I wish to add a very beautiful poem.

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2002 08:17 pm
This poem was written by Alexander Pope, I believe it to be beautiful and full of hope.

"Ode on Solitude"
Happy the man whose wish and care a few paternal acres bound, Content to breathe his native air, In his own ground.

Whose herds with milk, Whose fields with bread, Whoses flocks supply him with attire, Whose trees in summer yield him shade, In winter fire.

Blest, who can unconcernedly find Hours, days, and years slide soft away, In health of body, peace of mind, Quiet by day.

Sound sleep by night; study and ease, Together mixed; sweet recreation; And innocence, which most does please with meditation.

Thus let me live, unseen, unknown; Thus unlamented let me die.

I particularly enjoy the sentiment of this poem, in its praise for a view on a simple relaxing country life during that time period. Where now we have never ending scientific growth and merging of cultures along with all the drama going on in our world today. It gets nice at times to be able to read something that can transport you, to a place of relaxation.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,714 • Replies: 1
No top replies

jjorge

Reply Tue 5 Nov, 2002 01:26 pm
Very nice. I like the sentiment too.
0 Replies