ok you all say.

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2005 02:18 pm
ok you all say we need proof of god.no matter what you atheist say iam not going to change my faith.i want proof of evolution.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 593 • Replies: 14
No top replies

Doktor S

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2005 02:24 pm
Re: ok you all say.
partyjohn wrote:
ok you all say we need proof of god.no matter what you atheist say iam not going to change my faith.i want proof of evolution.

There is plenty of evidence for evolution, you need only look. If there wasn't the theory would have been scrapped into a figurative mountain of other unsupported theories.
Anyway, what has evolution to do with the existence of 'deity'? The overwhelming majority of educated christians accept evolution as a fact.

You know, the ones that realize 'evolution' has nothing to do with 'abiogenesis', which is what you REALLY have a problem with.

You are free to 'believe' anything you like. One of the joys of a free society. Just don't expect anyone that knows how to think rationally to take you seriously until you can build a coherant case.
0 Replies

partyjohn

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2005 02:27 pm
what do you all believe we came from monkeys or the big bang theory.
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2005 02:30 pm
I 'believe' you haven't done enough of your own research to even be discussing this.
'came from monkeys' indeed! *snort*
READ!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution
http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/evolution-definition.html
http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evosite/evo101/IIntro.shtml
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2005 02:38 pm
partyjohn,

If you look up "Polkinghorne" on Google you will find that this scientist who is also a famous Christian theologian completely accepts the Big Bang and evolution.

It is false to assume that "faith" depends on a literal interpretation of the bible. And it is also false to assume that "thoeries" require "proof" for their acceptance.

The difference between science and faith is that science responds to "counter evidence" by revising its theories, whereas faith does not.
0 Replies

partyjohn

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2005 02:39 pm
well i dont know.i believe we are created by god.
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2005 02:41 pm
partyjohn wrote:
well i dont know.i believe we are created by god.

Why?
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2005 04:02 pm
Read the Evolution thread partyjohn, it's ver interesting.

Maybe God created evolution and he was the big bang - ever look at it that way?
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2005 04:13 pm
Re: ok you all say.
partyjohn wrote:

Look around you...evolution is everywhere. You may have a rough time grasping this concept; but you can believe that God created the Heavens and the Earth and all the creatures and things here; but evolution can also be part of your beliefs. Take it from me, as I have both.

You see, God was a wise spirit who knew that the best types of life sources...be they animals or plants...would be able to adapt to their region of living. This is evolution in its most simple and primitive form. Stop fighting it, learn to accept and embrace the beauty of it all.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2005 04:15 pm
I disagree. That is, if you are a person who believes in all of the bible, and not just the parts you like.

If you are a true believer, then evolution is not a possibility. You must believe in the story of creation that is in the bible. Seven days, let there be light, all that crap...it's the word of god, isn't it? You can't pick and choose what parts of god's words you want to believe.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2005 04:17 pm
Yeah. Even the bits where God creates everything twice.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2005 04:18 pm
kickycan wrote:
You can't pick and choose what parts of god's words you want to believe.

Sure I can, after all I have been given free will. Laughing
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2005 04:20 pm
Yes, but you're going straight to hell for it! Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2005 04:21 pm
kickycan wrote:
I disagree. That is, if you are a person who believes in all of the bible, and not just the parts you like.

If you are a true believer, then evolution is not a possibility. You must believe in the story of creation that is in the bible. Seven days, let there be light, all that crap...it's the word of god, isn't it? You can't pick and choose what parts of god's words you want to believe.

This assumes a rational mind, which is hardly a commodity or a virtue among the faithful
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2005 04:26 pm
kickycan wrote:
Yes, but you're going straight to hell for it! Twisted Evil

And a few other things as well...the good thing is I'll get my own cauldron!
0 Replies