Jews for Jesus -- What a Sham

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 02:25 pm
How is it possible that a Jew worship Jesus yet be a good Jew and a good
Christian?

It is a religious hypocrisy -- Judaism doesn't believe in sons-of-g-ds and virgins and all that -- while Christianity doesn't believe in the application of the "Old Testament" --

It's just like Chrismukkah -- the blend of religious beliefs to make a corrupted religion (or religious celebration) meaningless.

How is it that people get lured to these kinds of organizations?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 664 • Replies: 15
No top replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 02:34 pm
when it comes to religion people are basically stupid.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 02:48 pm
Quote:
Poll :: Is Jews For Jesus (Hebrew Christians) a valid religious movement?

as valid as any other religious movement
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 02:50 pm
dyslexia wrote:
when it comes to religion people are basically stupid.

Does it always come down to being stupid?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 02:58 pm
Huh?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 03:12 pm
JoshuaAri wrote:

I know of a few people who are involved with organizations of which you speak. I have always been suspicious of the people who are funding these groups. I suspect that this might be a way for fundamentalist Christians to convert Jews to Christianity in ways that are comfortable and familiar to the converts.

Like most groups that proselytize, they seek the lonely, the troubled, and those who have not come to grips with their own existence.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 03:15 pm
If people want to be part of Jews for Jesus what should it matter? If it gives them that gushy wushy feeling of contentment and serene security I figure let 'em have at it just as long as they don't force me into it along with them.

Anyway JoshuaAri I noticed you didn't bother to give any links to any of the Jews for Jesus sites which are on the web so I googled up a few so readers here can get a better idea what these folks are all about and make their decisions based with a little more knowledge than could be gained from your brief statement.
Jews For Jesus
The Canadian link
Another website
An Australian Link
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 03:19 pm
Quote:
Jews for Jesus is a not-for-profit, 501(c)3 organization. We trust God for the funding of Jews for Jesus, and He has provided through caring Christians. Each missionary raises his or her own support. Jews for Jesus is not a church, so we ask our Christian friends to support their local churches first. Then we ask people to prayerfully consider giving to our ministry as well. We welcome the support of all Christians, though we particularly appreciate those who include our ministry in their regular missions giving. For those wishing to support our work, we have provided a secure online donation page here.

http://www.jfjonline.org/about/finances.htm

Sturgis- Bingo! Thanks for the link!
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 03:24 pm
This is from their founders bio....

"Is dead set against abortion, but is willing to consider infanticide considering how some children behave in restaurants."

Shocked
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 03:33 pm
Er...joke organisation?

Soinds a but like Kinky Friedmans Band.....The Texas Jewboys.
0 Replies

GeneralTsao

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 09:19 pm
I think people here are forgetting that "Jewish" is not only a religion, but also thought of as a nationality--or culture (being that Israeli would actually be the nationality).

So, yes, a Jewish person may decide to become a follower of Jesus Christ, and believe He is the messiah (for Whom the orthodox Jews are still awaiting).
Many Jews have been Christians ever since JC walked the earth. Most did not become Christians, however ("a prophet is not welcome in his hometown").

<i>Christianity doesn't believe in the application of the "Old Testament"</i>

Actually, Christianity is inclusive of most of the old testament, excepting the animal sacrifices and the rituals which were superceded by JC's death and rising.

<i>when it comes to religion people are basically stupid. </i>

The surest sign of a person who has no intellectual argument is that he resorts to name-calling.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 10:28 pm
Why? After seeing how some children act in restaruants, not to mention laundromats, I can understand why some species eat their young.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 11:00 am
Re: Jews for Jesus -- What a Sham
JoshuaAri wrote:
How is it possible that a Jew worship Jesus yet be a good Jew and a good
Christian?

It is a religious hypocrisy -- Judaism doesn't believe in sons-of-g-ds and virgins and all that -- while Christianity doesn't believe in the application of the "Old Testament" --

It's just like Chrismukkah -- the blend of religious beliefs to make a corrupted religion (or religious celebration) meaningless.

Have you never read the New Testament?

Paul the Apostle -- Jewish

the 12 Apostles -- Jewish

the 3000 that heard Peter on the day of Pentecost and became followers of Christ -- Jewish

most of the early Christians from Acts chapter 1 to chapter 10 -- Jewish

In fact, Peter and the Apostles had to be persuaded that it was OK for non-Jews to become Christians, and it took a vision to convince them that it was OK with God.

And in case you forgot, Jesus ( the One that Christians follow) -- Jewish
0 Replies

Im the other one

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 06:06 pm
roger wrote:
Why? After seeing how some children act in restaruants, not to mention laundromats, I can understand why some species eat their young.

I love kids. I just can't eat a whole one.

Oh, that was bad.....
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 06:09 pm
personally i always figured it would be a pretty good trade
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 03:15 pm
I'm the other one wrote:
roger wrote:

I love kids. I just can't eat a whole one.

Oh, that was bad.....

But taken in small quantities,......... Cool
0 Replies