Hunters are not logical.

Anyone that would tell you something like that is so ill-informed that they have no business being outdoors at any time by themselves. It is absolute nonsense and if they spent 30 seconds looking at what game animals eat they would know it.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 09:23 pm
Golly!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 08:19 am
Fishin'--

You mean you've never seen cats eating tender foliage? Or deer grazing on chipmunks and mice?

Of course those mean ol' cats might compete with the bears and coyotes for fawns.....

Dumb hunters shoot cats as a way of warming up for "real" game.
They also leave beer cans and junk food wrappers in the woods and swipe newspapers from the road cylinders so they can get their fires started.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 09:12 am
you're right msolga

If people are expecting cats to act like dogs, they're in for a surprise.

So, maybe there's this feeling of, well, you won't do any old thing I say, so I'm gonna poke you with this stick!

Then, when you get hissed at, it's "see, it's evil"
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 10:47 am
cats are like guys, and women have us figured out. We need 2 things and a clean litterbox.
0 Replies

sunlover

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 12:02 pm
Well, if cats love us, worship us, as dogs apparently do, they sure don't let us know that! That drives some people nuts, especially when they groooowl deeply and quietly in their throats when we pick them up to show our love. They don't like hugs and roughing up for fun.

I have two rather cool cats but this last one will let me play with her, hug her, yes bite her, but if I forget for a few days she doesn't appear to miss it so I keep it up every day.

I've found that cats can be trained as this one comes when she's called, let's me know when she wants to play. I also keep her on the patio in her sequinned harness and leash - and, she's learning to jump. Heck, she's only 5 mos. old, heck pretty soon it'll be World's Smartest Animals show.

Farmerman, it's against the law to abuse animals, and killing one calls for jail time.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 01:49 pm
http://www.premier.net/~cspedale/opus/images/bill2.jpg

ack!
0 Replies