Indifference/ The Most Effective Response to Irrationality

LionTamerX

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 08:42 am
I'm gonna leave that one alone...
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 09:17 am
Timber
I recently discovered that Timber is made up of one million toothpicks glued together. I want to know what kind of glue would hold that amount of tonnage together?

Gorilla glue?

BBB
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 01:23 pm
Regrettfully, I only just now discovered this important thread. I certainly would not want this wonderful A2K to go the way of Abuzz. On the first page Phoenix said that A2K is a microcosm of the country. I disagree: the average IQ and educational level of this population is much higher than nation's average. The mere fact that everyone here can write and type and articulate ideas demonstrates this fact.
We definitely should simply ignore the rabble, the "barbarians" laying seige to our little island of civil-ization.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 01:28 pm
The only thing that I would change on that is changing the word country to world. ;-)
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 01:29 pm
JL- You may very well have a valid point here. Maybe it is that we have been spoiled with a forum where the vast majority of members' IQs tend to fall quite a bit to the right of the bell curve.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 01:34 pm
I agree, Denny Crane.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 01:37 pm
Phoenix, for sure. I've taught university students from freshman to doctoral candidates for 24 years, and I consider a large number of posters here to be comparable to the best.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 03:01 pm
JLNobody wrote:

We definitely should simply ignore the rabble, the "barbarians" laying seige to our little island of civil-ization.

Rabble? And, just who are the rabble and barbarians? Is there a consensus meeting to identify individuals for the rabble pile? Forgive me for taking exception to that statement, but I see it as highly arrogant.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 03:05 pm
well, for rabbleness I nominate The Dys.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 03:58 pm
I guess that would make Diane a "rabble rouser," then?
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 04:37 pm
LOL, Eva, occassionally, yes, I am able to rouse the old rabble now and again.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 07:29 pm
J_B wrote:
JLNobody wrote:

Rabble? And, just who are the rabble and barbarians? Is there a consensus meeting to identify individuals for the rabble pile? Forgive me for taking exception to that statement, but I see it as highly arrogant.

To take some aphorisms, and twist them inside out:

"Rabbleness is in the eye of the beholder"

"One man's heroes are another man's rabble"

I don't see judging a person by one's own standards is being arrogant. Then again, I am probably one of the most arrogant sons of bitches on this site, and proud of it!
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 07:39 pm
Quote:
Then again, I am probably one of the most arrogant sons of bitches on this site, and proud of it!

hey how can that be? You have said your a girl\wife\female - how could that be you are a son? Rolling Eyes :wink:
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 07:40 pm
Husker,

I don't think Phoenix is a son or a daughter or anything of a B at all. I've always had quite a bit of respect for her.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 07:44 pm
husker wrote:
Quote:
Then again, I am probably one of the most arrogant sons of bitches on this site, and proud of it!

hey how can that be? You have said your a girl\wife\female - how could that be you are a son? Rolling Eyes :wink:

Now Husker, have you ever heard of a "daughter of a bitch"? I am simply attempting to have my thoughts clearly understood by using the masculine forms of language that are pervasive in the English language!
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 07:54 pm
j_b, I am not identifying anyone as barbarian or rabble. My suggestion is that each of us who considers anyone's actions to be barbarian, i.e., too unruly to withstand, should simply ignore them. If enough individuals ON THEIR OWN, but not by committee, ignore my actions, I will have been isolated or marginalized on the basis of the effects of my action on individuals. Those individuals will, in effect, have voted me out. I will not be "official" expelled, I will be "unofficially" ostracized on the basis of my failure to get along with enough individuals. It will be my own (un)doing. What's arrogant about that?
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 10:51 pm
Besides, there are some very loveable rabblers here on a2k. I happen to be crazy about one in particular.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 10:52 pm
<This thread intentionally interrupted to announce that the greatest team in NFL history is the Pittsburgh Steelers. Yeah, that's right, they are the all-time badasses of the NFL, baby, don't doubt it, beeeyatches!!!!!>

http://media3.steelers.com/MediaContent/2006/02/05/19/sbxl_rooney__62412.jpg
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 11:05 pm
Does the old man carrying the big cup have a streak of bird poop running down his face?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 11:06 pm
He looks terribly old to have been playing football. In a suit, yet!!! Laughing
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 06/25/2024 at 10:18:13