Twilight of the Idols

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 09:00 pm
1. The true world - attainable for the sage, the pious, the virtuous man, he lives in it, he is itamit becomes female, it becomes Christian.)
3. The true world - unattainable, indemonstrable, unpromisable; but the very thought of it - a consolation, an obligation, an imperative.
(At bottom, the old sun, but seen through mist and skepticism. The idea has become elusive, pale, Nordic, Königsbergian.)
4. The true world - unattainable? At any rate, unattained. And being unattained, also unknownbon sens and cheerfulness; Plato's embarrassed blush; pandemonium of all free spirits.)
6. The true world - we have abolished. What world has remained? The apparent one perhaps? But no! With the true world we have also abolished the apparent one.
(Noon; moment of the briefest shadow; end of the longest error; high point of humanity; INCIPIT ZARATHUSTRA.)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 566 • Replies: 1
No top replies

JLNobody

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 11:06 pm
I believe Nietzsche's "true world" is parallel to Kant's "thing in itself," what stands behind the apparent world. I guess N saw them as two sides of one conceptual coin. That's why the abolishment of one (the world in itself) means the abolishment of the other (the appearances of the world).
I'm getting ready to read the impossible Zarathustra. Don't tell me how it ends!
0 Replies