Would the laws of energy support life after death theory?

azure

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 02:00 pm
I had this thought and wanted some input.

Science has not proved or disproved what happens to your conscience after your brain dies.
We do know that science has shown human energy on computer imaging.
One of the laws of energy tells us that energy does not just disappear but infact changes form.

So couldn't the fact that human energy does not die after death maybe weigh towards the idea that we do not cease to exist after death?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,700 • Replies: 31
No top replies

spendius

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 02:15 pm
How old are you azure,which, by the way,is a splendid name.

I know you're only in the Junior Hatchery but you are not supposed to ask such difficult questions when one is so young.
0 Replies

azure

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 02:44 pm
How old am I? I could tell you but its classified information Very Happy
If you have level ten clearance I could give you an estimate Laughing

However according to the forum I'm a newborn; just hatched which might give evidence to the theory that the chicken came before the egg!
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 03:02 pm
It seems like that energy would have to go somewhere. Whether it stays together as an entity or goes off and joins up with other things, I don't know.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 03:03 pm
I've been on cloud 9 for years azure.I didn't know there was something higher.What do I have to do to get clearance for level 10.
0 Replies

azure

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 07:24 pm
Spendius, trust me you would much rather be on cloud nine then to have level ten clearance. Very Happy

Actually currently closer to twenty five then forty but time will change that fact mathematically.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 07:45 pm
What is "human energy" and what device is used to detect it???
0 Replies

azure

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 09:00 pm
human energy could be defined as many different energies just as energy in heat light and motion.
Also electromagnetic energy.

One technology I'm aware of is the following
http://www.biopulsar.com/technology.html
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 09:10 pm
This is not a scientific question.

Scientific laws -- including any laws about energy have nothing to say about what happens to our soul when we die.

What happens to energy, taken in the scientific meaning of the word energy, is simple.

It gets changed to heat and then dissipated into the air as the body cools. This includes any type of physical energy in the brain that can be measured-- whether it is electromagnetic or chemical energy.

The word "energy" can have a different meaning. People sometimes mean a "spiritual" energy, that is the soul or the part of conciousness that can't be explained by the electrochemical reactions in the brain.

This energy can not be studied or even detected using science. Therefore there are no scientific laws that apply.

Whether this energy exists after death is not a question that science can answer.
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 09:20 pm
Quote:
Science has not proved or disproved what happens to your conscience after your brain dies.

There is not yet a scientific explanation for consciousness. All we know is that the brain sustains it; that if the brain shuts down, consciousness is lost. Also, that chemical changes in the brain can effect one's consciousness, ability to think, and emotions.

Quote:

The human body does not have a special form of energy, but it is true that the body does use and radiate energy. Obviously, this energy comes from food and drink that we break down. We exude heat energy. We also have electrical & magnetic fields (same thing) because we are composed of the same atoms that compose everything in the universe which all have electric charges. Our body sends electrical signals called action potential through neurons. This is similar to electrons flowing through a circuit, but instead of electronics travelling at a high speed, we have charged molecles like sodium and potassium crossing lipid membranes. The effect is the same. Most likely, this is the "human energy" you are referring to. We can measure what areas of the brain are active because of the electromagnetic fields that these generate. This type of scanning allows us to see what areas of the brain deal with what functions.

Quote:
One of the laws of energy tells us that energy does not just disappear but infact changes form.

Yes. The energy is not lost. First of all we take in the energy from the food we eat. We lose energy in the form of heat that comes off our bodies and excrement. As our energy supply is reduced, our body begins turning off parts of itself to conserve energy -- thats why we lose bloodflow, etc. Eventually it starts turning off parts of the brain. One of the first areas of the brain to go is the part that allows us to feel morals and spirituality -- thats why people are capable of turning to cannibalism when they are desperately hungry. It no longer occurs to them that it might be "wrong." Eventually consciousness may be shut off, but this does not mean your cells are all dead yet -- they arent. Eventually all your cells will die off from lack of energy, though. Your body is like a wind-up doll that will wind down and stop working if you dont keep putting new energy into it. It takes energy to keep all the cells in the body going. When you run out, you die. You will still have a little bit of energy left, stored as chemical energy, just as energy is stored chemically in a battery. But its not going to last forever.

Quote:
So couldn't the fact that human energy does not die after death maybe weigh towards the idea that we do not cease to exist after death?

