neologist

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2014 10:44 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
If you can't figure out what,
Quote:
criminal law is based upon a theory of punishing the vicious will,
that's a problem you'll have to figure out on your own.
I already did. So, what's your point. vicious will is also free will. But I submit not all legal cases are related to vicious will. Free will, yes.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2014 11:16 pm
@neologist,
You still don't 'get it.' I'm not here to teach you anything, and you're too stubborn anywhose. I'm otta here.

BTW, I'm putting you on Ignore.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2014 10:40 pm
Quote:
Romeo said: For example Satan has already convinced JW's to let their kids die for want of a transfusion!
Neologist replied: He seems to have convinced the entire world to murder one another in war, a system you wholeheartedly seem to approve.

"The target marker flares looked quite pretty floating slowly down in the night sky" my mother told me about the time the Luftwaffe bombed her home town of Leicester England in 1940.
Hitler bombed other Brit cities too, and was even developing a transatlantic "Amerikabomber" and atom bomb to hit America, so we had to do D-Day to stop him.
Same after Pearl Harbor, the Japanese Empire had its eyes on America and had to be tackled.
If JW's had been in charge, America would be split into two halves by now along the Mississippi with the Eastern half being nazi-controlled, and the western half Japanese controlled., and I'm sure Satan would be chuckling..Wink
Neri

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2014 11:59 pm
It is wrong-headed to think that quantum physics can explain exactly how the brain produces consciousness. However, it is equally so to think that the discoveries of this branch of physics have no relevance to the issue of human awareness.

Free will presumes consciousness, for a person cannot act freely unless he is aware of what he is doing. On the other hand, free will offends the notion that all things are determined by antecedent causal rules (the deterministic paradigm).

Because atomic physics has discovered that not all things are so determined, it has falsified the deterministic paradigm. Note very carefully, this does not necessarily mean that all effects are random. It only means that some effects are so determined while others are not.

It may well be that the determinism of the lifeless macro world emerged from the indeterminism of the subatomic world [in that subatomic particles have properties in the aggregate that they do not posses when taken in isolation]. Similarly, life in all its complexity, including the freedom of action exhibited by higher life forms, may well have emerged in a similar way from lifeless matter—thereby yielding indeterminism of an entirely different sort.

Neri

0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2014 11:33 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
If JW's had been in charge, America would be split into two halves by now along the Mississippi with the Eastern half being nazi-controlled, and the western half Japanese controlled., and I'm sure Satan would be chuckling..
Had the JWs in Germany not been willing to die rather than support Hitler, perhaps you would be sprechen Deutch now.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2014 01:29 am
Quote:
Neologist said: Had the JWs in Germany not been willing to die rather than support Hitler, perhaps you would be sprechen Deutch now.

'Alternative timelines' make fascinating plots for sci-fi films but are just fiction.
For example if the German JW's HAD fought, then Hitler might have had the extra manpower to have done the world a favour by crushing that huge godless communist cesspit called Russia.
And if the whites hadn't conquered America, it'd still be controlled by heathen redskins and this little sweetie in Seattle's University Avenue would have quickly been captured and forced to be some young buck's squaw..Smile

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/Seattle-preach_zpsf8afb67d.jpg~original
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=52e_1401770550
0 Replies