Indifference/ The Most Effective Response to Irrationality

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 09:05 am
John Creasy wrote:

I don't know whether to be disgusted at the self-righteousness or laugh at the sentimentality for a friggin website!!!

What Phoenix said.

You joined here and signed your membership voluntarily, I suppose.

I'm sure, there are lots of "friggin' websites" which will be a more pleasant playground for you instant of being part of an online community.
0 Replies

John Creasy

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 09:15 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
John Creasy wrote:

I don't know whether to be disgusted at the self-righteousness or laugh at the sentimentality for a friggin website!!!

What Phoenix said.

I'm sure, there are lots of "friggin' websites" which will be a more pleasant playground for you instant of being part of an online community.

What are you talking about?? I come here because it's something to do, and some of the topics interest me. I don't come here to be part of any community.
0 Replies

John Creasy

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 09:16 am
dyslexia wrote:
well John I admit that Phoenix can get a mite testy with some folks now and then but, all in all, she's been pretty consistent with her welcome attitude. But heck John, she can't live up to me for socibility, noone should be expected to.

I knew you looked familiar! You're that guy from Brokeback Mountain right??? Very Happy
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 09:26 am
John Creasy wrote:
Walter Hinteler wrote:
John Creasy wrote:

What Phoenix said.

What are you talking about?? I come here because it's something to do, and some of the topics interest me. I don't come here to be part of any community.

For someone who didn't come here to be part of any community, you seem to be regularly poking your nose into it, in one way or another.

"and some of the topics interest me"..........the community related banter certainly seem to interest you, JC. You're not a closet member, are you?

Go on and come out to us JC, you can admit it.

Now...repeat after me..."My username is johncreasey, and I wish to become part of your community"
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 10:31 am
John Creasy wrote:
You say "we" welcome new members. You can speak for yourself, but it is apparent that this does not hold true to all of the old-timers here. Several of these (rather bitter) posters seem to feel that it is their duty to police these forums. I say poo poo to that. These same posters certainly do not "live in harmony" with others as you say. This is pure bs.

A2K is like any other community, virtual, or brick and mortar. There are the folks who have lived on the block since the houses were built, and those who just moved in. The most sensible thing for a new neighbor to do is to check out the "lay of the land", and stand back for a bit, before barrelling in. A new neighbor needs to understand the culture of his community before he puts himself in a position where his neighbors will perceive a negative view of him.

As in all communities, there are all sorts of people, some likeable, some not. If one does not care for a neighbor, one does not socialize with him. On an internet community, if there is someone that a member does not like, the wise thing is to avoid interaction with that person.

It is not necessary to name names, but a brief glance at the dates that people have joined A2K have given me an interesting insight. There are some whom I really consider "one of the gang". Then I look at that person's start date, and realize that he/she has only been around for a short time, while others, some being on A2K for a longer time, remain outsiders.

It is exactly the same thing that happens in real life communities.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 10:38 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
A2K is like any other community, virtual, or brick and mortar. There are the folks who have lived on the block since the houses were built, and those who just moved in. The most sensible thing for a new neighbor to do is to check out the "lay of the land", and stand back for a bit, before barrelling in. A new neighbor needs to understand the culture of his community before he puts himself in a position where his neighbors will perceive a negative view of him.

And there's the problem, Phoenix ... some folks have no concept of what a community is or how to interact within one as a contributing, supportive member ... they want the community to be what they want it to be, without regard for what the community is or wants. Sometimes folks of that nature will encounter a community in which they find their expectations unmet. Typically, such disappointees will lay blame for this failure on the community that did not conform to their preferences.
0 Replies

John Creasy

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 10:52 am
Ellpus, you are a character, but no thanks.

Phoenix & Timber, I can understand what you are saying, but I just don't look at like that. To me, it's just words on a screen, not a community. I'm quite certain that I will never meet any of you in person, so it seems silly to act otherwise. Not that I have anything agaainst any of you......well, most of you at least.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 10:52 am
Phoenix
Phoenix, as usual, you are so wise.

I have to admit that I've been quite a grump for a while. I am one very angry woman. I'm angry at the government. I'm angry at half of the voters. I'm angry at the idiots here and abroad. I'm angry at the greed that is killing this nation. I'm even angry at myself because I couldn't do more for the Common Good.

But my dogs love me.

BBB
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 10:58 am
They would love me too, if I had cookies in my pocket. :-)
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 11:00 am
intrepid
Intrepid wrote:
They would love me too, if I had cookies in my pocket. :-)

Are you saying my two mutts have no taste? That they would love anyone who fed them?

Ah, you just don't know my two love bugs.

BBB :wink:
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 11:02 am
As much as we would all like to think that, there is the cold reality of what a dog really wants. Unlike people, they are so predictable.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 11:05 am
Timber is a poopity head!
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 11:05 am
Intrepid
Yeh! I starve them until they give me wet smoochy kisses.

0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 11:07 am
Re: Intrepid
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
Yeh! I starve them until they give me wet smoochy kisses.

Thats against the law
0 Replies

Intrepid

Maybe I should try that with my wife ;-)
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

ok thats legal
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 11:10 am
Intrepid
Intrepid wrote:
Maybe I should try that with my wife ;-)

Ha! Now you owe me big time.

BBB
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 11:33 am
No argument, Dys - but my pups love me Laughing
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 12:57 pm
timberlandko wrote:
No argument, Dys - but my pups love me Laughing
Yeah, that's why both of us have them.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 01:19 pm
Chai Tea, nimh and Phoenix ******* ROCK!!!

Chai Tea-- I appreciate blunt.

Smile Would you mind pming me the addy for SW? I think they may learn to appreciate my company as much as I appreciate theirs.

Possibly more.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 07:06:11