Would the laws of energy support life after death theory?

azure

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 09:13 am
Re: It is
smali wrote:
Believe it or not, there is life after death. The creation of this universe was not a coincidence. There is enough evidence in the Quran.

Do not you feel it is weird that life just abruptly ends?

I personally do not believe life ends when you die but I also accept science and take it into account readily.

I have read read teachings and philosophies of multiple religions but have not yet read the Quran so I know very little about it but I do look forward to reading it in the near future.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 08:35 pm
Pheonix wrote:

Therefore, when we die, we end as human beings, but our body is simply converted into another form.

There is nothing mystical about the Laws of Thermodynamics. These are scientific laws that have been shown to be true by very mundane experiments.

The energy in the body turns into heat which dissapates... it is no more mystical than what happens to the energy from a hot lightbulb when you turn it off.

The body decomposes and turns into dirt and gasses. This dirt may be used as soil and new plant growth. This is no more mystical than manure turning into compost spread on your garden.

You can talk about "spiritual" energy, but again this is outside the realm of science. The laws of thermodynamics neither apply, or have anything to say about this.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 09:29 pm
Re: Would the laws of energy support life after death theory
azure wrote:
gungasnake wrote:
azure wrote:
I had this thought and wanted some input.

Science has not proved or disproved what happens to your conscience after your brain dies.

http://aaevp.com

Thank you for the site. I have actually read up on EVP and find it fasinating.

The claim is that the spirit world can interact with electronic devices. Likewise most if not all ancient religious practices involved static electricity one way or another. Pyramids for instance were gigantic lightning rods with golden tips to conduct electricity. They glowed 24/7; "pyramid" is a Greek and not an Egyptian word and the root part of the word is the same "pyr" ('fire') which we see in pyrotechnics and pyromaniac.

AAEVP appears to be a case of going back to the future.
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 09:45 pm
Microphones are, admittedly, pretty cool...but we've known for a long time that they were capable of recording human voices. That is, after all, what they were designed for. Our world is filled with billions of people, millions of them using electronics to send their voices across nearly every frequency possible...you've got to expect these transmissions to get mixed up every now and then. Or, you can deny it, and call it proof of life after death.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 10:45 pm
They made a movie ("White Noise") about this stuff a short while ago; the evidence is pretty convincing to a lot of people.

Me... I've never yet had Julius Caesar call me up on my TV or tape recorder, but I'll tell you what I HAVE had happen a couple of times. A couple of times I've had a situation where I was having some sort of a really horrible dream about something or other, I mean bad enough that I really needed to get waked up, and sure enough the cell phone would ring and there'd be nobody on it and no number left, and this at four or five AM in the morning, and nobody ever calls me on a cellphone at that hour.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 10:51 pm
Another thing some of you might want to do would be to read through the Egyptian book of the dead and possibly also Dr. Budge's book on Egyptian ideas of the afterlife. Apparently ancient Egyptians viewed the idea of dying about the way we view the idea of moving from D.C. to Baltimore or from Baltimore to D.C.

We assume that a person is either here or there, and either alive or dead. Ancients did not make such distinctions.
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 10:59 pm
1. I saw that movie White Noise (it wasn't very good). But this is a movie, they can make up whatever they want...what's the point?

2. I can't tell you how many times I have woken up and done something in the middle of the night, only to realize I was dreaming it all afterwards. Maybe you were dreaming. If not, a cell phone call doesn't really have anything to do with life after death.

3. The Egyptians aren't exactly credible sources, how could they possible know what the world was about
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2006 12:44 pm
Mary Roach in Spook: Science Tackles the Afterlife examines some of the "experimental" approaches to proving the validity of a world beyond this one.

http://snipurl.com/ldcm
0 Replies

azure

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2006 12:52 pm
stuh505 wrote:
1. I saw that movie White Noise (it wasn't very good). But this is a movie, they can make up whatever they want...what's the point?

2. I can't tell you how many times I have woken up and done something in the middle of the night, only to realize I was dreaming it all afterwards. Maybe you were dreaming. If not, a cell phone call doesn't really have anything to do with life after death.

3. The Egyptians aren't exactly credible sources, how could they possible know what the world was about

Why would the Egyptians not be credible sources on the topic of death?
many ancient cultures were amazing in their knowledge of certain things.
Even today ancient Asian herbs and techniques are used.
0 Replies

azure

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2006 12:55 pm
gungasnake wrote:
Another thing some of you might want to do would be to read through the Egyptian book of the dead and possibly also Dr. Budge's book on Egyptian ideas of the afterlife. Apparently ancient Egyptians viewed the idea of dying about the way we view the idea of moving from D.C. to Baltimore or from Baltimore to D.C.

We assume that a person is either here or there, and either alive or dead. Ancients did not make such distinctions.

Would this book of the dead correlate or be the same thing as the ancient text, "Alchemy Of the Soul?"
I did recently read that, in fact I kept a copy of it and it was very similar in my perspective to thought of enlightenment.
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2006 01:32 pm
azure wrote:
Why would the Egyptians not be credible sources on the topic of death?
many ancient cultures were amazing in their knowledge of certain things.
Even today ancient Asian herbs and techniques are used.

Your second sentence implies that it is evidence for the first, but it's not. Asian herbs and medicinal techniques are very credible because the techniques have literally evolved over a period of 2000 years of trial and error.

Likewise, their beliefs have evolved from trial and error over that time as well...but that doesn't make those beliefs about death or whatever any more credible (and asians arent egyptians) -- there beliefs are about as credible as a secret that was passed along by being whispered through hundreds of generations of ears
0 Replies

azure

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2006 07:15 pm
Its simply fact. They were amazing.
Very true Egyptians are not Asian but it was an example.

I'm confused though as to what your getting at. You said that ancient Egyptians were not credible sources as in regards of death?
Are you saying that we now are? Because I would have to disagree with that one. I know we are far more advanced technology wise but we still have not proved beyond resonable doubt what happens after death and why people have seen the things they did after being clinically dead.
0 Replies