Energy doesn't die, like you said it only changes form. For instance, into heat. Our brains use up a lot of energy by thinking and that too creates heat. It also uses a lot of salt and oxygen. So if you're holding your breath underwater, maybe if you try to stop thinking you'll be able to last longer.

In answer to your final question, no that is not possible.

Keeping a consciousness active takes energy. If the body is not getting a continuous supply of energy, then once it runs out of stored energy, stored in the form of sugars and fats etc, then it will turn off your consciousness.
0 Replies

smali

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 11:42 pm
It is
Believe it or not, there is life after death. The creation of this universe was not a coincidence. There is enough evidence in the Quran.

Do not you feel it is weird that life just abruptly ends?
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 11:48 pm
Re: Would the laws of energy support life after death theory
azure wrote:

http://aaevp.com
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 01:27 am
Disconnect the supply of energy to your brain and you will have all the evidence you need [once it is reconnected, that is]
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 01:44 am
All one needs to do is to use the same instruments that measures human energy while alive and after one dies to measure if there is any energy from the dead.

When biological and chemical cells die, we are just plain dead.
0 Replies

azure

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 08:27 am
ebrown_p wrote:
This is not a scientific question.

Scientific laws -- including any laws about energy have nothing to say about what happens to our soul when we die.

What happens to energy, taken in the scientific meaning of the word energy, is simple.

It gets changed to heat and then dissipated into the air as the body cools. This includes any type of physical energy in the brain that can be measured-- whether it is electromagnetic or chemical energy.

The word "energy" can have a different meaning. People sometimes mean a "spiritual" energy, that is the soul or the part of conciousness that can't be explained by the electrochemical reactions in the brain.

This energy can not be studied or even detected using science. Therefore there are no scientific laws that apply.

Whether this energy exists after death is not a question that science can answer.

I agree that what happens to energy in the scientific sense is simple.
I also am aware that certain energy and things as conscious and thought have not been measured nor explained by science but does that really mean that science does not apply to something we have not yet explained? Even before there theories evolve there is a law to be discovered for it if it holds true eventually.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 08:35 am
It has already been explained, in the 1st law of thermodynamics:

Quote:
First Law of Thermodynamics

The first law of thermodynamics is often called the Law of Conservation of Energy. This law suggests that energy can be transferred from one system to another in many forms. However, it can not be created nor destroyed. Thus, the total amount of energy available in the Universe is constant. Einstein's famous equation (written below) describes the relationship between energy and matter:

E = MC2
In the equation above, energy (E) is equal to matter (M) times the square of a constant (C). Einstein suggested that energy and matter are interchangeable. His equation also suggests that the quantity of energy and matter in the Universe is fixed.

http://www.physicalgeography.net/fundamentals/6e.html

Therefore, when we die, we end as human beings, but our body is simply converted into another form.
0 Replies

azure

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 08:44 am
stuh505 wrote:
Disconnect the supply of energy to your brain and you will have all the evidence you need [once it is reconnected, that is]

Stuh, thank you for your former reply. I think it was very well said and sppreciated as well.

However I did want to add one question from your former reply and your last reply above. You said previously;
One of the first areas of the brain to go is the part that allows us to feel morals and spirituality-thats why people are capable of turning to cannabalism.

That would not fit in with a supposed near death experience a person might have when they are pronounced dead. Whether spiritual or not people explain the continuance of thought after the physical body dies that they relate as spiritual. So if spirituality is the first thing to go how can this be explained? It doesn't seem to fit. Science has tried to explain the event as a chemical reaction in the brain when it is dying but why would we lose our spirituality and then get it back at death is what I want to understand.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 08:50 am
Quote:
Science has tried to explain the event as a chemical reaction in the brain when it is dying but why would we lose our spirituality and then get it back at death is what I want to understand.

As far as I have discerned, there is absolutely no evidence that we get ANYTHING back after we are dead!
0 Replies

azure

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 08:54 am
gungasnake wrote:
azure wrote:

http://aaevp.com

Thank you for the site. I have actually read up on EVP and find it fasinating.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 08:55 am
azure wrote:

OK I'll bite:

Where is your evidence to support your claim of so-called "human energy" that "science has shown" on "computer imaging"?

Where is your evidence to support your claim that this so-called "human energy" has anything to do with not ceasing "to exist after death"?

Where is your evidence to support your claim that this so-called "human energy" has anything to do with the "conscience"?

I am not sure where you got your information that "One of the laws of energy tells us that energy does not just disappear but infact changes form." The truth is that energy is not obligated to "change form", it can simply decrease in concentration as per entropy.
0 Replies