Offending Threads

Setanta

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 07:37 am
I resent that--i assert that i have a perfect right as the citizen of a free republic to indulge all the abject stupidity my little heart desires. If the imaginary friend crowd can do it, so can i.

Take a nerve pill, carrot-breath.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 07:46 am
Bestiality is against the law, for humans.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 09:27 am
Lucky for you, eh bunny? Wink
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 10:04 am
Setanta wrote:
I resent that--i assert that i have a perfect right as the citizen of a free republic to indulge all the abject stupidity my little heart desires.

Yeah, and you find it so easy to do! Laughing
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 11:03 am
IronLionZion wrote:
This forum is severely mal-moderated. It's one of the reasons I left.

And then came back to post the above?
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 11:07 am
msolga wrote:
Agreed. But I think sometimes some posters should count to 10 before they post ...... You know: "I'm losing the argument & my ego's bruised ... I can't come up with convincing counter-arguments & I'm just gonna hit out with offensive statements (about the issue under discussion)!"

I also agree. In the few times that I have lashed out on this board, I always have regretted it later.

Much better to turn the other cheek for the most part and ignore negative comments about oneself. At least, in theory! Laughing

There are times where it's okay, but best to counter with cool-headed counter-comments.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 11:08 am
I'm not prone to lash out, I don't refrain from doing it either.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 11:14 am
When I get really pissed, I usually walk away from the computer for a bit. When I come back later, and other posts have been written in the interim, I usually realize that venting my spleen is counterproductive.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 11:20 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
I am normally a peace loving person, opting for negotiation, rather than confrontation. Lately though, on A2K, I have oft been obliged to keep my hands in my pockets, so that I will keep my hands off the keyboard, and not succumb to violently trashing the abject stupidity that I am perceiving on some of the A2K threads.

Oh yeah!

But then, I remember what Edgar just said (see sig line).
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 11:26 am
dyslexia wrote:
I'm not prone to lash out, I don't refrain from doing it either.

And we love you for that, dys!

http://64.40.99.49/Multimedia%5Cpics%5C1384%5C5%5Cphoto%5C655.jpg
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 11:33 am
Setanta wrote:
'K . . . it's in the stereotypic character of my ancestors to love a good fight. Whether or not the stereotype is justified, i reached a point at Afuzz, before this site existed, at which i would not back down from the flame trolls--so although i may have a bad reputation here, i don't regret it. When others are civil to me, i remain civil to them. When others sneer at me, i sneer right back.

I think that, in real life, you are a cuddly old fart really. Just like the rest of us.

I know what you mean about loving a good fight though. I have some days when I have to jump through hoops to win certain situations at work, and this definitely gives me the required adrenaline fix. On those days, I tend to be under the influence of the "afterbuzz", and remain in that frame of mind when I come onto A2K.
Other days, everything is mellow at work and I find myself trying to outdo my previous attempts in the A2K stupidity league table. I have now realised that I enjoy a good verbal tussle at least twice a week.

Two things I cannot stand though, are :
a)The bully who just enters a thread in order to sneer and belittle, and

b) People who refuse to listen and yet provide no apparent input to the debate.

More often than not, a particular poster will tick both these boxes, and I feel myself somehow compelled to join the fray. I was the same at school, although that was more fisticuffs, and normally ended up with ME being reprimanded for sticking my nose in when it wasn't my business.

My wife says that I am still like it NOW! Just last week we passed a man who was shouting at his wife in the High Street, whilst jabbing her in the chest with his finger. My wife had to literally physically restrain me from turning around and sticking my oar in.

It's just the way we are, I suppose. Some like to pick a fight and prove their superiority at all costs, while others like to chip in and try to show that person what an idiot he/she is.

One day I'll mellow down and turn the other cheek.....I admire the people that can do this, as infighting is such a waste of life, after all.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 11:35 am
Reyn wrote:
Phoenix32890 wrote:
I am normally a peace loving person, opting for negotiation, rather than confrontation. Lately though, on A2K, I have oft been obliged to keep my hands in my pockets, so that I will keep my hands off the keyboard, and not succumb to violently trashing the abject stupidity that I am perceiving on some of the A2K threads.

Oh yeah!

But then, I remember what Edgar just said (see sig line).

Reyn- Maybe I am a bit spoiled, and somewhat territorial. I am used to a certain level of sophistication and intelligence on A2K. As of late, there has been a shift in demographics, and maybe that is to what I am reacting.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 12:04 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Reyn- Maybe I am a bit spoiled, and somewhat territorial. I am used to a certain level of sophistication and intelligence on A2K. As of late, there has been a shift in demographics, and maybe that is to what I am reacting.

Yes, I see what you mean. I suppose it's the nature of a forum like this. There are still many folks around who have been here from Day One, albeit perhaps not as active.

I guess some come here for various reasons. Fortunately, it's a big forum with room for most everybody to do "their own thing". Sometimes, it gets out-of-hand.

Although I'm a late-comer here, I can't stand newbies who have a half a dozen posts to themselves, and criticize the forum and those who help run it.

I've not been here quite a year yet, but feel I have contributed a few things and hope to be treated as a "regular" now.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 12:13 pm
rain, just having me ‏(فعل) يتملق, يتزلف الى, يداهن‏ you puts you into the "regular" status. I don't ‏(فعل) يتملق, يتزلف الى, يداهن‏ just anyone you know.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 12:14 pm
Reyn wrote:
I've not been here quite a year yet, but feel I have contributed a few things and hope to be treated as a "regular" now.

Personally, I think that you are a very valuable member of A2K! Very Happy
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 12:17 pm
On ocassion I even ‏(فعل) يتملق, يتزلف الى, يداهن‏ Phoenix.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 12:23 pm
dyslexia wrote:

Dys- You promised that you would never tell! Sad
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 12:25 pm
dyslexia wrote:

I've often thought about it, but have never worked up the courage to ask.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 12:28 pm
‏(فعل) يتملق, يتزلف الى, يداهن‏ arabic, means "cajole"
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 12:30 pm
No it don't, it means cojones . . .
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Offending Threads
  3. » Page 6
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 06/02/2024 at 07:11:10