The Hive Mind

pseudokinetics

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 01:35 pm
The brain in the hive is the queen. Think of it as there form of comunication is telekinetic like in the book xenocide. The queen is the mind that gives the workers jobs. So in a sense the queen is all of the workers ideas. The real question is are humans owned the same way?
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 05:34 pm
Now that makes no sense at all.
0 Replies

pseudokinetics

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 08:42 pm
it does and you are you just not paying attention.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 09:59 pm
So the Queen can remember the sensations the workers feel?

The queen instructs the workers?

Back to zoology 101. The queen as much a slave to the hive as the workers - she just keeps pumpin' out those larvae....

The hive isn't a mind, it doesn't have a mind any more than an ecology has a mind. It just appears to from the macro perspective.

Does a human society have a mind? It's much more complex than a bee hive but you wouldn't argue it had a mind.
0 Replies

RoyalesThaRula

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 12:14 pm
yeah, but hingehead, what if all humans in a society came from the exact same mother. That's the kicker man.
Oh, and hey hingehead, lets say the queen doesnt "slave to the hive" by giving birth to all the bees, then how does she ensure her survival? Man, the bees slave to the queen.

and yes, a human society does have a mind, it's called our mind. Every human has it. Every human is a society of cells. A colony if you will.

and please, i'd love for you to preach some more zoology 101 so we can learn about the topic in greater detail.

The difference between us and other animals is we know we know. Think about it.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 04:51 pm
Sorry Roy - you can't, in the same post, have animals having human motivations (queen ensuring her survival) and ideas and then say that animals and humans are fundamentally different (we know we know). Oops, you can say that - but contradicting yourself seems counter productive.

Drawing analogies between celled animals and societies is not proof of diddly.

I don't share your DNA - we are not part of the same organism.

I don't agree with you - we don't have the same mind.

Thanks for the
Quote:
Think about it
tip - up until now I've just been using a random phrase generator to make these posts....
0 Replies

RoyalesThaRula

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 09:26 pm
Hingehead my point is a bee hive is a colony of organisms all from the same mother. And i dont know about you man, but im pretty sure ensuring ones survival is NOT just a human characteristic...so you have to check yourself on that one. And uhh, we're fundamentally the SAME you goof, that's what I'm saying. We both know. But the difference is we know that we know. My point is, we only know what we know we know. There are things we know that we dont know we know.

Loosen up a bit, you seem to be taking quite the hostile stand on this. We should be able to responsibly discuss this the way professionals are suposed to.
0 Replies

pseudokinetics

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 09:34 pm
RoyalesThaRula wrote:
there are things we know that we dont know we know.

Loosen up a bit, you seem to be taking quite the hostile stand on this. We should be able to responsibly discuss this the way professionals are suposed to.

Hinge you know Royales is right. Instead of randomly disagreeing with us about things we know you know are true why dont you try agreeing.
0 Replies

pseudokinetics

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 05:32 pm
If we are the mind of the hive does that make our bodies the hive?
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 11:58 pm
I think you are both loons.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 12:05 am
timberlandko wrote:
I would say the compelling drive of any organism would be reproduction
So that's what that tube is for! Who would'a thunk?
0 Replies

RoyalesThaRula

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 09:39 am
Pseudo what are you talking about. You are just randomly spouting things now.

My point is hingehead, that we know nothing. And what you think you do know, my guess would be most of it's false. Not because of your ability or whatnot...but someone who doesnt know something, can still tell somebody else they know it, and can MAKE a truth.

Us humans are very good at doing that. It seems to serve our ego quite nicely. Unfortunately too many of us are like that. The point of these discussions is to hypothesize on what may be made truths, and how we can discover the truth. Us being really smart, the best way to discover something would probably have to be by bouncing ideas off those with agreed or opposed views, whatever, as long as it stimulates more thought.

So, aside from me telling you what I think of you, which is just proposterious on an internet forum, I think you should take a step back and realize that we know NOTHING.
0 Replies

pseudokinetics

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 10:44 am
Hinge if your going to post something on what you really dont care about just dont post anything.
0 Replies

pseudokinetics

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 12:06 pm
RoyalesThaRula wrote:
Pseudo what are you talking about. You are just randomly spouting things now.

I am not. I am asking a question out of curiosity.
0 Replies