Hey Pat...What Has Japan Done To Piss God Off?

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 08:57 am
I mean, look at the headlines today. Pat Robertson I'm counting on you to help me understand.

http://money.cnn.com/2006/01/19/news/international/livedoor/index.htm?cnn=yes

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/asiapcf/01/19/japan.jellyfish.reut/index.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,686 • Replies: 28
No top replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 11:29 am
Re: Hey Pat...What Has Japan Done To Piss God Off?
blueveinedthrobber wrote:

I don't understand. Pat Robertson would actually have the intelligence or decency to look at the situation outside of his demented, tiny world?

For the first one, seeing as it is Japan, I'd think he was just performing ritual suicide. Yup, American execs try to hide and lie, whilst Japanese execs commit suicide. I wasn't, aware, however, that Japanese people still performed harikiri.

And the second one? I'd see it as a boon. Sell the jellyfish off to China where it's a delicacy and profit of it.

Mm... jellyfish... Scratch that. Sell them to me. I'd buy them.
0 Replies

lezzles

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 07:58 pm
What has either incident to do with God having it in for Japan?

Did Hideaki Naguchi upset all those sacred beings in Wall Street and incur their wrath?

Perhaps Japanese whale slaughter has brought down heaven's justice?

Maybe the Japan, General, Waggery forums might have found it all more interesting. Maybe not.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 08:42 pm
lezzles wrote:

Did Hideaki Naguchi upset all those sacred beings in Wall Street and incur their wrath?

Maybe the Japan, General, Waggery forums might have found it all more interesting. Maybe not.[/quote

these and many other pressing questions need answering... thank you for your obvious concern these are fascinating possibilities you've put forth. will you do some independent research and report back? I'll be counting the minutes. Very Happy
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 05:55 am
lezzles wrote:

Maybe the Japan, General, Waggery forums might have found it all more interesting. Maybe not.

Mr. Throbber is mocking Pat Robertson pre-emptively. However, I doubt that Pat would have any interest at anything that isn't about the Middle East or the United States.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 06:59 am
mmmm peanut butter and jellyfish sammiches (on toast of course)
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 08:28 am
Wolf_ODonnell wrote:
lezzles wrote:

Mr. Throbber is mocking Pat Robertson pre-emptively. However, I doubt that Pat would have any interest at anything that isn't about the Middle East or the United States.

I'm puzzled. What is it about my behavior that makes you think I would mock someone?
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 08:41 am
You're not? I would have.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 09:07 am
well that's the difference between me and you. I'm thoughtful and serious to a fault in my demeanor.
0 Replies

flyboy804

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 02:13 pm
I believe God has a very big backlog of punishees. He is just now getting around to punishing Japan for the "rape of Nanking".
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2006 06:13 am
flyboy804 wrote:
I believe God has a very big backlog of punishees. He is just now getting around to punishing Japan for the "rape of Nanking".

What? And the two atomic bombs wasn't enough?

Nah, this is a blessing in disguise, which must be the reason why Pat Robertson is keeping his mouth shut. He doesn't want the world to know that God is blessing a country that isn't full of Christians.
0 Replies

lezzles

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2006 07:01 am
Wolf_ODonnell wrote:
lezzles wrote:

Thank you! At least from your reply I was able to track down who Pat Robertson is. From my location you will see I am outside the US and it seems that is a blessing in that I am not subjected to Pat Robertson's opinions.

One realises that for many Americans, like your friend Mr Throbber, there is no "outside the US". This attitude is just plain rude and ignorant.

Your friend considers himself a real wit.
He's half way there.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2006 07:08 am
I guess you told me. Here's a hint... next time you see a headline that says something about "Pissing God Off" use your own wits and make the intuitive leap that it's not serious. In addition, we have a myriad of Ozzie posters here who would look at this post, know exactly who Pat Robertson is, and get the humour in him claiming giant Jellyfish were a curse from God. Do try to keep up.

Or just make some bitchy remark about the poster. Really it's up to you. This is an open forum. :wink:
0 Replies

lezzles

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2006 08:06 am
When I first posted in this thread I was seriously asking you what you were getting at - okay, so I was real slow on the uptake because I didn't know who PR was. My questions were written tongue-in-cheek but obviously were too subtle. (Surely "heaven's justice" over the whale slaughter equates with the curse of the giant jellyfish?)

There was absolutely no call for the mocking condescension of your reply. (Which came across as "Run on home and play with your dollies little girl, you can't hang out with the big boys".)

Bitchy remarks are not good form and I apologise for that crack.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2006 08:13 am
flyboy804 wrote:

Damn straight! :wink:
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2006 08:32 am
lezz-
throb-man is a kewl dude...Let's kiss and make up...shall we?
0 Replies

lezzles

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2006 09:50 am
Panzade -
That's fine by me - I'm not in this world to make enemies - I just like to share the information and maybe put in my 2c worth every so often. When someone yells "hey listen!" - I do. But I won't take anybody's BS.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2006 09:58 am
Know what your problem is, BLT? The woman is from Australia, and just natcherly don't like conservatives.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2006 10:06 am
I understand how many have a problem with Pat Robertson when he does put it all out there and make the statements that he does.

However, assuming or pre-empting him is at the very least IMO, rather judgmental. I may not like what the man has to say at times, but I sure respect the fact that he has the right to say it. Freedom of speech is a right I quite enjoy. I will accept responsibility for anything I do actually say but I don't care much for someone assuming I might say something because they believe I would. Now, how rational is that? :wink: Laughing
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2006 10:10 am
fuc8k pat robertson
0 Replies