This Doesn't Seem Right...

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 11:50 am
So half an hour ago I'm running at the Lake...it's 60 degrees sunny and beautiful... I've got some of my favorite music in the headphones and I FEEL GREAT!!!!

I run past the bench where just 2months or so ago I used to have to stop and rest in terrible fatigue and pain and breeze past it and realize I'm thankful, I am ready to push myself even further and harder than before and I have a great feeling that everything's going to pick back up and be great.

Now I don't know whether to thank God directly, thank one of his many intermediaries, feel lucky, thank fate, or just shrug my shoulders and ay I have, through hard work and time, healed. All I know for sure is that I am grateful.

Now god has a lot of intermediaries and most of them all have the same story about what they want you to do to lead a good life, most of them tell you that without going through them you're on your way to an uncomfortable eternity and most of their rules and guidelines are pretty much the same. Also, the majority of the mischief and cruelty that goes on in the world is courtesy of the followers of one of those intermediaries or the other and done in their name.

So I choose to be grateful to who or whatever has brought me through my illness and gotten me back to the business of getting on with it without being really 100% sure of who's responsible. Maybe it's just the doctors, family, me and time.

How is it I can feel so good and yet so many religious people will tell me I'm hell bound because I'm not following their particular deity?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 896 • Replies: 15
No top replies

Chai

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 12:12 pm
Because so many people are opinionated, ignorant poop heads.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 12:15 pm
Chai Tea wrote:
Because so many people are opinionated, ignorant poop heads.

well.....
0 Replies

Cliff Hanger

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 12:15 pm
What Chai Tea said.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 12:52 pm
Before a heart attack, your body releases large quantities of endorphins, giving a feeling of ecstacy...

Just kidding! Glad you're feeling better.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 01:00 pm
cjhsa wrote:
Before a heart attack, your body releases large quantities of endorphins, giving a feeling of ecstacy...

Just kidding! Glad you're feeling better.

I've never deone any ecstasy but back in the day I did a lot of MDA....
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 03:51 pm
blueveinedthrobber,

I am so glad that you are feeling better. Laughing You will know whom to be grateful to when YOU know. No one can tell you whom this is for YOU. They can only tell you who it is for them and who they think you SHOULD be grateful to. I am grateful you are grateful and feeling good! Laughing
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 07:20 pm
you be thankful to whom ever you want to... fuk the poopie heads who tell you its wrong. HA

just dont forget to thank yourself for the bust ass work you have done to be where you are now.

how would you EVER know you could make it past that bench if you never got up again to give it a try?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 07:23 pm
darn poopie heads
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 07:31 pm
ehhh.. POOP on 'em

friggin basta'hds
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 07:38 pm
farging iceholes
0 Replies

real life

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 11:54 pm
Re: This Doesn't Seem Right...
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
So half an hour ago I'm running at the Lake...it's 60 degrees sunny and beautiful... I've got some of my favorite music in the headphones and I FEEL GREAT!!!!

I run past the bench where just 2months or so ago I used to have to stop and rest in terrible fatigue and pain and breeze past it and realize I'm thankful, I am ready to push myself even further and harder than before and I have a great feeling that everything's going to pick back up and be great.

Now I don't know whether to thank God directly, thank one of his many intermediaries, feel lucky, thank fate, or just shrug my shoulders and ay I have, through hard work and time, healed. All I know for sure is that I am grateful.

Now god has a lot of intermediaries and most of them all have the same story about what they want you to do to lead a good life, most of them tell you that without going through them you're on your way to an uncomfortable eternity and most of their rules and guidelines are pretty much the same. Also, the majority of the mischief and cruelty that goes on in the world is courtesy of the followers of one of those intermediaries or the other and done in their name.

So I choose to be grateful to who or whatever has brought me through my illness and gotten me back to the business of getting on with it without being really 100% sure of who's responsible. Maybe it's just the doctors, family, me and time.

How is it I can feel so good and yet so many religious people will tell me I'm hell bound because I'm not following their particular deity?

Thank God you are doing well, B. I am glad to hear of it.

And since it sounds like some doctors helped you out too, be sure to thank them as well.

Pay no attention to name calling and negative attitudes toward people or God.

That's not what you need.

You inspire me to get out and run! Keep up the energy.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2006 08:03 am
Re: This Doesn't Seem Right...
real life wrote:

And since it sounds like some doctors helped you out too, be sure to thank them as well.

This reminds me of that old joke....

A flood was predicted to run directly through a town. The authorities announced everyone must evacuate immediately. One woman said "God will save me"

Then the police went door to door to evacuate any other people. The woman said "God will save me"

The flood came, the woman had to climb onto the roof of her house. A helicopter came by to rescue her. She refused saying "God will save me"

She drowned.

In heaven, she asked God. "I lived a good life, and had faith in you. Why didn't you save me?"

God said "I sent news announcements, the police, and a helicopter......What the hell else did you want me to do!"
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2006 08:32 am
Laughing
0 Replies

real life

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2006 09:37 am
Yeah I've always liked that one, also this one:

A man named Jack was walking along a steep cliff one day when he accidentally got too close to the edge and fell. On the way down he grabbed a branch, which temporarily stopped his fall.

He looked down and to his horror saw that the canyon fell straight down for more than a thousand feet. He couldn't hang onto the branch forever, and there was no way for him to climb up the steep wall of the cliff.

So, Jack began yelling for help, hoping that someone passing by would hear him and lower a rope or something. "HELP! HELP! Is anyone up there? HELP!"

He yelled for a long time, but no one heard him. He was about to give up when he heard a voice. "Jack, Jack, Can you hear me?"

"Yes, yes! I can hear you. I'm down here!"

"I can see you, Jack. Are you all right?"

"Yes, but who are you, and where are you?"

"I am the Lord, Jack. I'm everywhere."

"The Lord? You mean God?"

"That's Me."

"God, please help me! I promise if you'll get me down from here I'll stop sinning. I'll be a really good person. I'll serve You for the rest of my life."

"Easy on the promises, Jack. Let's get you off from there; then we can talk. Now, here's what I want you to do. Listen carefully."

"I'll do anything, Lord. Just tell me what to do."

"Okay. Let go of the branch."

"What?"

"I said, let go of the branch. Just trust Me. Let go."

There was a long silence.

Finally Jack yelled, "HELP! HELP! IS ANYONE ELSE UP THERE?"
0 Replies

Im the other one

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2006 05:54 pm
Oh my Chai Tea, that's the exact same joke I was just thinking of today!

So funny...
0 Replies