How's your Easter holiday going? What are you doing?

littlek

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2003 08:29 am
MsOlgo - nope, middle-child.

Soz - that's cute! Silvi is having her first easter party. Two of her friends are going to her brand new house to hunt for eggs!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2003 08:34 am
littlek

Still, it's nice to be treated like one of the little kids now & then, yes? Very Happy
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2003 08:37 am
Yes it is. Though I didn't appreciate it as much as a new adult - in my late teens and early 20s.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2003 08:42 am
Coz you're all grown up & independent now! Sometimes parents miss out on this little fact! Very Happy
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2003 08:43 am
Coz you're all grown up & independent now! Sometimes parents miss out on this little fact! Very Happy
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2003 08:44 am
Eeyep.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2003 09:28 am
Easter is upon us once again. Spring has sprung, and all the little girls will be out in their new Easter outfits heading for church to celebrate the resurrection of Jesus. I haven't been to church for awhile, so my understanding of the Easter protocols may be a little rusty.

Anyway, on Easter Jesus comes out of the ground. Then the preacher tells us if Jesus saw his shadow. If Jesus sees his shadow, then we all burn in hell for six weeks. (It's generally not much of a surprise; the answer is almost always "YES".)

Then we kill and eat Jesus. This sounds bad, but it's okay: he likes it. "Take, eat--this is my body." It's some kind of masochistic thing. Only you just eat a little bit of him, 'cause he has to last so you can eat a little of him each Sunday until he rises again next Easter. Hey, it's better than killing the cute, fluffy little Easter bunny who brings you eggs and candy and pretty pink bonnets.

Exactly who kills Jesus seems to be kind of an open question. It used to be that the Jews killed Jesus. Christians like Jews now, however, so somebody else has to kill The Savior. Saddam Hussein was going to carve the turkey, but he's busy roasting in hell now. Kinky Friedman thinks it was Santa Claus. Others blame the Palestinians. Personally, I think it should be the North Koreans.

You never get filled up on Jesus, though, so then everybody goes to Grandma's for a nice ham and some of those Easter eggs and maybe a few Peeps. It's all good.

Then it's Monday again, so we all forget about this storybook stuff and go back to work and reality. Fortunately we have more sense than to really believe all of our mythology.

This is as opposed to other people around the world--many Muslims, for example--who really take their own brands of foolishness to heart. This causes no end of grief for them and the rest of us. The world would be so much more pleasant to live in if they would just learn the joys of Jesus, Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2003 09:38 am
Not to mention Elvis, Jesus and Coca Cola. (Should we start an A2K Kinky Friedman Fan Club?)
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2003 10:22 am
Change of plans: Sprinkling out, with 50% rain chance. I've been watching some DVDs of Dragnet, Peter Gunn and the like. Still plan to have Dusty over.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2003 10:25 am
jesus and elvis on velvet-sofa size- and its diet coke.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2003 10:32 am
"Who put a pubic hair on my Coke?"
--Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2003 02:34 pm
Walter - thanks!

PDiddie Shocked Confused Very Happy

Monday morning - another holiday - rain! Waaaahhhh!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2003 02:42 pm
Well, the weekend started so nicely. Saturday was fun and relaxing. Today, though, I was at the usual odds with my mom. Oh well. Dinner was great. Friends coming over soon for dessert! Finally a spring-like day. Low-60s, sunshine......
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2003 07:09 pm
PDiddie

You funny thing! Laughing Very Happy Laughing You reminded me of my childhood easters with (the VERY Catholic) family. Rolling Eyes
Easter was totally miserable by design! No laughter, singing, music, dancing allowed! Crying or Very sad Fun was out of bounds because Our Lord died for our sins. For a small child this was a ghastly time: Endless Stations of the Cross at church, fasting to the point of starvation & just utter grinmess! Shocked Crying or Very sad Shocked What a relief it was when Easter Sunday came (despite the marathon Eastern European church service) ... Christ had arisen, the boys got to kiss the girls after the service to celebrate & we got to go home & finally EAT!! Very Happy Very Happy
Thank goodness these celebrations are more enlightened thes days! Would hate any small child to have to go through this, once a year.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2003 07:14 pm
Hang in there, littlek! It will all be over soon!
I think there's something to be said for the ol' LIGHTNING VISIT, don't you? Very Happy
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2003 07:17 pm
margo

So it's endless wetness in Sin City? Rolling Eyes What a shame.
Never mind, the sun is sure to do it's usual perverse thing & shine madly on the first day of work! Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2003 07:20 pm
Looks like it's back to the couch, the DVD & the coke for quite a few of you .... But isn't it a relief to just relax & veg out for a little bit? Very Happy
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2003 09:01 pm
It's ok, it got better MsOlga, but lightning visits are prolly the better way to go. Problem is that I loooooove being on the cape.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2003 09:03 pm
Smile Good!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2003 09:06 pm
<grin>!
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 05:06:01