Heaven, Hell, or What the hey?

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 09:10 pm
And there is always this one:

John 14:2 ~ In my Father's house there are many rooms; if it were not so, I would not have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And I if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 09:21 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
And there is always this one:

John 14:2 ~ In my Father's house there are many rooms; if it were not so, I would not have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And I if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going.
I don't recall saying that no one will go to heaven. In fact, Revelation 5:9,10 describes what they will be doing: "And they sing a new song, saying: "You are worthy to take the scroll and open its seals, because you were slaughtered and with your blood you bought persons for God out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation, 10 and you made them to be a kingdom and priests to our God, and they are to rule as kings over the earth."

But I can assure you my hope is to be one of the earthly subjects.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 09:24 pm
You don't want to go to heaven? Ok, can you elaborate on that for me?

I came back to rephrase that. I didn't mean to assume you didn't want to go to heaven. Don't know a better way to say it right now.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 09:30 pm
I've got to go now; but for the time being think about why God created the earth, and why we are so well suited for earthly life.

This is what the one whose name means 'He who causes to become' says in Isaiah 45:18

"For this is what Jehovah has said, the Creator of the heavens, He the [true] God, the Former of the earth and the Maker of it, He the One who firmly established it, who did not create it simply for nothing, who formed it even to be inhabited: "I am Jehovah, and there is no one else. ""

Do you think he changed his mind?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 09:31 pm
No, don't think He changed His mind. But, is it possible He was speaking of just the time we would be on the earth?

What about what Jesus said about preparing a place for us?
0 Replies

Im the other one

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 10:09 pm
Hello, Letty. Thank you for the welcome.

Wanda
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 11:14 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
No, don't think He changed His mind. But, is it possible He was speaking of just the time we would be on the earth?

What about what Jesus said about preparing a place for us?
True, some will be in heaven. But consider this:

If the spirit world was so vastly superior to our earthly existence why would angels be so willing to abandon their heavenly places as they did in the time of Noah? Especially when you think of the consequences.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 11:33 pm
Hey, you tell me! Why did Lucifer do what he did?
0 Replies

Im the other one

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 12:46 am
That's the way I feel. They had it all. What more could they ask for?

Wanda
0 Replies