All about x-mas

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2005 03:15 pm
We often hear 'what would Jesus do?'
Yet what we think he would do, for the most part, seems governed by what we want to do.

How about, 'what would Jesus think?'

Here is what I am totally unqualified to even express as any sort of qualified non educated guess about 'What would Jesus think about x-mas?' Please keep in mind I am standing behind my disclaimer: this is all just wild speculation and mainly something that arose from a playful attempt at expressing my thoughts.
For those who have an irrational need to think Jesus is communicating with the world, then if it helps, these are the actual words of Jesus, told to me by Jesus, Himself, last night when we went to eat at Arby's:

Laughing

I think, first of all, He'd say:

'You are assigning your empty celebrations to the wrong day. You have the wrong day because it was not revealed on purpose--for I knew you would do this.'

Then He might say:

'What is the cause for celebration, anyway?
Did I not enter the world in no more different a form or manner than any one of you?
I was born into death and you celebrate. Later my death opened the matrix and I became the first begotten of the dead--born first so that you could then be born, too.
And yet you speak of my death in the same sentence that you talk about sin. Hypocrites! You remain more dead than alive.
The doors of the kingdom are standing wide open. Why do you wait for the key I left in your safekeeping?
Oh ye of little faith, did you not realize that your servitude was over when I removed the shackles of death? And yet your thoughts are consumed more by sin than about showing love.
Verily I say to you, love is the only christmas gift that every really counted. I gave it to you, and my Father gave it to me.
My commandment I give to you, that my Father gave to me: that which freely you have received you must freely give to each other.
These words are life and love is life.'

Last He might say:

'If you have loved ones, in the mall, bring them out immediately. I am going to utterly destroy it from the face of the earth. Come out of the mall, all people!'
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 822 • Replies: 15
No top replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2005 03:23 pm
You had dinner with Jesus and he took you to Arby's?

I think he might say "You know those Bratz dolls? They totally suck."
0 Replies

queen annie

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2005 04:42 pm
He did! Were you there, too? You were eavesdropping, weren't you?

Just introduce yourself next time...He'll treat you to dinner, too. And He's really interesting--at least from the little bit I comprehended. The sum of which is now posted publicly...
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2005 09:37 am
I tend to abstain from fast food but I suppose that when noshing with Jesus the calories don't count.

He's amazing that way.

Next time you guys do lunch ask him why if the door to the kingdom is wide open why in the heck is there a key and doesn't he know better than to trust us to keep anything safe?

I can't even find my car key and since the car is actually in the driveway the key HAS to be somewhere in my house.
0 Replies

queen annie

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 09:29 pm
boomerang wrote:
Next time you guys do lunch ask him why if the door to the kingdom is wide open why in the heck is there a key and doesn't he know better than to trust us to keep anything safe?

Well, what He said is hard to repeat verbatim--but I understood Him perfectly and what I can tell you is that you certainly have not been entrusted with anything in vain--the key is something you have with you all the time!

I have read your posts about Mo and so I know with certainty that you are in possession of the 'key' at this very moment.

Hint: it's safe within you in the same place that feels sometimes as if it might burst when you look at Mo, or hold him, or sometimes just think about him....

Can you guess?

Quote:
I can't even find my car key and since the car is actually in the driveway the key HAS to be somewhere in my house.

He also had a quick way of getting around ignition locks and such--I'll tell you about that later... Laughing
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 10:05 pm
Hey, Jesus told me I was the only one he was tight with! That charismatic con!

I always picture Jesus thinking "What is up with you people? You are still talking about me? Freaks." Smile
0 Replies

queen annie

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 10:21 pm
Laughing

I guess if you're gonna be 'two-timed'--who better than Jesus? He's way better than the Fonz--and I like that his hair is 'au natural.' No 'Lucky Tiger Oil' for the anointed!

I guess it is all about sharing, in the end, anyway. Smile
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2005 07:07 pm
Fade in...

Jesus: Hey, nice handbasket!

Me: Thanks. I made it myself with some paving stones that someone left at my house and forgot to pick up.

Jesus: Sweet!

Me: You can borrow it if you want to....

Jesus: Uh, thanks but no thanks.

Fade out.....
0 Replies

queen annie

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2005 04:08 pm
'Where am I going and why am I in this handbasket?!?'

Laughing
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 01:50 pm
queen annie, for years I struggled with the issue of christmas. To celebrate or not to celebrate. To buy presents or not buy presents. Really what would Jesus do? That's not His real birthday. It's a pagan holiday molded into the image of a christian holiday. That's my oppinion. I don't celebrate it.

you said:

Quote:
We often hear 'what would Jesus do?'
Yet what we think he would do, for the most part, seems governed by what we want to do.

You are right, however, not all christians are like that. Not everyone who goes to church is actually a christian. Not everyone who celebrates christmas is a pagan. There are a lot of people in this world. Each one with their own perspective. There own idea. Your idea, from what I gather from the rest of your post is Jesus doesn't speak to the world, but there are those that believe He does. I happen to be one of them. Smile I don't frown on or judge those who don't believe the same as I. That would then imply that I think I'm better than them. Which I don't. I think everyone is unique and priceless in their own way.

