TIMOTHY TREADWELL--wilderness advocate , or total nut.

Amigo

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2006 06:50 pm
Timothy Treadmill reminds me of Cris McCandless the subject of Jon Krackauers book "into the wild" about this promising college kid that gives away his money, leaves college and walks away from everything with a backpack and a sack of rice. He end op in Alaska.

You've got to respect Treadmill but at the same time you just shake your head at his foolishness.

No way in hell I would mess with them polar bears. I won't even mess with black bears.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2006 05:53 am
Cept they were grizzlies. There is a great video on "Into the Wild" Krakauer didnt get right up and personal with grizzlies, he had a very big gun , and he wanted to stay alive and comfortable. Treadwell was just mugging and explaining how he would "die for his grizzlies"

We should be careful what we wish for.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2006 12:17 pm
Quote:
We should be careful what we wish for.

Especially when the local, listening grizzlies are hungry.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2006 02:01 pm
"Into the Wild" is a great read. When I was a lot younger, that sort of self-exile appealed to me at times. Fortunately, I never tried it. I wouldn't have last long...
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2006 03:19 pm
I'm definitely going to go get that video on "into the wild" and what about his book "into thin air"? The book has a couple of people in it like the investors farmerman was talking about that walked up to those polar bear cubs to take pictures. Their probably used to being treated special. I'd like to see them negotiate with a poler bear. Laughing

Headline: INVESTORS KILLED TRYING TO NEGOTIATE WITH POLER BEAR.
0 Replies