How's your Easter holiday going? What are you doing?

msolga

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2003 12:04 am
It's SO peaceful here! Lots of folk have headed out of the city for the last warm-ish & long-ish break for a while.
So it's left those of us who didn't join the traffic jams to & from the city in utter contentment, with the city to ourselves!To make things even better, we've enjoyed some gorgeous warm, balmy days.

So what have I been doing since Good Friday? Lots! Put a whole load of wonderfully smelly mushroom/horse manure compost on my front garden. Now I'm deciding whether to go with apricot or gentle pink roses in winter. Visited a gardening centre with a friend & we both oooh ahhhed at the lovely specimens they had for sale.
Saturday morning: weeding the garden & soaking up the sunshine.
Let's see, what else? Dinner with friends, lots of good videos for the now coldish nights here in Melbourne. Lots of cat snuggling on the couch. Very Happy
Last night I experimented with a new recipe & went a little overboard on the garlic & chili. But that's how I like my food! Yum! Very Happy
Tonight I'm about to go see The Hours with a friend, after dinner at a cafe ... Ah, I like these sorts of holidays.

What about YOU?
How have you used this time?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 3,884 • Replies: 88
No top replies

satt fs

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2003 12:14 am
I have been listing to Bach,J.S. ("Easter Oratorio" and the like).
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2003 12:23 am
s_f

Sounds like you've really got into the spirit of the occasion!
0 Replies

satt fs

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2003 12:28 am
:wink:
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2003 01:06 am
Well, MsOlga - let me tell you - it's been bloody raining. Bucketing down.

It rained for my birthay on Thursday; It rained all day Friday, but I was at home, so - kinda OK. Went to the beach for 2 days - it rained. Home again - still raining.

Tomorrow - last day of holidays - forecast - RAIN!!! Arrrrgggghhhh!!!!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2003 01:58 am
Glorious weather here - glorious. It has been a pleasure just looking at the rapidly greening park across the road, and watching the cats luxuriating in the sun. My Oscar is ill - so he has been receiving special attention.

Yesterday, I had a lovely garden lunch with friends. Today, just reading and walking and a bit of time here - broke, you see, so I cannot make many arrangements to go out.

Friday - long walk in a park and housework and such.

Tomorrow? Gym - and I may be able to spring for a coffee and a film with somebody. I SHOULD go to work for a few hours in preparation for next week - but I bet I don't!

There is a "The Hours" thread here, Msolga. I do hope you add to it when you have seen the film.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2003 02:09 am
Belated birthday greetings, margo, and a Happy Easter to you and all the others!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2003 06:29 am
So margo, it's been a splishy-splashy sort of easter for you! Much better if it rains on work days & shines on holidays, yes?

dlowan
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES are you to go into work before you have to!!! Rolling Eyes You can plan (mentally) at home, that's ALL that is allowed! Auntie Olga has spoken!
PS ... you got the same weather we did in Melbourne ... Aren't the mornings just heavenly! Very Happy Very Happy

Walter
And a happy easter to you, too! What have you been doing to celebrate a few days of freedom?
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2003 06:57 am
Went to a singles dinner last night. Had a good time. Left with one more phone number in my phone than when I arrived, so it's been a pretty good weekend.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2003 07:02 am
Happy Easter, Wilso! Very Happy
Sounds like you're enjoying yourself!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2003 07:30 am
I hope to put some roofing on my new addition today. Later, in the afternoon, we will get my grandson, Dusty, and have a few festivities for him.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2003 07:47 am
going to an Easter egg hunt and a cookout at a neighbors if I am up to it....family is going in any case. No baskets and presents this year for the first time...the kids have officially outgrown an interest in any of that....sad, kinda, a reminder of the ticking clock.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2003 08:08 am
I came down to a child-free zone for easter. Cape cod with my parents and a family I've been friends with for a while. My dad bought me a chocie bunny! It's deliscious. Looks like we'll do something fun and come back to cook an average family dinner (risotto, fish, asparagus) and then have our friends over for dessert.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2003 08:10 am
BPB - We never let our parents get away without filling our stockings at christmas or giving us chocolate at easter. At least, not until we were all in our 30s - just about when the first grandchild popped out (there's still only one). But, for some reason dad bought me a bunny and I'm just fine with that!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2003 08:13 am
dlowan

What's up with Oscar? Nothing serious, I hope!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2003 08:15 am
edgar

A good mix - A bit of work to make you feel virtuous Very Happy , followed by pleasure with your grandson! Very Happy Very Happy
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2003 08:17 am
BPB

What? Too old for Easter eggs?? Shocked Never!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2003 08:19 am
Aw, that's sweet, littlek! Smile Are you the youngest?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2003 08:20 am
Very Happy

At the other end of the spectrum, sozlet will be celebrating Easter for the first time. (After a rudimentary Passover, mostly marked by what we chose to eat. I don't celebrate most Jewish holidays but I was usually in Florida with my grandmother for Passover so that's one I actually have memories of.)

Got her a basket with choc eggs, a little soft bunny toy, and a choc bunny. We hid a dozen plastic eggs in the yard with stuff in 'em. Like, a little fake watch (she has a watch fetish) that was part of a set for 99 cents at Walgreen's, etc. There was a big egg hunt we planned to go to yesterday but she's been sick, so I wanted to make sure she had something here at home. She's still sleeping now (poor little sickie) but I think she'll love it. Looking forward to it.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2003 08:25 am
sozobe

Her first Easter! Awwwwwwwwww .. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
She's going to really love the hunt! Let us know how it goes.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » How's your Easter holiday going? What are you doing?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.25 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 08:13:56