praise the lord

Intrepid

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 09:58 pm
All of God's power comes to us through prayer. Through Jesus, all things are possible.
0 Replies

Pauligirl

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 10:13 pm
Insofar as I may be heard by anything, which may or may not care what I say, I ask, if it matters, that you be forgiven for anything you may have done or failed to do which requires forgiveness. Conversely, if not forgiveness but something else may be required to insure any possible benefit for which you may be eligible after the destruction of your body, I ask that this, whatever it may be, be granted or withheld, as the case may be, in such a manner as to insure your receiving said benefit. I ask this in my capacity as your elected intermediary between yourself and that which may not be yourself, but which may have an interest in the matter of your receiving as much as it is possible for you to receive of this thing, and which may in some way be influenced by this ceremony. Amen.
(Roger Zelazny, Creatures of Light and Darkness, © 1969

P
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 10:22 pm
Just out of curiosity, Pauligirl, why would you post the agnostic's prayer in the Praise the Lord thread?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 10:25 pm
"Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me....
I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind, but now, I see.

T'was Grace that taught...
my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear...
the hour I first believed.

Through many dangers, toils and snares...
we have already come.
T'was Grace that brought us safe thus far...
and Grace will lead us home.

The Lord has promised good to me...
His word my hope secures.
He will my shield and portion be...
as long as life endures.

When we've been here ten thousand years...
bright shining as the sun.
We've no less days to sing God's praise...
then when we've first begun.

"Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me....
I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind, but now, I see.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 10:25 pm
I was wondering the same thing myself. Then again, it is at least a prayer....unlike a couple of the early posts from some ;-)
0 Replies

Im the other one

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 11:59 pm
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
Sometimes I have found the Lord's guidance to have led me down the wrong path.

For instance, I went into a job interview. The interviewer told me, "son, if we offer you a job, you have to promise you'll shave that there beard, and get a haircut."

I thought to myself, "WWJD?"

He wouldn't shave. I never got the job, and here I am, still working the drive-thru at Taco Bell.

Laughing
0 Replies

Im the other one

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 12:00 am
Momma Angel wrote:
Ok, this is the best place to share my news!

We sold our property! We get out of debt completely! We get to move back to our real home!

Thank you Jesus. Praise God for all His goodness and mercy!

Very Happy
0 Replies

Im the other one

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 12:02 am
I'm the other one wrote:
Momma Angel wrote:
Ok, this is the best place to share my news!

We sold our property! We get out of debt completely! We get to move back to our real home!

Thank you Jesus. Praise God for all His goodness and mercy!

Very Happy

For some reason my words didn't go thru. hmmm...

Yay!

Congratulaions ma! Very Happy
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 01:02 am
Thank you, I'm the other one. I cannot tell you what a miracle this turned out to be. First, we got an offer on the property for $12,000 less than what we were asking for it.

Then this couple offered full price if we can vacate in three months! We be outta here!
0 Replies

Im the other one

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 01:22 am
Whoo-Hoo!!!

I'm so glad I have God in my life...things seem to fall into place, sometimes it takes patience and enduring strength, but it's all well worth it.
I'm happy for you!!!
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 01:25 am
It is such a weight off of my husband's shoulders. Since I lost my job, it's been tough financially. Now, we will be able to live comfortably on what he makes and the little I bring in with my work at home stuff.

God is an awesome God! He reigns! He rocks!
0 Replies

Im the other one

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 01:29 am
And he rains on rocks!

I feel truely blessed.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 01:30 am
I love it! He rains on rocks!
0 Replies

Im the other one

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 01:33 am
Heehee, silly me.

I love your new avatar.

I will contact you momma, been so busy, but I will.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 01:38 am
I'm the other one,

Here is a bigger picture of her. I think she's a beautiful angel.

http://img372.imageshack.us/img372/6757/bannerangel9iy.jpg
0 Replies

Im the other one

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 02:21 am
Woooooowwwwwww.....she is beautiful. Shocked

The doves reminds me of a day one came my way....it was awesome!

Cool
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 02:47 am
She is a goddess...

http://www.subtextopedia.com/Wanda/pictures/7309-4w.jpg
0 Replies

eseedgar

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 05:42 am
JESUS IS OVER HERE NOW
One day the Ese was out walking the beach. As he was walking, each footstep he made a moment from his life would pass through the sky. As he looked down he noticed another set of footprints alongside his. The Ese thought to himself, 'hey, who the hell's walking here, eh?' and kept walking. However, he noticed that during the most troubling times in the Ese's life there was only one set, and though, 'hey, where that other clown go . . . scumbag?' As he got to the end of the beach, he realized that the second set of footprints in the sand belonged to NOMAHHH, who was standing down the end of the path. When the Ese got to him, he said, "NOMAHHHH, that homah you hit over the monstah was wicked pissah, you are wicked bettah than Jetah! NOMAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!" To which, NOMAHH replied, "Yeah, yeah, yeah, don't you want to talk about the footprints (and, umm, by the way Ese, can I get your Autograph?)" "Sure, kid. Oh, yeah, hey, the Ese would like to thank you Nomah for being with him every step of the way. But, hey, there is only one set of prints during the tough times, scumbag. Where the fvck were you?" "Well, the Ese, you see, during those difficult times, that is when I . . . was banging doo_hoo's sister." "Oh, can't blame you there. The Ese always enjoyed banging her ass." "Ese, I know, man, look back. I was with you, my son.""Oh, yeah, thanks . . . actually, hey, wait, that's kind of wierd, dude. What the hell, man? Ah, whatever, NOMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!"
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 12:52 pm
Dear God,

Please have mercy on those that take your name in vain and twist and pervert your words for their own pleasure. God I ask that you remove this desire to do these things from their hearts. We know this is not of you God. We wish peace in the hearts of all men. We ask that you guide us everyday in what we do and how we deal with others.

In the name of our Beloved Savior, Jesus Christ the Lord, Amen.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 12:54 pm
Amen
0 Replies