Believing what I believe though I must say that even in the sarcastic tone your words came out in, I believe you what you said is quite accurate. Not that what I believe has any real relevance to this whole issue in reality. Razz
0 Replies

queen annie

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 05:07 pm
hephzibah wrote:
queen annie, for years I struggled with the issue of christmas. <snip>I don't celebrate it.

I feel you--I have also struggled with this same issue, for years. This year was not a problem, though--and I don't celebrate it, either--at least not in the way I always had up until the years of struggling with it.

Quote:
There are a lot of people in this world.

All created by the same Creator, regardless of name and other details--the only common idea to all of us is LOVE. And God is LOVE--and we all can love--it is a global concept.

Quote:
Your idea, from what I gather from the rest of your post is Jesus doesn't speak to the world, but there are those that believe He does. I happen to be one of them. Smile

Actually, that isn't my idea--mine is actually the same as yours. But this came from my observations regarding this issue and more and more problematic between the various groups that still identify themselves as members of a certain group rather than members of the human race.

Quote:
I think everyone is unique and priceless in their own way.

I do, too. I see 'proof' of God, and Christ, in every single face I look into-even those that many might deem 'ugly' or 'evil.' I see them as just hurting and wounded--and it is the leaving out of some in favor of the idea of God being an exclusive Savior that I object to, at every opportunity. This is why I do not ever, and have not ever, presented myself as a 'christian' even though all my goals are ultimately rooted in the idea of following Christ's example as well as His footsteps. I also have a sense of what it might mean to blasphemy God's name--make it out to not be truly representative of His true Nature--which is again, LOVE.

However, what I say is not intended as any kind of judgment or criticism of anyone, at all. I know that those who do not yet realize God is our common denominator as human souls, and condemn others for not being of the same mind they are--I know they cannot help it right now--they are truly blind. None of us can avoid the pits that we cannot detect. But we are all brothers, and must care for each other as such.

But if some us can see those hazards, should we not help others to begin to see? As well as those who see differently, but yet see--although are being constantly 'bumped into' and 'ran over' by those who still don't know they cannot see? Even seeing some of the hazards does not mean one sees all the hazards--but others do, and hopefully we can all share what we see and keep one another safe from pits and traps.

Quote:
Believing what I believe though I must say that even in the sarcastic tone your words came out in, I believe you what you said is quite accurate.

I sure didn't mean to come off as sounding sarcastic. I also realize that you don't know me, except for probably this post, and maybe some of my others here at A2K. But I haven't posted much, and I have told many times that what I might seem to be, at first, and what I really am, when known, is very different. Not conflicting, though--just more of an enigmatic fashion, maybe. I am extremely blunt, but my esteem for being truthful and doing all things in a manner consistent with my inner self--essentially integrity--is the highest of all my personal 'values.' I don't believe in sparing feelings if such a thing causes greater harm later on.

And so, having said all that---

my words were meant more as a 'wakeup call' or maybe a 'invitation for private contemplation' to those who believe more in the idea of christianity than in the Ideal of Christ...

Sometimes it takes more than a poke or two to stir things up...and it's not always kind to be kind. Sometimes it seems rather rough. I just want to make people think, regardless of what they might think of me, or what I believe. That doesn't matter, in my opinion--I'm not worried about justifying what my mind understands to anyone else, I can't even explain it, anyway. But I do worry about people and about how they feel toward God and how God feels toward them. God loves us all, but hardly anyone feels compelled to make this known, or even investigate the possibility of such a thing. Christians don't suffer for this, but the world in general does, and if it is anyone's 'fault' or 'responsibility' what the world thinks about God and His nature--it is of those who proclaim to know Him that are in that position--and most take that upon themselves, rather than allow God to appoint them, but the results are not beneficial to anyone involved.

IMHO, that is.

Quote:
Not that what I believe has any real relevance to this whole issue in reality. Razz

Well, sure it does. So does mine. But then again, you're right--it doesn't. And neither does mine. Do you dig? Very Happy

I appreciate your comments, though, and I hope I clarified for you where I was coming from, I don't want to make the wrong impression, for whatever reason.
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 07:54 am
Quote:
Actually, that isn't my idea--mine is actually the same as yours. But this came from my observations regarding this issue and more and more problematic between the various groups that still identify themselves as members of a certain group rather than members of the human race.

This is a great statement! I never would have thought to word it this way! I definitely couldn't have said this better myself!

First let me apologize. I read this post several times before I responded because I did not want to misinterpret it's meaning. I still did though. Razz After reading the continued comments after the original post I was left with the question, "Ok is she poking fun at herself by her comments?, or poking fun at those that believe God still speaks?" What really threw me for a loop was that I knew that what you said in the original post was correct. I'm sorry queen annie. I shouldn't have assumed or guessed. I should have asked.

You are indeed different than most. But I believe that is a very good quality. It is the quality of one who is strong on the inside as well as the outside. You are a rare find, and I think that's awesome. There really are not too many who are willing to stand up for what they believe in regardless of what others think or say.

