Smoking Foes try to stop PARENT from SMOKING IN THEIR HOME?

JTT

Sun 18 Dec, 2005 03:28 am
ralpheb wrote:
Am I the only one who sees the irony of this. Most of you I have seen on other threads and you all seem to be anti right wingers. The beaty of this thread is that it is the liberal left wingers that are trying to impose this.
I do love the irony of all this.

Am I the only one who sees the irony here.

ralphb leaps to the assumption that this is "liberal left wingers that are trying to impose this". I'm not sure how he knows this for sure.

But he and the other righties correctly assume that all things that have benefited society are precisely the things that have been initiated and pushed forward by the left side of the political spectrum.
0 Replies

JTT

Sun 18 Dec, 2005 03:44 am
squinney wrote:
I don't need the government to tell me to do so.

Time and again, we've seen that not all adults are as intelligent as you are Squinney. Many are light years from your level of intelligence.

Quote:
Each year more Americans die from smoking- related diseases than die from AIDS, drug abuse, car accidents and homicide-combined. Take a look at the facts about cigarette smoking and your lungs.

Cigarette Smoking Kills People

390,000 Americans die each year from the effects of cigarette smoking. Smoking has been responsible for 16% (or 1 in 6) of all deaths in the U.S. each year. Cigarette smoking is the major cause of. emphysema, lung cancer, and chronic bronchitis. In 1988 the U.S. Surgeon General reported that nicotine is just as addictive as heroin and cocaine.

A "hit" of nicotine reaches the brain in seven seconds, twice as fast as a syringe of heroin injected into the vein. In the United States, 1.5 million people quit smoking each year, but as many as 50 million adults continue to smoke.

http://abrannen.home.mindspring.com/alag/cigarett.htm

0 Replies

roverroad

Sun 18 Dec, 2005 03:46 am
DrewDad wrote:
ralpheb wrote:
Oh, and I don't smoke so I could care less how much of a smoking ban they put on people.

Are you trying to sound like an idiot, or was this an accident?

Hey I agree with him. I don't smoke so it's not my problem. Other people's kids aren't my problem either. In any case, Just because I have no strong opinions on this issue either way I would still be interested in watching the outcome and would hope both sides argue passionately on this issue. I've lost family members to throat cancer and will probably loose my mom the same way.

I don't smoke nor do I allow people to smoke in my home. And kids are way too pampered these days anyway!

How's that for a lot of nothing from me?
0 Replies

RABEL222

Fri 24 May, 2013 09:11 am
@DrewDad,
Are you married? You forgot the permission phase, and the I've got a headache excuse.
0 Replies