Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2005 04:58 pm
Included in human nature is an intense love. Even, because of the power of imagination, man fancies a sort of immortality in everything he loves. Whenever he thinks of or sees their passing, he cries out from the depths of his being. All the lamentations at separation are interpretations of the weeping resulting from love of immortality. If there was no imagined immortality, there would be no love. It might even be said that a reason for the existence of the eternal realm and everlasting Paradise is the intense desire for immortality arising from that passionate love of immortality, and from the innate and general prayer for immortality. The Enduring One of Glory accepted man's intense, unshakeable, innate desire and his powerful, effective, general prayer, for He created for transient man an eternal realm.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 702 • Replies: 10
No top replies

msolga

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2005 05:04 pm
I've come to the conclusion that a bit of detachment in these matters is a very desirable & sensible thing! Very Happy
0 Replies

kevnmoon

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2005 05:10 pm
msolga wrote:
I've come to the conclusion that a bit of detachment in these matters is a very desirable & sensible thing! Very Happy

Hi
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2005 06:05 pm
Gee kev-that's pretty good.

Do you think we can do anything to change it?It is a bit crazy you must admit.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2005 10:26 pm
kevnmoon wrote:
msolga wrote:

Hi

Hi yourself, kev! And a big welcome to A2K, you serious, serious person! Very Happy
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2005 10:30 pm
Welcome to a2k, kev. You will certainly have fun here.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2005 10:51 pm
kev, do you also mean God and the afterlife are an invention out of this love of immortality?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2005 10:54 pm
Ese . . . Beaner . . . watcha doin' in this thread?
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2005 11:02 pm
All these crazyass religious threads have me walking around in a fog. It's not good for mexicans to ask themselves such questions all of America could go in to a tailspin. All the lawns would go to hell. The crops would rot, Your couldn't get your car re-apholsterd.

Hi Set
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2005 11:03 pm
Wassup home slice?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2005 11:05 pm
You need some lighter fare, Holmes . . . go to the "Is Santa Real?" thread . . . i've just posted a link which proivdes positive proof that Santa is real, and we know where he is and what he's up to . . .
0 Replies