Quote:
I am extremely blunt, but my esteem for being truthful and doing all things in a manner consistent with my inner self--essentially integrity--is the highest of all my personal 'values.'

Quote:
and if it is anyone's 'fault' or 'responsibility' what the world thinks about God and His nature--it is of those who proclaim to know Him that are in that position--and most take that upon themselves, rather than allow God to appoint them, but the results are not beneficial to anyone involved.

We seem to believe a lot of the same things. That for me is awesome. It has been a rare thing for me to meet anyone who could see even a few of the things you've talked about here. So thank you for being so strait forward about it.

Quote:
Well, sure it does. So does mine. But then again, you're right--it doesn't. And neither does mine. Do you dig?

Yeah I dig! Very Happy

Quote:
I do, too. I see 'proof' of God, and Christ, in every single face I look into-even those that many might deem 'ugly' or 'evil.' I see them as just hurting and wounded--and it is the leaving out of some in favor of the idea of God being an exclusive Savior that I object to, at every opportunity. This is why I do not ever, and have not ever, presented myself as a 'christian' even though all my goals are ultimately rooted in the idea of following Christ's example as well as His footsteps.

I agree 100%. I don't call myself a "christian" anymore. I think a few times here I've referred to being a "christian" but mainly to clarify my position on something, or the perspective I was coming from. I hesitate to even do that sometimes though merely because of what being "christian" has become. I went through a stage where I said, "No, I am not a "christian". I am a disciple of Jesus Christ." LOL Yeah, that didn't last to long. I came to terms with who I am finally. I realized that who I am is ok, regardless of what the "church" says, regarless of what other "christians" say, and regardless of what people who don't believe in God say. Nothing can change that. The fact of the matter is God made me different and I can't change that. For years it was a thorn in my flesh, so to speak, because I wanted the acceptance of others. I thought I needed it.

I stopped going to church about two years ago. Believe it or not, God asked me to leave. I didn't want to, and I fought with Him about it for six months before I finally did it. But when I left is when I began to really see the truth for what it is. The truth about myself, the truth about "christians", the truth about the shananagins that those "groups" put on, and how that looks to those on the outside. I got to feel what it feels like to be on the outside of such a "group" and how much it hurts. I began to see all the false idea's and concepts I had been taught by the people who lead the church. Not to say that all who are pastors teach bad things, because I don't believe either. However I do believe that for the most part "church" has become a place for "christians" to socialize, rather than to hear about God. A place to get a free ticket to heaven while you sit in a high place (as you see it) and condemn those who don't aren't like you, who don't believe what you believe, and who don't look like you look.

I believe a lot of those IN the "church" are just as lost as they proclaim those outside the "church" are. If not more so. They just can't see it because they hide behind their bibles, they hide behind their words, and they hide behind the fact that they go to "church" every Sunday. They are too busy looking at the mistakes of those around them to recognize their own. When the fact of the matter is they are just as hurting and wounded as the rest of the world. They're just too proud to admit it. Whew... Ok enough said. LOL
0 Replies

queen annie

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 11:56 pm
hephzibah~

It is truly a delight to make your acquaintance--and I look forward to further discussions. Smile

You are a rare find, for me, too! I have more to say about what you've shared with your words, from your heart, which is dearly appreciated--but I will have to return to share my thoughts a bit later.

Until then...
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 12:04 am
I am looking forward to it! Smile
0 Replies

queen annie

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2006 01:37 am
hephzibah wrote:
First let me apologize. I read this post several times before I responded because I did not want to misinterpret it's meaning. I still did though. Razz

Not a problem at all--seriously. Very Happy

Quote:
You are indeed different than most.
Actually, it's all about thorns...

Quote:
For years it was a thorn in my flesh, so to speak,

Wink

Quote:
I hesitate to even do that sometimes though merely because of what being "christian" has become.

Exactly. I feel strongly about that.

Quote:
I came to terms with who I am finally.

A child of God?

( Child of god sitting in the sun...Giving peace of mind )

Quote:
I realized that who I am is ok, regardless

That's right. Regardless.

Quote:
Believe it or not, God asked me to leave.
I don't doubt that a bit.

Quote:
I began to see all the false idea's and concepts I had been taught by the people who lead the church. Not to say that all who are pastors teach bad things, because I don't believe either.

Neither do I. But that doesn't mean I must subject myself to ideas that are someone else's--about my Creator. Same goes for everyone.

We have already been set free, but not many recognize it yet.

Quote:
They are too busy looking at the mistakes of those around them to recognize their own. When the fact of the matter is they are just as hurting and wounded as the rest of the world. They're just too proud to admit it. Whew...

Or scared, perhaps. It is scary to be human. Something we all must overcome.

But we must help each other, not ourselves. That way everyone is taken care of.
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2006 11:03 pm
Quote:
Or scared, perhaps. It is scary to be human. Something we all must overcome.

But we must help each other, not ourselves. That way everyone is taken care of.

Good point! Unfortunately I can still tend to be critical sometimes because I get angry about stuff. (not excusing it, just recognizing)

You are right though, it's about helping others and not ourselves!

HA! I'm so glad you are here! Very Happy
0 Replies